Replies

• lynder64
    lynder64 Posts: 285 Member
    Options
    Congratulations!!! Nice read :-)
  • Pollart77
    Pollart77 Posts: 263 Member
    Options
    So so happy for you and what a great smile! Keep it up!
  • lessofme43
    lessofme43 Posts: 139 Member
    Options
    Way to go! I started my healthy lifestyle journey in April 2013, and nearly reached my goal of 40 lb loss in 1 year, and then I ruptured a disc in my lower back which had me sidelined - gaining back 27 lbs in 9 months of sedentary life, emotional eating and meds. I'm back on track now, 5 weeks post-op from back surgery, feel free to add me as a friend!
  • trazter31
    trazter31 Posts: 51 Member
    Options
    You look great- keep it up! Keep us posted with pics- very inspiring!
  • Noodle797
    Noodle797 Posts: 366 Member
    Options
    Every time I read a story like this I think, "I'm so proud of you", even though you're not someone I know, I still feel like one of my friends has made a fantastic achievement! You are an amazing inspiration, especially since you didn't quit even when you were presented with some pretty tough roadblocks. Kudos to you and I'd be honored to be your friend. :)
  • cheslightsey
    cheslightsey Posts: 13 Member
    Options
    Virtual confetti dropping here!! Congratulations...especially for sticking with the process when the weight wasn't coming off. That, to me, is as impressive as your total loss so far! Thanks for sharing and keep up the good work.
  • most3045
    Options
    Congratulations!
  • shelbysp8
    shelbysp8 Posts: 131 Member
    Options
    That's Awesome! Keep up the HARD work!
    Feel free to add me, I am on here everyday. If I don't comment ,I will take the lazy way and "like" your status! (I admit its a problem, the lazy!) :p
  • dusjujr
    dusjujr Posts: 160 Member
    Options
    congrats...great job
  • simpsi
    simpsi Posts: 14 Member
    Options
    Well done, fantastic job!!
  • dsaphire
    dsaphire Posts: 6 Member
    Options
    Congratulations and you look wonderful -- so happy! You are such an inspiration.
  • ChanaRo
    ChanaRo Posts: 17 Member
    Options
    This is amazing and inspiring. What you've shared can help so many people!!! You are brave and beautiful!
  • feliscatus84
    feliscatus84 Posts: 80 Member
    Options
    Good for you girl! I am glad you also had a great doctor to help you. It is so hard to find great doctors who listen. You should give yourself a huge pat on the back for the accomplishment you made. It's tough to stick with. I know. I've lost 70lbs and I feel it will always be a struggle for me but I know if I keep up with it I've won and I will continue to win! And you will too!
  • cmaga21
    cmaga21 Posts: 4 Member
    Options
    You are such an inspiration!
  • ehimay10ins
    ehimay10ins Posts: 57 Member
    Options
    very inspirational!!!!

I want to ask whether or not you think you could have done it without your "team" (your doctor, trainer, fitbit, etc). Meaning if you would have just gone for a yearly checkup, and maybe even gotten the information about your insulin, but nothing else from the doctor.....if you would have met your trainer for just an evaluation of your fitness and food logs and just been given advice after a one time meeting.........do you think you would be where you are?

I'm asking because I LOVED working with my trainer. I stopped because it costs money. I haven't bought myself a fitbit yet because everytime I look at it I cant allow myself to spend the money on myself. I saw a nutritionist once but the thought of going back and actually showing her my food log was mortifying.

Am I my own worst enemy? At what point is an excuse valid or invalid?
  • 49Elle
    49Elle Posts: 80 Member
    Options
    Really appreciated your posting and snapshot of your journey, what marvellous results. I would like very much to be on board with the next successful stage for you and progression for me, no doubt I could learn lots from you. Friend request sent for mutual support :) I am determined to stick with it
  • getfithamtown
    Options
    You go girl!
  • cmfruin2012
    cmfruin2012 Posts: 157 Member
    Options
    Pollart77 wrote: »
    So so happy for you and what a great smile! Keep it up!

Thanks!
  • cmfruin2012
    Options
    Virtual confetti dropping here!! Congratulations...especially for sticking with the process when the weight wasn't coming off. That, to me, is as impressive as your total loss so far! Thanks for sharing and keep up the good work.

Thank you!
  • cmfruin2012
    Options
    very inspirational!!!!

I want to ask whether or not you think you could have done it without your "team" (your doctor, trainer, fitbit, etc). Meaning if you would have just gone for a yearly checkup, and maybe even gotten the information about your insulin, but nothing else from the doctor.....if you would have met your trainer for just an evaluation of your fitness and food logs and just been given advice after a one time meeting.........do you think you would be where you are?

I'm asking because I LOVED working with my trainer. I stopped because it costs money. I haven't bought myself a fitbit yet because everytime I look at it I cant allow myself to spend the money on myself. I saw a nutritionist once but the thought of going back and actually showing her my food log was mortifying.

Am I my own worst enemy? At what point is an excuse valid or invalid?

These are excellent questions -- and the answer for myself may not also be the answer for you. To digress for a moment, I think that is the Catch 22 of MFP -- the community of support can be amazing, but it can also be confusing -- because there is no one formula that works for everyone -- it is about finding the balance of foods, exercise, and other health improving tasks that works for YOU. And finding that formula is definitely trial and error, and definitely takes a LOT of patience and willpower. I had to DIG DEEP to find that patience and willpower to stick it out during that long drought of not losing anything despite making a concerted effort everyday to log my food, create a calorie deficit and workout.

All that being said...YES, I do think that having my "team" helped get me on track. If I hadn't changed doctors, if I hadn't started working out with the trainer, if I hadn't made the changes they suggested and had their support while implementing those changes, I don't think I would have fully gotten over that plateau. And honestly, I feel there is probably another plateau in my future -- weight loss is not linear -- there will likely come another time, it may be in a month, it may be in a year, where I will have to reevaluate again and make some subtle changes. But I take comfort in knowing that I have a group of professionals who will help me the next time it happens -- I won't be miserable in solitary frustration the next time it happens.

One last thing (and sorry this reply is so lengthy) -- I don't think a personal trainer needs to be expensive. Mine is NOT. She has a very reasonable program that honestly most people could afford. One session with her per week is probably less than what people spend on fancy coffee or a lunch out during the week. But it isn't just about finding someone who is affordable but who you also click with -- who understands your goals, challenges you in healthy ways, who cares about you as a person - and doesn't view you as a paycheck.
Do you Love MyFitnessPal? Have you crushed a goal or improved your life through better nutrition using MyFitnessPal?
Share your success and inspire others. Leave us a review on Apple Or Google Play stores!