NSV for the Winter Bulkers?

Options
drepublic
drepublic Posts: 180 Member
To all the other bulkers out there...what are your Non Scale Victories?

Thought I would create a thread for those us getting GAINS this winter. The temptation is to cut now...but I am holding off till March. So far I am up 18 lbs in weight since my physique competition in June 2014 and my strength is definitely improving. Sitting at 202 lbs now and still have visible abs...though I know I can be more consistent on my cardio sessions. It has been a few months since I got on a flat bench, but I have been doing heavy dumbbell incline press and weighted dips along with heavy incline Barbell Press in my Power Rack at home with spotter rods.

It has been at least 10 years since I have bench pressed 315...and back then I could only get one rep! Got this PR last week!

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=NZreImAuqWo

And here's what I have been doing at home...heavy incline press in a power rack with spotter rods. 225 for 8 reps!!

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=dbGADRfVIu4

Keep Pushing the Weight!!

Robert

Replies

• Nolan1009
    Nolan1009 Posts: 36 Member
    edited January 2015
    Options
    Nice work!

I've been bulking since Thanksgiving, so about 2 months (up 5lbs) and have got my bench press up to 105 which is a PR for me and I think I could even get 110. May attempt it on Saturday. Would love to get to bodyweight (120-125). Struggling a bit right now on whether to keep bulking for a few more weeks or mini cut to see where I'm at, but the strength gains make me want to keep bulking :smiley:
  • ForecasterJason
    ForecasterJason Posts: 2,577 Member
    Options
    I've been doing mostly consistent training for about 3 months. I have seen some significant strength gains in my legs; I can leg press through almost 100 extra pounds of weight resistance than when I started. I know it's just beginner gains, but I didn't expect to make this much progress this fast.
  • Springfield1970
    Springfield1970 Posts: 1,945 Member
    edited January 2015
    Options
    Nolan1009 wrote: »
    Nice work!

I've been bulking since Thanksgiving, so about 2 months (up 5lbs) and have got my bench press up to 105 which is a PR for me and I think I could even get 110. May attempt it on Saturday. Would love to get to bodyweight (120-125). Struggling a bit right now on whether to keep bulking for a few more weeks or mini cut to see where I'm at, but the strength gains make me want to keep bulking :smiley:

Keep bulking for another month! It will be a long while maybe before you bulk again, after the cut, and enjoying maintenance for a bit. I'm still riding my last winters mini bulk.

NSV for me is maintaining my muscle through a really tough and stressful year. I never stopped eating the protein and lifted heavy twice a week. I think I even had a natural unplanned bulk over nov and xmas with some booty and leg gains!!

This 6 week cut I'm doing is going so well, the fats melting off and I'm noticing daily changes in my shape. It's much easier second time round!

Oh and I deadlifted 65kg (143lb)and hip thrusted 85kg (187kg)this year (10 x 3 of each, no 1RM for me as I have to watch an injury like a hawk)

• drepublic
    Options
    Oh and I deadlifted 65kg (143lb)and hip thrusted 85kg (187kg)this year (10 x 3 of each, no 1RM for me as I have to watch an injury like a hawk)

Nice work on the Hip thrusts....I just added those to my routine and my wife as well. Still trying to get on your level though. :\ Definitely helping my other lifts and the see the results...especially on my wife...hip thrust for the win!! :D
  • 3laine75
    3laine75 Posts: 3,070 Member
    Options
    Great idea :)

Today's NSV: did previous bench 1 RM for 4 tonight! Best bit about bulking is knowing there'll be loads of new PRs in the coming weeks (be it weight or reps)!
  • butterbear1980
    butterbear1980 Posts: 234 Member
    Options
    Back squat PR 1RM 225

Thank you gain!!!
  • JoRocka
    JoRocka Posts: 17,525 Member
    Options
    NSV: I managed to make it to the gym at 0530.
    WINNING!!!! LOL
  • jmule24
    jmule24 Posts: 1,382 Member
    Options
    NSV - Making it through Jan and Feb without losing it on a few *newbies* in my gym. I actually had an older lady interrupt me; mid rep while deadlifting, to inform me that I was giving her a headache from the noise of the weights. Mind you she was off in cardio land.....
  • JoRocka
    Options
    jmule24 wrote: »
    NSV - Making it through Jan and Feb without losing it on a few *newbies* in my gym. I actually had an older lady interrupt me; mid rep while deadlifting, to inform me that I was giving her a headache from the noise of the weights. Mind you she was off in cardio land.....

OH HELL NOEEESSSSSS
  • drepublic
    edited January 2015
    Options
    [quote="jmule24;30894156"I actually had an older lady interrupt me; mid rep while deadlifting, to inform me that I was giving her a headache from the noise of the weights. Mind you she was off in cardio land.....[/quote]

Set it off...

qi6djh3kzcbg.jpg

• nataliebordeauxx
    nataliebordeauxx Posts: 94 Member
    Options

I have no words.

• ndj1979
    ndj1979 Posts: 29,136 Member
    Options
    so far I am up to 183.5 from 176..starting bulking in October...have not really tried any PR's but my lifts are up ...got up to 125# on BB OHP yesterday at 4x5...
  • ndj1979
    Options

oh hell no ...I would of given that lady the death stare...
  • JoRocka
    Options
    ndj1979 wrote: »

just a death stare?

there would have been some eff bombs- if you stop me midset- I will. have words.
    and they will have 4 letters.
    and they will offend people. and I will See you Next Tuesday.
  • ndj1979
    Options
    JoRocka wrote: »
    ndj1979 wrote: »

just a death stare?

there would have been some eff bombs- if you stop me midset- I will. have words.
    and they will have 4 letters.
    and they will offend people. and I will See you Next Tuesday.

bahahahahaha..

• lyzxyzzy
    lyzxyzzy Posts: 52 Member
    Options
    Nice lifts!

Met my two biggies in December. 250 bench and muscle up on a straight bar. I'd like to bench 150% of body weight and am very close. Next year will include a trip to 300 land.

• sardelsa
    sardelsa Posts: 9,812 Member
    Options
    My NSVs would be actually looking better than I did pre-bulk in all of my dresses (booty gains FTW !). Also the PRs, especially in hip thrusts. And I was able to do two unassisted chin-ups in a row the other day, not much but it's more than I could do before!
  • drepublic
    Options
    lyzxyzzy wrote: »
    Nice lifts!

Met my two biggies in December. 250 bench and muscle up on a straight bar. I'd like to bench 150% of body weight and am very close. Next year will include a trip to 300 land.

Thanks bud! Man I remember the first time I did a muscle up on a straight bar...took me forever to get that technique down. Congrats! My pullup goals now are to Pull Up 315 lbs. I have been working with weighted pullups (olympic plates on a dip belt) . May post some weighted pullup progression in this thread soon. Going for the wide back this summer... :smile:

• JoRocka
    Options
    drepublic wrote: »
    lyzxyzzy wrote: »
    Nice lifts!

Thanks bud! Man I remember the first time I did a muscle up on a straight bar...took me forever to get that technique down. Congrats! My pullup goals now are to Pull Up 315 lbs. I have been working with weighted pullups (olympic plates on a dip belt) . May post some weighted pullup progression in this thread soon. Going for the wide back this summer... :smile:

I'd be in for that- although- at a fraction of what you're pulling. LMAO