What do you dip your raw veggies in?

Options

Replies

• ravenlunatic76
    ravenlunatic76 Posts: 69 Member
    Options
    Nothing! I like the way veggies taste all on their own.
  • puggleperson
    puggleperson Posts: 740 Member
    Options
    bump
  • joannbuist23
    joannbuist23 Posts: 127 Member
    Options
    So many good idea's, wow! No more fat free ranch for me, I'm going to be trying all of these suggestions!
  • lbetancourt
    lbetancourt Posts: 522 Member
    Options
    salt, pepper & lemon juice
  • Adelphia
    Adelphia Posts: 176
    Options
    Teriyaki sauce. It's probably crazy in the sodium, but the minute you try dipping lettuce in it, you'll see my point.

I do love a big bowl of carrots and honey mustard...
  • jdm_taco
    jdm_taco Posts: 999 Member
    Options
    Hot sauce ftw!
  • skbruewer
    skbruewer Posts: 144 Member
    Options
    Spicy black bean dip.
    Jalapeño yogurt dip.
    Salsa.

I want to know more about this Jalapeño yogurt dip. It sounds delicious and I love jalapeños!
  • makeachange22
    makeachange22 Posts: 151
    Options
    i normally don't dip, because i love the taste of most raw veggies. but philadelphie cream cheese BUT it's the light dip kind , and only a tablespoon or less of it :)
  • PirateJenny
    PirateJenny Posts: 233
    Options
    I am going to throw my hat in with the Greek yogurt crowd.

You can add different things to it to keep it interesting:

Salsa (jarred or add chopped tomatoes, cilantro, green onions, garlic and peppers) THIS IS MY FAVORITE!

Fresh Herbs (dill and tarragon with chives are both great, salt and pepper to taste)

Cucumber, scallions, garlic, lemon juice and paprika (more or less a Tzatziki or Raita)

Honey and Cinnamon with a few chopped almonds

Curry powder or paste with cilantro

"Green Goddess" mashed avocado, tahini (small amount), chives or scallions, parsley, tarragon, garlic, lemon juice, salt and pepper (cayenne is optional but tasty) This one also works pretty well with silken tofu.

If you don't mind a small amount of added fat: Spinach-Artichoke: Spinach, artichokes packed in water, diced water chestnuts, red bell pepper, scallions, dill, grated dry cheese (Parmesan etc) garlic and salt / pepper

You can also look up salad dressings or dips and just sub Greek yogurt for the mayonnaise.
  • fteale
    fteale Posts: 5,310 Member
    Options
    humous or sweet potato and harissa dip, but I think both are quite high sodium too (I am just not that bothered by that!).
  • rebelontherun
    rebelontherun Posts: 192 Member
    Options
    hummus!
    or black bean dip yummy :)
  • sarah44254
    sarah44254 Posts: 3,078 Member
    Options
    Air! = no dip for me, thank you :)
  • taiyola
    taiyola Posts: 964 Member
    Options
    I really love cherry tomatoes with low fat coleslaw.
  • Emmy_Ann
    Emmy_Ann Posts: 60
    Options
    Garlic hummus! Yummmmyyyy!!
  • lilRicki
    lilRicki Posts: 4,555 Member
    Options
    Renee's cucumber and dill dressing is my favorite...and it's dairy free
  • buccsgirl78
    buccsgirl78 Posts: 8 Member
    Options
    I love eating raw vegetables but I always want to have to some kind of dip to go with. I usually grab my fat free ranch but I HATE that it is loaded with sodium. So, what do you use?

I use plain greek yogurt in place of sour cream......then I have the hidden valley ranch powder to make the dip and I use a little.....I don't think the sodium is as high per serving.....it taste amazing....

Thats an awesome idea. Thanks for sharing. Ive been eating them plain. blah..
  • emmoen
    emmoen Posts: 218 Member
    Options
    try making your own ranch with a fat free sour cream and a ranch seasoning package
  • janemartin02
    janemartin02 Posts: 2,653 Member
    Options
    fat free ranch
  • locomotion
    locomotion Posts: 67
    Options
    bump
  • marindak
    marindak Posts: 168
    Options
    bump