Replies

• smittybuilt19
    smittybuilt19 Posts: 955 Member
    Options
    Ya
  • Madame_Goldbricker
    Madame_Goldbricker Posts: 1,625 Member
    Options
    Maybe the server hadn't washed their hands properly. It's highly unlikely the OP has a wheat intolerance they haven't noticed previously. After two weeks it's doubtful that their digestive system has freaked out over a McDonald's (processed crap or not). The human body can tolerate an awful lot.
  • smittybuilt19
    Options
    mmm processed crap, aka food.
  • lemurcat12
    lemurcat12 Posts: 30,886 Member
    Options
    jpaulie wrote: »
    That's fine, but we are not all the same, it will affect some more than others, all I am saying, although my post came across as all or none now that I re-read it

Yeah, if you hadn't made it all or none I wouldn't have posted. I'm skeptical that that's really what happened, but who knows.

Fast food (at least what I used to eat -- I haven't for years because I don't enjoy it anymore) used to always make me feel congested so that I would be coughing after, and that certainly seems weird enough that I suppose it might be psychosomatic somehow, although it started when I still liked it and would get it on occasion.
  • lemurcat12
    lemurcat12 Posts: 30,886 Member
    Options
    Is it really likely that McD's is her only exposure to wheat?
  • Madame_Goldbricker
    Madame_Goldbricker Posts: 1,625 Member
    Options
    mmm processed crap, aka food.

Gotta love some processed crap!
  • rainbowbow
    rainbowbow Posts: 7,490 Member
    Options
    lemurcat12 wrote: »
    Is it really likely that McD's is her only exposure to wheat?

I'm just shooting in the dark here. I didn't look at her diary so :|

My mom has IBS and my sister is a celiac. They tried to lose weight and started eating "whole foods" and cut certain things out while trying to "eat healthy". They had the same problem when re-introducing foods into their diet. It wasn't until they lost weight and tried to eat those foods again that they were tested and diagnosed.

I think for a long time they just felt it was normal to have the stomach problems, bloating, gas, etc. on a daily basis.

Thats all anecdotal of course. OP could have gotten food poisoning, a stomach bug, etc. I was just throwing that out there.
  • ljmorgi
    ljmorgi Posts: 264 Member
    Options
    Ya...all those ingredients we can't pronounce

By that "logic" there are people who shouldn't eat quinoa.
  • Phoenix_Down
    Phoenix_Down Posts: 530 Member
    edited January 2015
    Options
    ljmorgi wrote: »

That was the joke....
    162aemu.png
    Ironically, I had this argument with someone not too long ago because they got in the new years spirit and decided to become an expert on healthy eating. It was meant in sarcasm, I just failed to post that pic with my post xD
  • smittybuilt19
    Options
    Apparently I'm doing this all wrong. I never did quit fast food, or even desired to quit it. I simply started ordering either smaller portions or replacing some lower quality items with IMO higher quality items, ie, fruit and yogurt parfait instead of fries? <since we're on the mcD's subject. I also search the fast food websites for what has the best protein/calorie ratio.

• Phoenix_Down
    Options
    Apparently I'm doing this all wrong. I never did quit fast food, or even desired to quit it. I simply started ordering either smaller portions or replacing some lower quality items with IMO higher quality items, ie, fruit and yogurt parfait instead of fries? <since we're on the mcD's subject. I also search the fast food websites for what has the best protein/calorie ratio.

^the mcwraps have pretty awesome macros
  • msdavonnadenise
    Options
    I don't think the issue is McDonald's directly. A lot of times, it's just that the quality of the food that you've been eating has been so different - fresh salads, smoothies, very few processed foods, a lot of vegetables - and you're really doing the right thing...and then you turn around and eat something like fast food (twice, I might add). It does a number on your system.

A perfect example is this: my 15 year old daughter has been participating in my weight loss efforts with me - she eats clean and exercises. We grill and steam vegetables and chicken, bake and grill fish and eat whole grains, kale salads, all that...and make everything fresh at home. We've even baked our own whole grain bread and learned how to make our own sushi. After about 45 days, we decide to eat some pre-packaged, bacon-wrapped shrimp stuffed with cream cheese. We were BOTH sick, balled up like babies on my bed, and on the toilet for two days. I don't think it was because the product was bad. It was because our diet had been so clean and the introduction of greasy bacon and hot cream cheese just didn't agree with our new eating habits. Our stomachs had made the adjustment from wreckless eating to clean eating and we simply interrupted that.

Needless to say, now the smell of greasy bacon (something we used to eat on a REGULAR basis prior to this) makes us both feel nauseated, so we don't even buy it anymore.
  • rainbowbow
    rainbowbow Posts: 7,490 Member
    Options
    ljmorgi wrote: »

Speaking of Quinoa, it's covered in saponin and needs to be fully and thoroughly rinsed or it could cause super bad horrible stomach pains from hell. Trust me, i've done it a few times. :wink:
  • p0m3g4
    p0m3g4 Posts: 6
    Options
    I used to stay away from their hamburgers because I too would get terrible stomach cramps after eating there. It never occurred when I ate the chicken, but would always happen when I ate the meat. So to stay on the safe side, I just avoid their meat products all together.
  • smittybuilt19
    Options

^the mcwraps have pretty awesome macros

Thanks I'll have to check those out.

• smittybuilt19
    Options
    Premium chicken and bacon wrap (grilled) looks great.
  • BodyByButter
    BodyByButter Posts: 563 Member
    edited January 2015
    Options
    Maybe you should thank your body for helping guide you back to better options.
  • Phoenix_Down
    Options

Asparagus makes my pee smell funny. Is it my body telling me to look for something better?
  • BodyByButter
    BodyByButter Posts: 563 Member
    Options

Asparagus makes my pee smell funny. Is it my body telling me to look for something better?

Not exactly a parallel argument there, is it? Why are you picking a fight?

• cerad2
    cerad2 Posts: 70 Member
    edited January 2015
    Options
    rainbowbow wrote: »
    Speaking of Quinoa, it's covered in saponin and needs to be fully and thoroughly rinsed or it could cause super bad horrible stomach pains from hell. Trust me, i've done it a few times. :wink:
    Please don't tell me that you are suggesting that we only eat "clean" Quinoa. Clean is a four letter word on this forum.