Just cannot get the motivation

Options
Hey everyone... Ok so a few years back I used MFP and lost a few stone. Then I fell pregnant. After having my baby I have managed to lose 34lbs. But since Christmas I just cant get the motivation back, keep binging on junk food and eating ridiculous amounts which are adding upto over 3,000 calories a day; I know! its ridiculous. I really need some strong words from some strong minded people!! I currently weigh 12 and half stone. The lowest I have ever been is 10 and half stone, my aim is 10 stone..... HELPPPPP xx tips, ideas, photos anything!

thanks in advance :)

Replies

• mymodernbabylon
    mymodernbabylon Posts: 1,038 Member
    Options
    Focus one day at a time. Put your food into MFP even if you over-eat. The more you hold yourself accountable, the more it will become a habit and you will learn to eat the way you want.
  • TimothyFish
    TimothyFish Posts: 4,925 Member
    Options
    STOP IT!
  • Sued0nim
    Sued0nim Posts: 17,456 Member
    Options
    It's not about motivation, it's about commitment

if you're unhappy about your body commit to yourself

Losing weight is hard. Being overweight is hard. Pick your hard!
  • GeemaLeema
    GeemaLeema Posts: 7 Member
    Options
    Focus one day at a time. Put your food into MFP even if you over-eat. The more you hold yourself accountable, the more it will become a habit and you will learn to eat the way you want.

I agree! If I go over I have to put it all into MFP to make myself feel a little guilty that I ate too much or ate the wrong things. My other advice is to ease back into it. Don't put too much pressure on yourself when starting back up. I find I can only loose weight if I am in the right mind set so doing it gradually might help you to get more motivated.

Hope that helps :)
  • FRJM
    FRJM Posts: 91 Member
    Options
    I just focus on one day at a time....once I've nailed it for one day, I focus on the following day...it soon becomes habbit. I try not to look too far ahead and focus on little victories eg. saying no to a chocolate for the first time instead of thinking I might hyperventilate if I don't have my favourite choc! Or actually turning up to running club instead of saying I'll go next week....it all adds up :-)
  • Jwanguy
    Jwanguy Posts: 115 Member
    Options
    I agree take it one day at a time. Everyone has setbacks it's just deciding on getting back focused or giving up. Log everything even if you do go over. Do better the next day. Losing weight is a marathon not a race. Hope this helps.
  • pinkiezoom
    pinkiezoom Posts: 409 Member
    Options
    how about setting smaller challenges each day, for example, today just choose not to have soda/fizzy drink ( or whatever your nemesis is ) then at the end of the day you will feel a sense of achievement, and this mind set is easier to grow with smaller steps rather than just denying anything you think is bad for you.
    Good luck, you have done it before so you can do it again :) x
  • Tylerbrook01
    Tylerbrook01 Posts: 14 Member
    Options
    I take my girl in her buggy walking everyday for 45-60 mins, because I've worked hard doing that it keeps me from eating more than I should, because I don't like to waste my hard work! And two weeks in it seems to be working,
  • xblackstars
    Options
    I understand where you are at, because I too am struggling. I'm at my heaviest 12 stone and I'm 5"3' and struggling. MFP has helped me cut 1.8lbs down already in just over a week, every day I wake up and tell myself I'm going to be more active. I've cut out a lot of things like crisps, chocolate and more fruit and veg. I've also cut out a lot of the fatty meats and takeaways, it can be done. Just keep your head up.
  • Sued0nim
    Sued0nim Posts: 17,456 Member
    Options
    STOP IT!

I like this :grinning:
  • prattiger65
    prattiger65 Posts: 1,657 Member
    Options
    This is harsh, but if you don't care enough, how can anything I say make you care? You have to give a damn.
  • angieroo2
    angieroo2 Posts: 973 Member
    Options
    rabbitjb wrote: »
    It's not about motivation, it's about commitment

if you're unhappy about your body commit to yourself

Losing weight is hard. Being overweight is hard. Pick your hard!

I was about to post the same thing, so I`ll just quote it.
  • Kalikel
    Kalikel Posts: 9,626 Member
    Options
    If you don't want to do it, don't do it. No reason to set yourself up to fail.

When you want to do it, you will. Nothing will stop you. You won't have to look for motivation because wanting it will motivate you.
  • NoelFigart1
    NoelFigart1 Posts: 1,276 Member
    Options
    Losing weight is not a moral imperative. If you don't want to, really... Don't. If you want to, there's your motivation. You want it.

Not worth tying yourself in knots about.
  • jennalor
    jennalor Posts: 84 Member
    edited January 2015
    Options
    I have been in a similar situation, reading this helped me a lot. Best of luck!

http://community.myfitnesspal.com/en/discussion/818701/the-myth-of-motivation-and-what-you-need-instead/p1
  • chivalryder
    chivalryder Posts: 4,391 Member
    Options
    "Listen, the majority of you don't make a living from how your body looks. You have real distractions and that enters into all of how you approach your physique goals. There will be times, maybe days in row where you lack enthusiasm to follow your program. It happens – people always have real life to contend with as well. When it feels like a chore every day to go to the gym - NOW – that is the most important time to get out and “just do it”. In real life, consistency is more important than intensity. You can’t rely on “motivation” all the time. That’s a fool’s game, that you will always lose. Remember, often life dictates that you are better off trying to get a base hit, than to swing hard for a home run. If you have to dial it back to get it done - as in "active recovery" then do so. Pay attention to your biofeedback. It is always telling you the truth!"\

~ Coach Scott Abel
  • 999tigger
    999tigger Posts: 5,235 Member
    Options
    Motivation comes from you im afraid. Surely you cna write down the reasons why you wnat to lose weight and then decide whether you are prepared to commit and do what it takes to get there? Youve done a great job losing 34, just chill a bit and give yourself some clack then form a plan to get back to maintenance, then small steps to get you back into how you were losing before, if thats your wish. Not as though you are 300lbs+.
  • DawnieB1977
    DawnieB1977 Posts: 4,248 Member
    Options
    Have you got some old photos of when you weighed less, or old clothes?

My third baby is 8 months now and I'm pretty motivated, but all it would take is looking at a 'thin' photo to stop me eating over my calorie limit, or get me to the gym if I were having an off day. I also have a wardrobe full of lovely clothes in my pre-pregnancy size, and I find trying them on and seeing them get that much closer to fitting is pretty motivating.

I know the weather is crappy at the moment, but put the rain cover on the buggy and go out for a walk.

I got a Fitbit for Xmas and I love seeing the steps add up.
  • clambert1273
    clambert1273 Posts: 840 Member
    Options
    well you can even look at my diary and see what happened... I started to log, then well yeah.. then tried to log another day.. not so much.. finally after a few days of "trying", I just went back at it and started carrying around my food scale (yes I am a geek like that) and I have found in the last week, I am much happier with myself than my half *kitten* starts :)
  • holyfenix
    holyfenix Posts: 99 Member
    Options
    Food is good, If you want to keep eating it more than you want to look good naked then that's your choice. Nothing anyone here says will "motivate" you.

Or you could just say you are on a winter bulk :smiley:

Not Srs.