Any other Chubby Goths out there?

Options
I've always been into the Goth look, even when I was little I was borrowing my brothers spikes and tripp pants, wearing black lipstick when my mom wasn't around, and by the time I was thirteen I was into everything about it. The look, hairstyles, makeup, and more importantly, the music.

There are things, that because of my weight, I feel I can't do.
Like get the haircut I've always wanted (mohawk'ish), Dye my hair midnight blue, and not to mention the type of clothes I love...to me they wouldn't look right on someone of my figure.
I want to start carrying myself with more pride, and honestly, I need to be healthier.
But I'd like to do it with people, I've never had support for weight loss before, I would really appreciate having some now.
My names Kate.

Replies

• jolarocknrolla
    jolarocknrolla Posts: 236 Member
    Options
    goth/deathrock/metal actually :) good luck to you!
  • XxXstars9967XxX
    Options
    Can't say im goth but i am into some pretty fantastic music xD can add me if ya wants.
  • MissO﹠A
    MissO﹠A Posts: 906 Member
    Options
    Not a goth but have counted The Cure as one of my favourite bands since my formative years... and prefer wearing black to any other color. ;) Throw me an add if you'd like.
  • TheJillJohnson
    TheJillJohnson Posts: 8 Member
    Options
    Im so not close to goth or an age where goth would be appropriate even if I wanted to be that way ,but.....WAY TO GO making a decision to stop hanging your head in SHAME and making decisions to be healthier!!!!!

Its one choice at a time!!!!! Good luck to you!!!!
  • KierstyPants
    KierstyPants Posts: 468
    Options
    Im not exactly goth, but the way I dress and the music I listen to has been labeled as goth?
  • FearAnLoathing
    FearAnLoathing Posts: 4,852 Member
    Options
    Ive been into goth for over 20 years,Ive had a weight problem for the last 4.
    It makes for some interesting parent teacher confrences lol
    feel free to add me if you want
  • VixFit2011
    VixFit2011 Posts: 663 Member
    Options
    I don't know enough about the Goth way of life but I do know I love the look. If I was younger I'd probably dress like that or emo or rockabilly punk. However I'm 65 so a little old for that now.
    I do want to wish you the best and you're just coming to this site is the first step. You "can" do this!
  • Bavaria100
    Bavaria100 Posts: 42
    Options
    I was through and through Goth when I was around 18 and I guess Iam still Goth. Ok..in my job I cannot spike my hair up (that's what I used to do) but most of my clothes are sill black. Of course I still listen to the same sort of music.....Once a Goth always a Goth :tongue:
  • Ashley_Panda
    Ashley_Panda Posts: 1,404 Member
    Options
    I'm more punk style but I listen to everything from metal downward. I've done the goth style in high school but them damn tripp pants are expensive. Lol.
  • BamBam1113
    BamBam1113 Posts: 542 Member
    Options
    Goth/emo chicks are HAWT!!!
  • FearAnLoathing
    FearAnLoathing Posts: 4,852 Member
    Options
    I think its funny when people trip out on me for being my age and still dressing goth.But to be honest I only go all out when I go out other times its jeans and tee shirts.Goth clothes are to uncomfratable to chase a toodler around all day in lol
  • monkeybuttsmommy
    monkeybuttsmommy Posts: 343 Member
    Options
    I am rock-a-billy style and I am big. I don't let it get in the way. I dye my hair CONSTANTLY and could care less what others think. I am on my journey so I don't die before my son knows his mommy. I am all for self expression so feel free to add me.
  • lunaliberi
    lunaliberi Posts: 60
    Options
    Yeah I've had that trouble with my nieces and nephew.
    Chasing after a three year old in combat boots and chained jeans can be a bit difficult.
  • XxXstars9967XxX
    Options
    I am rock-a-billy style and I am big. I don't let it get in the way. I dye my hair CONSTANTLY and could care less what others think. I am on my journey so I don't die before my son knows his mommy. I am all for self expression so feel free to add me.
    you sound like me with the hair dying....i can't have my hair the same color for a whole month. It drives me crazy..not as crazy as my mom tho when i still lived w her
  • ladymoonlite
    ladymoonlite Posts: 273 Member
    Options
    i dont dress goth everyday though i do listen to it...i dress freely..im no poser..i know my music ..i change my style everytime..one day im thrash the other day im normal next day i wear my dress with spiderweb fishnets and boots....im chubby though haha :D..i pretty much dress according to how im feeling everyday haha i listen to almost anything but mostly its death, black, thrash, metal, and goth..and i dye my hair constantly too XD
  • Cait_Sidhe
    Cait_Sidhe Posts: 3,150 Member
    Options
    *rasises hand* Goth/deathrock/neo-victorian/whateveryouwanttocallit for a very very long time.
  • AngelsKisses75
    AngelsKisses75 Posts: 595 Member
    Options
    YAY you!! Do what you do, and don't stress it! I go with my mood usually, though I will admit I have not worn my blacklipstick since ... oh Samhain. *nods* So if a person is 13, 30, 19, or 90 ...... 90 pounds - 900 pounds ... do what you like. It's your life live it, or miss out! (just don't get fired for it :laugh: )

\m/_ ROCK ON!! _\m/
  • DarkSwan
    DarkSwan Posts: 29
    Options
    Wow, I haven't considered myself goth in ages. (Now I have realised I am much to insane for that and find myself leaning towards Diesel-Zombie-Medival-Post Apocolyptic-Victorian-Tribal-Military-Art Deco-Viking-Grunge-Cyber-Ragamuffin-Heathen-Vintage-Glamabilly. Yea, think about that for a minute... Thank goodness for t shirts and jeans.) Not since the yuppies got ahold of it. Brings back memories though. There was a time when goth was kind to chubby people, not anymore. XD Great now I feel old. Ha ha...

But really don't let how you think others are looking at you stop from being bad-*kitten* in all things. I mean getting in shape is great and I wish you the best. But don't be afraid to be what you want, its not worth it. Fear is nothing but poo.

So yea, add me if you want...

(Also I have waist length very thick hair. Once I dyed it all blazing hot pink with a jet black stripe in front because nobody thought I was ballsy enough to. Well I did, and got compliments everywhere I went. So do what others are afraid of and they won't even notice that your big.)
  • Lazyboy09
    Lazyboy09 Posts: 190 Member
    Options
    Goth/emo chicks are HAWT!!!

I'm with you.
  • VegGrrl
    VegGrrl Posts: 336 Member
    Options
    Not a goth but have counted The Cure as one of my favourite bands since my formative years... and prefer wearing black to any other color. ;) Throw me an add if you'd like.

What she said - but I am a retired punk/Goth...:ohwell: Going more for the "eccentric yet stylish" look as the years pile up...lol

And by the way, if you want a mohawk by all means go for it! I had one about 30 years ago - and I think EVERY woman should know what her head looks like without hair! :happy: