"The struggle you're in today is the strength you'll need for tomorrow."
  • jsalzat
    jsalzat Posts: 225 Member
    Options
    "True courage is to keep on traveling when you can't see the map."
  • donald149
    donald149 Posts: 211 Member
    Options
    Great thread!! I'd be so much further ahead if I logged consistently. Need to restart the habit.
  • jsalzat
    Options
    Thank you!!!

Yeah I had been indecisive about whether to start the 30 days over since I had skipped a day. Then I failed to complete the log again on Thursday because I fell asleep, and I didn't bother catching up Friday even though I had stayed within my calorie goal. Now I think it's important that I make the 30 days consecutive to re-establish the habit. I logged yesterday, and I'll do it again today-- so here's to restarting :drinker:
  • jsalzat
    Options
    "Nothing in this world can take the place of persistence." --Calvin Coolidge
  • jsalzat
    Options
    So here I am again 6 months later. I still have not re-established the logging habit. I've made countless resolutions and have still not managed to get myself logging daily. Every time I decide that I don't like what I've eaten or don't feel like logging it, I skip the day and tell myself I'll start my streak fresh "tomorrow". I've been wasting my time waiting for the "ideal" day to start over, when the truth is, there is no perfect day to begin- except now.
    I'm not giving up though. There's no point in getting down on myself about it. Despite my poor logging habits over the past few months, I've made some good choices and I've had some amazing workouts. But why settle for good when better is possible? I know that daily logging will eventually get me to the results I want to see. It's not easy to do the things I don't feel like doing, especially initially, but once the habit is established, it's much easier to keep going.
    So I will post here for integrity- because I'm not giving up on this after all. Feel free to post your motivation here as well. My hope is that on Feb 9th the "has logged in for 30 days in a row" announcement will finally pop up under my name. That will mean that I will have not only logged onto the site for 30 days, but also have kept up with a full month of honestly logging food and exercise. I'm looking forward to keeping up with fitness friends over the next month. Your progress always inspires me :smiley:

Day 1:
    “Never leave till tomorrow that which you can do today.”
    ― Benjamin Franklin
  • jsalzat
    Options
    Day 2:
    "Some make it happen,
    some watch it happen,
    and some wonder
    "What happened?"
    -Anonymous
  • lambchoplewis1
    lambchoplewis1 Posts: 156 Member
    Options
    "If u r going through hell, keep going". Winston Churchill
  • jsalzat
    Options
    I love that one- thanks :smile:

Day 3:
    "If you can dream it, you can do it." -Walt Disney
  • lambchoplewis1
    Options
    "Attitude is a thing that makes a big difference". Winston Churchill

Look up quotes from Winston Churchill. Amazing.
  • jsalzat
    Options
    :) Thanks-- I did... he does have some very insightful quotes. Here's one I hadn't seen before that I enjoyed:

"I like a man who grins when he fights." -Winston Churchill

• lambchoplewis1
    Options
    "Mistakes are proof you are trying"

Isn't that the truth!!!
  • lambchoplewis1
    Options
    “Perfectionism doesn’t make you feel perfect. It makes you feel inadequate.” ~Maria Shriver
  • jsalzat
    Options
    LOL!!!! yes I will take comfort in that ;)

Day 4:

"People who make no mistakes lack boldness and the spirit of adventure. They are the brakes on the wheels of progress." -Dale Turner
  • jsalzat
    Options
    "Perfectionism is the mother of procrastination." Michael Hyatt
  • lambchoplewis1
    Options
    "Dear stomach
    You are bored not hungry so shut up"!!!!!
  • ape114073
    ape114073 Posts: 10 Member
    Options
    jsalzat wrote: »
    This is just another personal thread following through with what I said I'd do upon completing 90 days of inspiration. I didn't think I would need the daily post to keep me accountable, but I found that without the added accountability, even though I have continued to log into MFP daily, I've slipped out of the habit of logging food consistently.

Today was not my best eating day; I ate back all of the calories I burned exercising plus a few. My habit recently has been to "forget" to log food on days like today. But I didn't. I completed my log. May it be the first of a 30 day streak that I follow up with a quote or motivational saying or whatever after completing my food diary.

Thanks for all of your support. Please feel free to post motivation here as well :drinker:

Day 1: "If at first you don't succeed, make a pot of coffee."

• jsalzat
    Options
    Thanks!!!! I need to remember that... the last few days have been great... doing my best to stay within daily calorie goal and pushing myself beyond my limits during workouts-- it all starts with good coffee :wink:

"Most of the important things in the world have been accomplished by people who have kept on trying when there seemed to be no hope at all."
    -Dale Carnegie

Hope you have an amazing weekend !!!
  • lambchoplewis1
    Options
    “The road to success is dotted with many tempting parking places.” ~Unknown