Anyone have healthy breakfast ideas that go well with egg whites? Thanks!

Options
emylicious2014
emylicious2014 Posts: 3
edited January 2015 in Recipes
I love eggs for breakfast but I'm vegan otherwise. I'd love any ideas for breakfast. Doesn't have to have eggs in it either.

Replies

• emylicious2014
    edited January 2015
    Options
    :)
  • emylicious2014
    edited January 2015
    Options
    (*)
  • lucys1225
    lucys1225 Posts: 597 Member
    Options
    I always make an egg white casserole. I roast up a couple of trays of vegetable, put them in a sprayed Pyrex. Mix in some baby spinach. Cover with egg whites and bake at 350 for 35 minutes or until cooked through. And, as I do with all my eggs, top with fresh salsa or hot sauce.
  • Beckapedia4514
    Beckapedia4514 Posts: 19 Member
    edited January 2015
    Options
    boiled egg slices on toast with avocado slices! Just chunk the yolk...or I feed mine to my dogs...the fat keeps their skin healthy and their coats shinny. I am one popular girl when I boil eggs
  • jgnatca
    jgnatca Posts: 14,464 Member
    Options
    Eggs are the most versatile of foods. Omelets. Crustless quiche, freeze-ahead. Souffle. Pancakes. French Toast. Muffins. Custards. Puddings.
  • ColoradoBringItOn
    ColoradoBringItOn Posts: 132 Member
    Options
    Every morning I have steel cut oatmeal with a 1/2 banana and unsweetened almond milk with eggs on the side and black coffee. Delish!
  • jgnatca
    Options
    http://www.tasteofhome.com/recipes/grandma-s-rice-pudding

Feel free to replace the white sugar with stevia, agave syrup, or honey.
  • candacet36
    candacet36 Posts: 353 Member
    Options
    Remember that you don't always have to eat "breakfast" foods just because of the time of day. I often start my day with a cup of turkey chili because it is high in protein and low in carbs. Gives me a great boost and I am not a breakfast food lover.
  • jgnatca
    Options
  • tiptoethruthetulips
    tiptoethruthetulips Posts: 3,365 Member
    Options
    Egg yolk :)
  • williams969
    williams969 Posts: 2,528 Member
    Options

Beat me to it. +1
  • tiptoethruthetulips
    tiptoethruthetulips Posts: 3,365 Member
    Options

Beat me to it. +1

Only just.....
  • trilawyer
    trilawyer Posts: 5 Member
    Options
    I love love love making baked egg white "muffins" by chopping up veggies (e.g., peppers, onions, cilantro) then mixing them in with the egg whites and baking in a silicone muffin tin at 350-ish degrees until they're set. Look up "egg white breakfast muffins" on google or pinterest for exact directions. They're sooo delicious!
  • lishie_rebooted
    lishie_rebooted Posts: 2,973 Member
    Options
    candacet36 wrote: »
    Remember that you don't always have to eat "breakfast" foods just because of the time of day. I often start my day with a cup of turkey chili because it is high in protein and low in carbs. Gives me a great boost and I am not a breakfast food lover.

OP is "vegan"

Eat the whole egg. runny fried eggs with mashed avocado on toast is amazing.
  • dawnmcneil10
    dawnmcneil10 Posts: 638 Member
    Options
    I like pouched eggs over an english muffin, bed of spinach, grilled peppers and onions with swiss cheese.
    Omelets and egg muffin cups are also great options. Sometimes I also just whip up some egg whites and veggie sausage with or without a side of toast, yummy!

You can also make pancakes using greek yogurt instead of the milk or water. I make these usually in a large batch and freeze for quick breakfasts during the week. My favorite is to top the pancakes with more greek yogurt, berries and granola.
  • FatFreeFrolicking
    FatFreeFrolicking Posts: 4,252 Member
    edited January 2015
    Options
    Egg whites with spinach and vegan cheese. Maybe try to find vegan "sausage" and toss that in as well!
  • kxbrown27
    kxbrown27 Posts: 769 Member
    Options
    Every morning I have steel cut oatmeal with a 1/2 banana and unsweetened almond milk with eggs on the side and black coffee. Delish!
    Are you having breakfast at my house? Because this is exactly what I have everyday.
    I mix some chopped peppers and onions in with the eggs and if I'm feeling frisky I'll top it off with hot sauce.
  • spatdi
    spatdi Posts: 16 Member
    Options
    One of my faves is what I call a potato/egg stack.
    3-4 oz frozen shredded hash brown potatoes cooked in a small good nonstick skillet with PAM or other spray. Use med-med hi heat and crisp on both sides.
    Place on a plate, lay a piece of 2% or other cheese over top. Cook an egg over easy and place on top of the cheese.
    You could just scramble egg whites and serve atop the potatoes.
  • kimw91
    kimw91 Posts: 355 Member
    Options
    You could make a frittata with different veggies and eggs and avocado on toast are of course a classic. I sometimes make a sweet omelet whipping up the egg whites for extra fluffiness and topping it with banana, blueberries and honey (or in your case a vegan substitute).
  • walkonfire5
    walkonfire5 Posts: 648 Member
    Options
    I love making egg omelets Packed with onions tomatoes mushrooms prawns bit of cheese