5'7" women, what's your goal weight?

Options
124»

Replies

• HanamiDango
    HanamiDango Posts: 456 Member
    Options
    I kind of like seeing the variety we have of weight ranges. Grant it I get jealous at most since my body is smaller ^_^ Happy to see everyone working hard on their goals
    I am 5'6 1/2, smalled framed, with a tummy from another planet. I guess after 110lbs gone it has yet to get the pink slip notice. My goal has always hovered in the 120s range. My husband thought I was crazy but now seeing me at 140, he gets it. I choose my goal weight just be it felt right. Right now my goal is listed at 122lbs but forget the scale. I am going to get to where I like my body best be it 130 or 110 (honestly will get a pound or two under the look I want for wiggle room) and work on recomping and one day building more muscle mass. I like to eat. ^_^ I am currently in the low 140s or high 130s (I broke up with my scale till the end of the month), wear a US size 10 maybe an 8 and med shirt.
  • yirara
    yirara Posts: 9,405 Member
    Options
    Apparently I'm 5 feet and 6.5354 inches :wink: or 169cm. I'm currently around 138 lbs or 62.8kg, still wearing mainly size 40 trousers, which probably is about a UK 12 (US 10?). I do have widish hips and thighs with lots of padding. So I'm basically hoping I can lose a bit more thereabouts. I'm not sure about the target weight though. I'll reevaluate at 60kg and guess I should not lose more than that as my pelvis bones stick out a lot now already.
  • ajanderson84
    ajanderson84 Posts: 24 Member
    Options
    I'm 5'7" Currently 257lbs (started at 273) first goal is 220, current final goal is 150. If I actually manage to reach that number, I'll aim for 125-130 and see how it feels.
  • smille01
    smille01 Posts: 32 Member
    Options
    EWJLang wrote: »
    Im 5'7 and my goal is 7 and a half stone as that is what I was before I had my son:)x

I weighed about that much in my 20s and carried it fine, but then fell back that low after having children and it was WAY too low. Keep in mind that pregnancy usually leaves you with a more expansive ribcage and wider-set pelvis, and that a very low weight like 7.5 stone can look emaciated on a post-baby body even if it was proportional and petite before carrying a child.

So true!

I'm 5'7 and weigh around 133, give or take a few pounds. It's the lowest I've weighed in my adult life. The other day I tried on a dress I wore for a formal in college, when I weighed around 140. The dress was tight in the ribcage area, despite weighing less. I've had a baby since then I do think your proportions can change a bit. My mom told me I look bony now, whereas I didn't in college. Plus my boobs suck now after having my son, but that's another story ;)
  • wolfsbayne
    wolfsbayne Posts: 3,116 Member
    Options
    I'm 5'7" and I currently weigh 187 lbs. and wear a size 12. My goal (but very loosely, as I don't put too much emphasis on the scale number) is 165. I just want to look better, not necessarily weigh less.
  • MoHousdon
    MoHousdon Posts: 8,719 Member
    Options
    I am 5'7 and before I started MFP, I weighed 135 but fluctuated between 135 and 131. I originally set my goal at 130, which I hit with little trouble. I then reevaluated and set my goal at 127 which was what I weighed before I got pregnant 13 years ago. After some consideration, I've decided to maintain 130 and see how I feel about that once I get in the habit of working out regularly and see muscle definition and more leanness. Depending on how I feel, I may or may not go back to a goal of 127.

Good luck on reaching and maintaining your goals!
  • spoonyspork
    spoonyspork Posts: 238 Member
    Options
    I have a goal size rather than weight: 6. Currently in 'tight 8, too loose 10', down from 16-almost-18. Once I reach 6 I'll weigh myself and decide if weight plus what my body looks like is really where I want to be.

I was 125 lbs at size 6 before and was comfortable there even though I'd been called fat (My sister - who was the same weight, height, and size but A-cup instead of DD-cup - was accused of being anorexic. Decided then that it was pointless to try to please anyone but myself with weight... which is kind of how I ended up unhealthy-fat I think, but still..)
  • harriyot
    harriyot Posts: 58 Member
    Options
    Wow. I sound like such a heifer next to you guys! I'm 5ft8 and aiming for 12-12.5 stone. I know this still puts me in the BMI 'overweight' range but as I have a large frame and have a history of LOTS of exercise (I used to play ice hockey and have a black belt in Judo) then I don't think this is unhealthy. Also, I carry my weight all over so it doesn't look like I'm overweight (not that that's important, I'm just saying...) I suppose your goal should be what you feel comfortable with. A range rather than a single target helps too - gives you wiggle room.
  • c_leeee
    c_leeee Posts: 144 Member
    Options
    harriyot wrote: »
    Wow. I sound like such a heifer next to you guys! I'm 5ft8 and aiming for 12-12.5 stone. I know this still puts me in the BMI 'overweight' range but as I have a large frame and have a history of LOTS of exercise (I used to play ice hockey and have a black belt in Judo) then I don't think this is unhealthy. Also, I carry my weight all over so it doesn't look like I'm overweight (not that that's important, I'm just saying...) I suppose your goal should be what you feel comfortable with. A range rather than a single target helps too - gives you wiggle room.

I'm so glad someone else feels the way I do! :smiley: I have a relatively large frame; I was 175 when I graduated high school and looked and felt great. My first goal is 180, overall hoping to get down to 155-165. Really I just want to be stronger and healthier though.
  • pander101
    pander101 Posts: 677 Member
    Options
    5'7". Ultimately 128lbs.
  • primalsarah
    primalsarah Posts: 17 Member
    Options
    I'm 5'6 and am currently 150. I would love to maintain in the 125-130 range. Friend me if you have similar goals!
  • loratliff
    loratliff Posts: 283 Member
    Options
    145 lbs., or so. I'm about 10 pounds away. It's interesting to hear that people are wearing size 10 pants at 150/160 lbs.--I'm a size 6 at my current weight! It just goes to show you that people carry weight sooooo differently.

My ideal racing weight for running is 137 lbs., so that's floating around my head somewhere, but that will require a lot of work. :)
  • laura2813
    laura2813 Posts: 84 Member
    Options
    loratliff - I'm currently 150 and am wearing size 10 pants and large tops. My legs and arms are small but my weight is all in my core. Now all I can picture is this oval shape on a piece of paper with stick arms and legs. lol
  • pap3rw1ngs
    pap3rw1ngs Posts: 58 Member
    Options
    Around 135, depending on how I look when I get down there. The lowest I've been as an adult is 150 and I had a ways to go.
  • MezaEza
    MezaEza Posts: 267 Member
    Options
    I'm 5'7" and aiming for 147lb/10.5 stone at the moment. I might choose to lose a little more weight when I reach my target but with my frame I don't really think it would suit me.
  • mymodernbabylon
    mymodernbabylon Posts: 1,038 Member
    Options
    I'm 5'6" and I don't have a specific goal weight. I have a specific goal body fat - 25% (which is quite good at 46 yr old) and look (some good muscles). I'm currently at 28% body fat, so have a bit to go. Every time I think about a specific weight I think to the Nerdfitness Staci and realise that the scale weight means nothing really.
  • Unbreakablesoul88
    Options
    IM 5'9 my goal weight is 160 (a good 80lbs to lose) wich is my pre pregnancy weight anything lower and I look sick.
  • jwedebro
    Options
    I'm 5'6" and ~185 lbs. I was ~140 lbs before I started grad school, so about 45 lbs gained. Now that I'm not in lab, teaching, or studying for 65-75 hr weeks and I have a normal 40 hr/week or so job (and fortunately am not suffering from depression since graduating and am finding it much easier to break myself away from stress-eating when there isn't nearly as much stress!) I want to lose all or most of that. But I'm not in a hurry- if I lose 1 lb per week that's fine- and I may readjust my goal if I'm satisfied with my appearance once I reach a healthy BMI.