Looking to make new friends and share diet and workout tips and tricks!

Options
2»

Replies

• joshuajguyer
    joshuajguyer Posts: 21 Member
    Options
    Quick tip: although most may be aware of the detrimental effects of refined sugars on the body, surprisingly many overlook a number of common food items that possess relatively high quantities of refined sugar. Two notorious culprits often overlooked for their undesirable contributions of refined sugars include milk, and many sauces. Look for ways to reduce your sugar intake by keeping a watchful eye on the sugar content in sauces as well limiting the sugars derived from milk either by using skim or cutting back on your daily consumption. The comparatively meager vitamin/nutritional content provided by milk should easily be gleaned from the other items one consumes on a daily basis.
  • joshuajguyer
    Options
    Ladonis98: Congrats on the substantial weight loss! Diet truly plays a key role in any regimine intended to enhance one's fitness; whether that entails increasing stamina, increasing lean muscle mass and reducing fat/water stores, or bulking with a view to increasing muscle size and strength. You're welcome to peruse my diary and offer insights, criticism or even praise. We're all here to make gains in one form or another, so rely on each other for support as well as advice!
  • LJT253
    LJT253 Posts: 676 Member
    Options
    I'm too lookin for new friends if u like to add me
  • ck2113
    ck2113 Posts: 5
    Options
    I'm new to MFP too...this site seems very positive thus far. Especially the message boards and all the positive motivation. Feel free to add me as well.
  • valeecedavis
    valeecedavis Posts: 2
    edited January 2015
    Options
    I've used MFP in the past and lost weight the healthy way (10lbs). I soon got pregnant, gained weight, and now I'm on the track to losing it and not keeping it. I went right back to MFP. In 3 weeks, I've lost 7lbs. I love it and all the improvements. I have 13lbs left to pre pregnancy, but 33 more total to my ideal weight. It is simply outstanding! You will be glad you have it. No doubt, I'm reaching my goal.
  • joshuajguyer
    Options
    Quick tip on sugar consumption: Generally speaking, if your goal is to lose weight and increase vascularity, you'll want to reduce your intake of all sugars (including those from fruits) to the greatest extent possible. Bear in mind that sugars provide the body with an immediate source of energy; however, if the body does not use that energy within a relatively short amount of time (I.e., 20-30 minutes), the sugar is then stored and converts to fat.
  • joshuajguyer
    Options
    So far MFP has been great for meeting new people, forming a motivating support group and sharing tips and advice. Always happy to make new friends :)