Replies

• iandroid989
    iandroid989 Posts: 62 Member
    Options
    I just turned 28 but i behave 52
  • Timshel_
    Timshel_ Posts: 22,834 Member
    Options
    45, fellow doxie lover (have two), and try to post positive stuff, or share struggles. Add if interested.
  • Ruth4111gut
    Ruth4111gut Posts: 289 Member
    Options
    48 years old here..Feel free to add me.
  • mbloseit
    mbloseit Posts: 5 Member
    Options
    Hi, I am 45 with about 20lbs to lose. Would love a friend to encourage and motivate!
  • Nickizela
    Nickizela Posts: 11 Member
    Options
    43...need to lose 43...& I want chocolate... :#
  • ctaylor000
    ctaylor000 Posts: 7 Member
    Options
    Hi all; turned 45 today and I've been using MFP since the new year, and loving it. I have about 20 pounds to lose I guess, I'm 5'5" and 156, 7 pounds of which have come in the past year - not sure how that happened! I had my daughter when I was 39, lost most of the baby weight by playing racquetball and running. Since then I've gotten sidelined by an injury and can no longer do anything that impacts my feet. This week I'm going to try out some aquatic exercise classes (just ordered my first swim cap ;) Instead of continuing to moan about what I can't do, I'm committing to finding things I CAN do. Even if it's just the kid yoga class I just did with my daughter this afternoon, walking to the library and back, or trying to squeeze in a few laps when we're at family swim time. Anyway. Glad to be hear and would love a few friends to keep each other motivated!
  • fatassbogger
    Options
    46 here and I have 70 pounds to lose. I gained 7 in the past couple of months.
    I definitely need motivation to get my butt in gear. So far it's been 2 days and I'm hoping by next week I'll be getting in a rhythm where this is more natural to me.
  • BarbellApprentice
    BarbellApprentice Posts: 486 Member
    Options
    Hi! I turn 45 in a few weeks.
  • MakingItGreat
    MakingItGreat Posts: 12 Member
    Options
    I'm 45 -- happy to be a buddy for anyone who'd like to send a friend request, have 75+ to go myself
  • roady29
    roady29 Posts: 86 Member
    Options
    U can add me!!
  • ms_smartypants
    ms_smartypants Posts: 8,278 Member
    Options
    44 here feel free to add me
  • Aviva92
    Aviva92 Posts: 2,333 Member
    edited January 2015
    Options
    I'm 40 and I'm down to my high school weight of 107'ish. It really isn't as difficult after 40 as people claim, unless you have an underlying medical condition of some sort. I found it to be really easy. Just track and eat less.
  • carrieous
    carrieous Posts: 1,024 Member
    Options
    i am 41. what i have noticed w/r/t age is that it takes longer to see results and i lose my gains quicker if i am not consistent. Also, i cannot eat or drink whatever i want and expect to burn it off at the gym. i drank 3 beers last night and gained 1.5 lbs in my sleep. it aint right!
  • BrotherBill913
    BrotherBill913 Posts: 661 Member
    Options
    I'm 49 and feel just fine!!! Anyone can add me just say how you found me :) Good Luck to all :)
  • jaymvita
    jaymvita Posts: 5,787 Member
    Options
    43 here and working out with a bunch of 40+ to recapture some of that youthful energy and vitality that might disappear altogether if we don't put this work in ;)
  • raewendy
    raewendy Posts: 3 Member
    Options
    Hello all! I am 43, and have gone back to school November 2013, and gained 25 pounds (not the freshman 15 I would have preferred) :#

I just started on Monday, and love MFP!

Feel free to add me!
  • KiwiJo42
    KiwiJo42 Posts: 66 Member
    Options
    Hi, im 42 and my hysband and I have just started walk half marathons. Yes its harder to loose weight over 40, but it is more rewarding.
  • Sued0nim
    Sued0nim Posts: 17,456 Member
    Options
    I'm 47

and it's not more difficult - that's just because they assume your muscles has reduced from lack of use .. just build them up with effort and determination

I am fitter now than I've ever been

I feel 20 years younger than I did 8 months ago

if anything you have more willpower than ever before - who doesn't want to be as healthy as they possibly can be

good luck all

• Morgaen73
    Morgaen73 Posts: 2,817 Member
    Options
    carrieous wrote: »
    i am 41. what i have noticed w/r/t age is that it takes longer to see results and i lose my gains quicker if i am not consistent. Also, i cannot eat or drink whatever i want and expect to burn it off at the gym. i drank 3 beers last night and gained 1.5 lbs in my sleep. it aint right!

+1 I've noticed that as well. I lose quicker once I've taken a break for a few days.

I turned 41 last November and I'm always happy to ad new friends. :)
  • KANGOOJUMPS
    KANGOOJUMPS Posts: 6,472 Member
    Options
    anyone can add me,, I am a cardio gal, I like to burn 1000 a day, 7 days a week.I push hard!, and am a social drinker.