Before and after pics for MOTIVATION!!!!!

Options

Replies

• flatlndr
    flatlndr Posts: 713 Member
    Options
    dclark566 wrote: »
    IMG_0416.jpg

55 pounds lost.

Wow!
  • ssssuperkate
    Options
    Lost 24.5 inches!

bg4de4pmdp69.jpg
  • trazter31
    trazter31 Posts: 51 Member
    Options
    WOW. These pictures are truly inspiring. You all should be so proud! Some of you lost the weight fairly quick too. Bravo!
  • AliceSwarthout
    AliceSwarthout Posts: 808 Member
    Options
    268 to 191 progress so far..

t2e7yerjzdn1.jpg
    4bq87bd8q9qb.jpg
    2z3n38b3s0jw.jpg

positively amazing! You look great.
  • Alidecker
    Alidecker Posts: 1,262 Member
    Options
    5l5s3m7je3ob.jpg

August 2009 ....July 2010 gained a little back, but maintaining for the most part
  • trazter31
    Options
    0sil45u0zh43.jpg

This shows a difference of 114 pounds.

you look amazing, how did you do it?

Yes- how did you do it????
  • trazter31
    Options
    flatlndr wrote: »
    dclark566 wrote: »
    IMG_0416.jpg

55 pounds lost.

Wow!

Amazing!
  • trazter31
    Options
    SueSept2010_zpsd56edc36.jpg
    Above: At the starting gate with MFP, October 2010, 5'10", SW = 221, age = 48.5

08271168lbs_1_zps8f797886.jpg

Above: lost 72 pounds by summer 2011, down to about 149, at age 49

P1050941_zpsb9e1168e.jpg

Above: October 2013, down to about 145, me at Havasu Falls in Grand Canyon, age 51.

Now, no current pics, but I've maintained at 145 for a couple years, and just started weight-lifting (free weights). Been in a slow "bulking" phase to build strength and muscle, so I've gained about 5 more pounds. But my experiment is not done, so I don't have pictures that I want to share yet (want the full-blown "afters"); I will be strength-training until spring, then doing a cutting regimen with my normal spring/summer mountain biking and other outdoor activities. Can't wait until next fall after biking and maintaining some strength training. We shall see!!!

what was your plan?

You look amazing!
  • trazter31
    Options
    vvqxl0egea9k.jpg

Dec 2013 ... 275
    Oct 2014 ... 175

Great job!
    Also HAVE to add:
    "The name's Bond…. James Bond." Love the tux! ;)
    Congrats- you look fantastic!!
  • MillieSJ
    MillieSJ Posts: 19 Member
    Options
    Goddamn! I have to be a creep and say hubba hubba to the men this post. Everyone did and is doing such a great job!
  • trazter31
    Options
    TayMCoop wrote: »
    ehp6kag4xuaf.jpg

WOW. You look freakin amazing. Your my inspiration!!! Awesome job!
  • losing70forgood
    losing70forgood Posts: 8 Member
    Options
    Awesome results! Very inspiring....
  • Ideabaker
    Ideabaker Posts: 508 Member
    Options
    Thank you to everyone who has shared before/after pics... your transformations are truly incredible, and a complete inspiration!
  • garn64
    garn64 Posts: 231 Member
    Options
    Thank you everyone! I will be in this thread one day!
  • hellsyeah
    Options
    TayMCoop wrote: »
    ehp6kag4xuaf.jpg

woooooow :D thats brilliant :D you look great. how did you manage? what did you do? i HAVE to know :)
  • adreecakes
    adreecakes Posts: 9 Member
    Options
    When I was 19 I hit my heaviest at 160 (I'm 5'0" so I did not wear it well). I recognized that I was not in the best shape and gave up junk food completely and starting exercising on a regular basis. I ended up losing around 40lbs in a few months. I'm 26 now and still weigh 120lbs (trying to get down to at least 110lb). I feel super proud that I was able to maintain my weight for the past 7 years. :) Here are some pics! I don't have very many good pictures from when I was 19 but these are the ones I could find.

v0i6lzgybzwf.jpg
    dqdubkvah5z1.jpg
    7plnhqx3offp.jpg
  • CarlydogsMom
    CarlydogsMom Posts: 645 Member
    Options
    trazter31 wrote: »
    SueSept2010_zpsd56edc36.jpg
    Above: At the starting gate with MFP, October 2010, 5'10", SW = 221, age = 48.5

08271168lbs_1_zps8f797886.jpg

Above: lost 72 pounds by summer 2011, down to about 149, at age 49

P1050941_zpsb9e1168e.jpg

Above: October 2013, down to about 145, me at Havasu Falls in Grand Canyon, age 51.

Now, no current pics, but I've maintained at 145 for a couple years, and just started weight-lifting (free weights). Been in a slow "bulking" phase to build strength and muscle, so I've gained about 5 more pounds. But my experiment is not done, so I don't have pictures that I want to share yet (want the full-blown "afters"); I will be strength-training until spring, then doing a cutting regimen with my normal spring/summer mountain biking and other outdoor activities. Can't wait until next fall after biking and maintaining some strength training. We shall see!!!

what was your plan?

You look amazing!

Thank you! Traceydickson, my plan--well, I can't say I had an actual plan other than using MFP. I didn't want to use a plan, I wanted to figure out a lifestyle and make permanent changes I could live with. Basically, I follow these points about 90% of the time: 1) eat as much lean protein and veggies as I want; everything else (everything! wine, chocolate, dairy, breads, cheese, fruit, etc.) I do in moderation. No restrictions, just moderate. I get my jollies with one cookie, or one brownie, or one glass of wine--and I'm perfectly ok with that. 2) And TRY to avoid combining high fat and high carb foods at the same meal. If something is high in fat, I try to lower my carbs, and vice-versa. I think an overload of both tends to make me feel sluggish, and I don't like how I feel after a high fat and high carb meal.

The rest of the time, which is usually my vacations, a holiday or two, a social occasion, I pretty much do what I want and get back on track when I get home.

Exercise was mostly brisk walking/hiking (I can easily walk 3.5 - 4 mph, and often walk 3-5 miles each morning). When I lost quite a bit, I started mountain biking, a little jogging, using the elliptical when I travel/hotel it, pickleball--just move more.

Now I'm really excited to be lifting free weights. I am putting on weight ("bulking" which makes me laugh because I'm not into the whole bulking thing, but eating in calorie excess is needed to grow muscles), and look forward to getting back on the bike come spring and losing the fat while maintaining the "new" muscle. Shakin' it up, ya know, which I also highly recommend!
  • flatlndr
    flatlndr Posts: 713 Member
    Options
    trazter31 wrote: »
    vvqxl0egea9k.jpg

Dec 2013 ... 275
    Oct 2014 ... 175

Great job!
    Also HAVE to add:
    "The name's Bond…. James Bond." Love the tux! ;)
    Congrats- you look fantastic!!

Thanks!
Do you Love MyFitnessPal? Have you crushed a goal or improved your life through better nutrition using MyFitnessPal?
Share your success and inspire others. Leave us a review on Apple Or Google Play stores!