stay at home mom homeschooling kids

Add me, I'm a homeschooling. Parent and would love the support

Replies

• Train4Foodz
    Train4Foodz Posts: 4,298 Member
    Hey there,
    Welcome to the MFP community!

That must be hard but rewarding, wishing you all the best with your goals!

Give 110% and you'll get 110% back in return!!

All the best,
    Adam
  • MissingPixies
    MissingPixies Posts: 316 Member
    I'm also a homeschooling Mom. I'm on my phone via the app, not sure how to add people just yet. But once I hop on the computer I'll add you.
  • Wonderful, we can encourage each other I have a 12yr old daughter and a 16 yr old son-- im going to check and see if I can send you a request for friendship
  • UnicornAmanda
    UnicornAmanda Posts: 294 Member
    I have a four year old and one on the way. Thinking about homeschooling in Sept! Would love to have some other homeschooling moms on my friends list! I have a bunch of questions!
  • Sure honey add us, but I let them go to school up till junior high!! Got that solid reading foundation conquered!! Lol!!
  • I work from a home office which means I am pretty much home 24/7! My closest office I can go to is 3 hours away so it can get pretty lonely! I do home-based workout programs to stay active. I have found having an accountability group helps so much. When I don;t feel like doing it, i know I have to do something as the group is going to ask me what I did! I belong to a group right now of about 140 people. There is a weekly workout posted to help give people ideas as to what they can do for the week to get moving. FR me!
  • Sounds great I would like to add you as a friend
  • Tink1o5
    Tink1o5 Posts: 10 Member
    I am a full time stay at home mom and plan to homeschool my 2 boys
    They are about to both turn 3 and 5 years old.
    I'm looking to lose 50 pounds.
  • brendasturn
    brendasturn Posts: 1 Member
    I am a homeschooling mom of five... My youngest is already 10:(. I also do home day care and work a couple shifts a week outside the home. Been using MFP for about a week and love it! I am on my last 20 pounds and am so excited and motivated:)
  • Yaaay! !you got this
  • Tink1o5 wrote: »
    I am a full time stay at home mom and plan to homeschool my 2 boys
    They are about to both turn 3 and 5 years old.
    I'm looking to lose 50 pounds.

Let's do it to gather. we can do it
  • I am a homeschooling mom of five... My youngest is already 10:(. I also do home day care and work a couple shifts a week outside the home. Been using MFP for about a week and love it! I am on my last 20 pounds and am so excited and motivated:)

You got this girlfriend! !
  • spomcg275
    spomcg275 Posts: 2 Member
    Hi, I'm new to MFP and looking for new friends to motivate and help each other along this weight loss journey...
  • wellthenwhat
    wellthenwhat Posts: 526 Member
    I homeschool my almost 4 year old, we live on what I call a mini-farm with a few horses and cattle.
  • uconnwinsnc1
    uconnwinsnc1 Posts: 902 Member
    I've always wondered, and this is a completely honest question, do you ever get worried about your child's social development by homeschooling them? Do you still send them to activities (sports, music, ect) so that they can make friends with other kids their age?
  • I've always wondered, and this is a completely honest question, do you ever get worried about your child's social development by homeschooling them? Do you still send them to activities (sports, music, ect) so that they can make friends with other kids their age?

Yes ma'am, got to fill in all the blanks so that they can be able to function as respectable aldults-- my daughter takes gym, dance, and a sewing class, outside our home with kids her age, my son plays football, basketball, and tennis with his peers-- you would be surprised how many homeschool supported recreational activities available
  • I homeschool my almost 4 year old, we live on what I call a mini-farm with a few horses and cattle.

We want a farm, in the market to buy, just haven't found what we want were we are located yet, we have chickens, rabbits, need more room for cattle though!! Smile
  • ms_smartypants
    ms_smartypants Posts: 8,278 Member
    I homeschool my daughter ...Please feel free to add me ...Wishing everyone much success :)
  • spomcg275 wrote: »
    Hi, I'm new to MFP and looking for new friends to motivate and help each other along this weight loss journey...

Feel free to add m e, o need all support I can get also
  • Please add me as well. I am a stay at home mom and will homeschooling my kindergartener this fall. Looking for support to lose 30 lbs of baby weight (my youngest is almost 3!!)