how many calories do i need

Options
Hey MFP Members, I'm trying to gain 0.5 a pound a week and i need help estimating the calories i should eat, my current stats are 46kg (around 100lbs) I'm 5ft 7 and 18 years old [male], I'm quiet active and try to stay on my feet, I walk atleast 18,000-22,000 (9-Miles) steps daily and go to college 3 days a week. how many calories should i try and aim for? I've been told because I'm 18 i need a lot so I'm not to sure.

Replies

• malibu927
    malibu927 Posts: 17,565 Member
    Options
    Are you working with a therapist/nutritionist? They should have the answer. Otherwise, set your profile to active and a goal to gain .5 a week and eat what it says. If after a month you aren't gaining/lose, change it.
  • Sued0nim
    Sued0nim Posts: 17,456 Member
    Options
    Yes to above,goal to 1lb a week would be 500 above maintenance and weight train ..build muscle alongside fat gain then cut

Then bulk again
  • segacs
    segacs Posts: 4,599 Member
    Options
    Also, you should post this in the weight gain forum.
  • hamoncan
    hamoncan Posts: 148 Member
    Options
    Ballpark I'd say you're probably burning around 3000 calories a day so you'd probably need between 3250-3500 to gain. The best calculator is your scale - do a weekly weigh at a consistent time with consistent conditions and adjust your intake based on the actual numbers you're seeing on your scale.