NEW 30Day Shred Start Date 5/15/11

Options

Replies

• TERRI1125
    TERRI1125 Posts: 40 Member
    Options
    I'm In!! Can't wait! Will post measurements and stats next week.
  • Tnrbeaner
    Tnrbeaner Posts: 51
    Options
    I'm in - ordering the DVD right now!
  • yes_i_can
    yes_i_can Posts: 419
    Options
    To anyone that's done this before - how much work is done on your knees?

I have bursitis in one knee and walking, standing, bending, lunging are no problem, but if I kneel on it... well, it's not pretty. Imagine stabbing a knife under your kneecap, and that's a pretty good equivalent to the pain!

I definitely want to do this, but have to be careful of anything requiring too much on the knees. (No yoga for me!)
  • Chika_2015
    Chika_2015 Posts: 359 Member
    Options
    One week ladies, before Jillian's 30 Day Shred....Make sure you got eveything you need. Light and heavy handweights and a mat and of course your spirit and tenacity to shed some dead weight...LET BRING IT!!!!! ~Chika
  • Chika_2015
    Options
    To anyone that's done this before - how much work is done on your knees?

I have bursitis in one knee and walking, standing, bending, lunging are no problem, but if I kneel on it... well, it's not pretty. Imagine stabbing a knife under your kneecap, and that's a pretty good equivalent to the pain!

I definitely want to do this, but have to be careful of anything requiring too much on the knees. (No yoga for me!)

Do a search on the site and get some info, i heard that it is tough on the kness, but there are modifications for everything ;)
  • LJV1031
    LJV1031 Posts: 502 Member
    Options
    I have a question......how do you figure out your calories burned when you do the video or any video for that matter? Do you just do it as aerobics or something?

I've been trying to figure that out too. I entered every single work out that I could in the video during that 30 minutes, and it totaled about 96 calories. For some reason, there's no calories subtracted when entering strength exercises. I just decided to treat it like I'm not working out and keep my calories around 1200/day like what was suggested
    Awesome idea!!! Considering I break almost everything down, to be as accurate as possible, I can't believe I didn't think to break this down also!!! :ohwell: Glad you responded!!! :flowerforyou:
  • mamato3inca
    mamato3inca Posts: 168 Member
    Options
    I ordered the dvd a few days ago...I'm in!
  • MissTD
    MissTD Posts: 40
    Options
    Super excited... I'm in too. I'm at a DEAD stage so
    I'm ready to change it up. I'll post measurements soon. Ima look for the tape now. Thanks!! #superexcited
  • MissTD
    Options
    Hw much did u find it for??
  • MissTD
    Options
    How much did u find it for??
  • shreddingit
    shreddingit Posts: 1,133 Member
    Options
    Ive done it 2x and currently started a 3rd time, I do suggest you take at least 1 day a week off and pick it up from there, its has good strength so you do need to give muscles rest to recover...just saying.. good luck to all!!
  • wiffe
    wiffe Posts: 224 Member
    Options
    I'm in. Help keep me accountable.
  • kell_riley
    kell_riley Posts: 312
    Options
    I'm in too! Altho I don't have weights at home, hmmm I may have to improvise somehow!
    I'll get the tape measure out and post when we start!

Good luck everyone!
  • Chika_2015
    Options
    Welcome everyone!!!! I can' wait to get this started. WE CAN DO THIS!!!! Tell your friends, maybe they want to get in on this. Teamwork is the way to go. And team work inspires competetion. In the End we ALL win. T - 6 days...LETS GO!!!!
  • Chika_2015
    Options
    I just got my DVD in and I am so UBER Excited, I might just watch it tonight and see how it is, so i can mentally prepare myself.
    WE ARE IN THIS TO WIN IT. LETS GO!
  • TERRI1125
    TERRI1125 Posts: 40 Member
    Options
    Picked up my DVD and am planning on previewing it tonight. Super excited to start!!
  • wiffe
    wiffe Posts: 224 Member
    Options
    Day One
    Current weight:
    Waist1 (where my belly button is):
    Waist2 (where my undies sit):
    HIps:
    Left Arm
    Right Arm:
    Chest:
    Left Tigh:
    Right Tigh
  • deuce3Degotrip
    Options
    I'm happy that I found this thread! Please, HOLD ME ACCOUNTABLE lol!! Tomorrow works great for me! Let's go!!
  • carlye14
    carlye14 Posts: 53
    Options
    I am glad I found this forum! I just bought 30DS and two 3lb weights this afternoon and I am starting tomorrow! I will be doing this in addition to my gym workouts 6x a week...so hopefully I can see results quickly with all of the healthy eating I am doing too!

GOOD LUCK EVERYONE!
  • mbat763
    mbat763 Posts: 11 Member
    Options
    Sorry a bit off topic, but scrolling through replies I saw your 'weight lost' thing and was inspired! Was starting to fall off the wagon but I'm definitely going to get back to the gym tomorrow :D