deadlift 375
    squat 285

total 905 in mid september
    Also done on separate days

Squat 305
    bench 255
    dead 395
    __________+

50 pound total increase in 3 lifts in three months. I guess I will take the little progress I have made.

I need to get my bench up. Tore pectoral excuse is long gone now.

I do not see how y'all do all of your maxes in one day. Someone at the gym did tell me next time to concentrate on more singles then 5 reps and triple warm ups.

I don't know how long you're at the gym when you go for all three. For me, that's all I'm doing that day (and I do very little other lifting the week leading up). I was at gym for about an hour and here was my routine.

Squat :
    bar x 10
    135 x 5
    225 x 5
    315 x 2
    365 x 1
    385 x 1
    405 x 1

Bench:
    135 x 10
    185 x 5
    225 x 2
    245 x 1
    255 x 1(failed)

Deadlift:
    225 x 5
    315 x 3
    405 x 1
    425 x 1(failed)

Again, I'm new to lifting so I have no idea if this is how you *should* warm-up, but I've read that the best way to warm up is whatever works for you and this seems to work for me. I think the key is to do just enough to warm up the joints without starting to wear yourself out. I also might overlap warm-up sets, meaning I might go from low-weight squats to low-weight bench before I ever try a heavy rep. That way I can not waist time waiting for muscles to recover. Once I start doing doubles or singles, I try and give myself at least 5-10 minutes in between tries. Didn't get as much rest on my bench or dead this time b/c (1) my bench spotter was leaving and (2) I was going to be late for work if I stayed any longer :disagree:
  • yopeeps025
    yopeeps025 Posts: 8,680 Member
    Options
    McCloud33 wrote: »
    yopeeps025 wrote: »
    current

bench 245
    deadlift 375
    squat 285

Squat 305
    bench 255
    dead 395
    __________+

50 pound total increase in 3 lifts in three months. I guess I will take the little progress I have made.

I do not see how y'all do all of your maxes in one day. Someone at the gym did tell me next time to concentrate on more singles then 5 reps and triple warm ups.

I don't know how long you're at the gym when you go for all three. For me, that's all I'm doing that day (and I do very little other lifting the week leading up). I was at gym for about an hour and here was my routine.

Squat :
    bar x 10
    135 x 5
    225 x 5
    315 x 2
    365 x 1
    385 x 1
    405 x 1

Bench:
    135 x 10
    185 x 5
    225 x 2
    245 x 1
    255 x 1(failed)

Deadlift:
    225 x 5
    315 x 3
    405 x 1
    425 x 1(failed)

Again, I'm new to lifting so I have no idea if this is how you *should* warm-up, but I've read that the best way to warm up is whatever works for you and this seems to work for me. I think the key is to do just enough to warm up the joints without starting to wear yourself out. I also might overlap warm-up sets, meaning I might go from low-weight squats to low-weight bench before I ever try a heavy rep. That way I can not waist time waiting for muscles to recover. Once I start doing doubles or singles, I try and give myself at least 5-10 minutes in between tries. Didn't get as much rest on my bench or dead this time b/c (1) my bench spotter was leaving and (2) I was going to be late for work if I stayed any longer :disagree:

Our bench routine was almost exactly the same. I didn't got to the gym for 6 days prior because was ill. Now where it is different is. I put the weight on and only take like a 1-2 minute rest. The last projected set was 2 minute rest. It still took me over a hour to max all three lifts. I used to never heavy squat and deadlift in the same day. Now I do all the time.

Although I do not compete I did want to do the maxes in powerlifting order. I have thought about it when I get to my weight goal. I do plan to have a weight lifting competition with the strongest person I know in my life at that time who I know can do something in powerlifting if he wants to. He has been lifting for 12 years. He has done at least 3 bulk/cut phases I know of in the last three years for beach season.

• yopeeps025
    Options
    Who plans on joining this club this year? I know I plan to join this by my birthday hopefully.
  • dbmata
    dbmata Posts: 12,951 Member
    Options
    I just pulled 505 for deadlift yesterday, with 315 squat and 245 bench, I'm at a Wilks of 296.

Not bad, not great. Still more work to do. I've been doing high hip box squats at 405, so I'm sure my squat is a bit higher than that right now.
  • shor0814
    shor0814 Posts: 559 Member
    Options
    I have had rep max of 375 squat, 300 bench, and 465 deadlift (1140) for a Wilks of 307. I have physically lifted 350, 245, and 425 (1020) for a Wilks of 275. I think I have a bit more in me because all of my 1RM's have been after my working sets and I have never actually done a 1RM on bench.

Been lifting for about 7 months heavy so pretty happy with results. A couple of resets along the way due to form breakdown but now feeling pretty confident. Goal for 2015 is 405 squat, 500 dead, and 350 bench 1RM's.
  • Lofteren
    Lofteren Posts: 960 Member
    Options
    I did this little diddy last night. This is a 605 double overhand beltless deadlift. The second rep is over/under grip. 605 isn't a big pull for me but it's a 40lb double overhand grip PR.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=9N0OC9dJDE0
  • Willbenchforcupcakes
    Willbenchforcupcakes Posts: 4,955 Member
    Options
    current

bench 245
    deadlift 375
    squat 285

Squat 305
    bench 255
    dead 395
    __________+

I only max out all three lifts in comp and that is a long enough day. Warm ups have 4-5 minutes between them
    Who plans on joining this club this year? I know I plan to join this by my birthday hopefully.

I will. It'll give me a wilks just above 400
  • DopeItUp
    DopeItUp Posts: 18,771 Member
    Options
    Lofteren wrote: »
    I did this little diddy last night. This is a 605 double overhand beltless deadlift. The second rep is over/under grip. 605 isn't a big pull for me but it's a 40lb double overhand grip PR.

Weak.

Oh wait, what's the opposite of weak? Oh yeah, that.
  • yopeeps025
    Options
    current

bench 245
    deadlift 375
    squat 285

Squat 305
    bench 255
    dead 395
    __________+

I only max out all three lifts in comp and that is a long enough day. Warm ups have 4-5 minutes between them

I will. It'll give me a wilks just above 400

It is not as bad as I thought it was. I surprised myself thinking I would never have energy to do max lifts after squats which is my most draining lift. I tested all three lifts in 65 minutes and I still thought I was taking to long. I also have longer breaks at 100% max or above. I tend to not rest alot when I lift weights.
  • Sickpuppyapb
    Sickpuppyapb Posts: 12 Member
    Options
    Dead - 400
    Squat - 285
    Bench - 175

Total 860
  • dbmata
    Options
    DopeItUp wrote: »

Weak.

Oh wait, what's the opposite of weak? Oh yeah, that.

Yeah, that's pretty serious.
  • giantrobot_powerlifting
    giantrobot_powerlifting Posts: 2,598 Member
    edited January 2015
    Options
    I love the perma-bend on the barbell there.

Nice.
  • dbmata
    Options
    yeah, you can tell that bar's been banana'ed pretty well.
  • HeySwoleSister
    HeySwoleSister Posts: 1,938 Member
    Options

:o

That...that's a LOT of weight. Impressive!
  • McCloud33
    McCloud33 Posts: 959 Member
    Options

Your 605 looks about like my 315 LOL Crazy strong!
  • dbmata
    Options
    So put up 255 for a couple singles on bench today.

Puts me up to let me look... 1,075. My squat is probably higher than 315 these days.

Options
    dbmata wrote: »
    So put up 255 for a couple singles on bench today.

Puts me up to let me look... 1,075. My squat is probably higher than 315 these days.
    Well shucks, now this means 1500 is next.

Very nice.
  • dbmata
    Options
    Yeah, I may never hit it, but I'll work towards it. I'd love to have a combined of 1100 for squat and deadlift.
    giantrobot_powerlifting Posts: 2,598 Member
    edited January 2015
    Options
    dbmata wrote: »
    Yeah, I may never hit it, but I'll work towards it. I'd love to have a combined of 1100 for squat and deadlift.
    You never know because you may find yourself living in a shotgun shack benching 405

And you may find yourself in another part of the world, squatting 605

And you may find yourself deadlifting the balance of the weight of a large automobile

And you may ask yourself

Well...How did I get here?