How many calories do you burn a day?

Options
2»

Replies

• Tash_Bgosh
    Tash_Bgosh Posts: 46 Member
    Options
    totally inspiring!
    I aim to burn at least 600 because I also aim to burn 3500 a week. 3500 burned = 1lb lost lol so that is my goal. I have a heart rate monitor so in between my weight sets I do jumping jacks and different things to keep my heart rate up so I can count the calories, and I also do 20-30 min of HIIT cardio on those days, the other 3 days I run 5 miles...phew....lol
  • Tash_Bgosh
    Options
    whats body media fit?

I have a Body Media fit ... and on days when I dont run I burn about 2800 calories. On days when I run its usually over 4000 total!

Ummmm, just wow.....that's an incredible burn....
  • maryloo2011
    maryloo2011 Posts: 446
    Options
    When I do cardio, I aim for at *least* 10 cal/minute or higher. I try to do intense cardio (at least 40 min) on the elliptical 2x week and additional 20 minutes on the bike or power walking. Those are big burn days.

Other 2x week I do strength, which my HRM is telling me I can burn anywhere from 300-400 in about 50 minutes. On these days I also try to hop on the bike for at least 20 minutes. For the bike, I am still trying to work up to a 10 cal/minute burn - I'm close!

Other day or two it depends on what I feel like doing, if anything.
  • robin52077
    robin52077 Posts: 4,383 Member
    Options
    BodyMediaFit is an armband like the BodyBugg, worn 24/7, except while showering or swimming as it is not waterproof. It tells you your total calories burned midnight to midnight, tracks your steps, and tracks yoyur sleep efficiency. It has a small display unit you can clip anywhere or wear as a watch with the optional watchband.

Just eat less than it says and you lose. Simple as that. Just not too much less or you'll starve. I aim for less than a 500 cal deficit a day.
    Example: mine says I am at 1567 cals as of right now, 4:21 PM. It will certainly be above 2000 by midnight, so I'll eat up to 1800 before bed.

No guesswork, no tracking exercise calories to eat or not eat...just ONE fluid number that counts up throughout the day. It tells you how many minutes of moderate activity, how many of vigorous activity, the trip meter tells you how many cals from a time you start it till a time you stop it, along with cals per minute...

it's simply the most amazing thing in the world.
  • edorice
    edorice Posts: 4,519 Member
    Options
    Lately, I've been keeping between 300 - 1000 calories burned. The lower end is from weight lifting only days and the higher is from cardio. This is usually 6 days a week. I've had 1,400 calorie burn days, but then I'm forced to eat more.
  • baisleac
    baisleac Posts: 2,019 Member
    Options
    I burn 1900-2600 in a typical day.

Only about 200-300 of it is from planned exercise.
  • Tash_Bgosh
    Options
    whoa! so im guessing it works :)
    BodyMediaFit is an armband like the BodyBugg, worn 24/7, except while showering or swimming as it is not waterproof. It tells you your total calories burned midnight to midnight, tracks your steps, and tracks yoyur sleep efficiency. It has a small display unit you can clip anywhere or wear as a watch with the optional watchband.

Just eat less than it says and you lose. Simple as that. Just not too much less or you'll starve. I aim for less than a 500 cal deficit a day.
    Example: mine says I am at 1567 cals as of right now, 4:21 PM. It will certainly be above 2000 by midnight, so I'll eat up to 1800 before bed.

No guesswork, no tracking exercise calories to eat or not eat...just ONE fluid number that counts up throughout the day. It tells you how many minutes of moderate activity, how many of vigorous activity, the trip meter tells you how many cals from a time you start it till a time you stop it, along with cals per minute...

• sammys1girly
    sammys1girly Posts: 1,045 Member
    Options
    I aim to burn over 400 in cardio at least 4 days a week at the gym although often with family and other obligations, it ends up being only 3 days. I also lift and then throw in a few fast walks with the dog during the week as well.
  • kentlass
    kentlass Posts: 325 Member
    Options
    i tend to burn ALOT...if i'm walking, i'll aim for 1200(i walk about 10miles) and if i'm on treadmill i aim for between 700-1000...then i do a p90x workout too which i try to aim for 500 or so
  • emmaleigh47
    emmaleigh47 Posts: 1,670 Member
    Options
    whoa! so im guessing it works :)

Im with her - I cannot say enough good things about it. Its like anything else, you get what you put in. But I always sync mine.... I try to eat 500-750 calories under what I burn ... no more than that! I was stuck on a plateau before I bought it... I have lost officially ....10.6 pounds since I started using it in March!
  • matwood74
    matwood74 Posts: 111
    Options
    I do my elliptical almost everyday for around 45 minutes. I aim to burn a minimum of
    500 calories a day!!!
  • marianne_s
    marianne_s Posts: 986 Member
    Options
    I have a KiFit (UK Bodymedia Fit)...

I just checked the last 5 days and I burned 2800 - 3400 cals - on 2 the 2 days I didn't exercise I actually burned 3000 calories.

My exercise cals recently have been:

Week 1 c25k: 350 cals
    No More Trouble Zones DVD: 250 cals
    Turbo Jam: 430 - 460
    Walking 1 mile to work: 75 cals
  • bentobee
    bentobee Posts: 321 Member
    Options
    Another BodyMedia Fit user here - on a regular non-workout day (about two of those a week) I burn around 2600 calories a day. On workout days it's more in the 3500 range.