1PM and you only have 300 calories left for the day. How would you spend them?

Options
1235»

Replies

• Lounmoun
    Lounmoun Posts: 8,426 Member
    edited January 2015
    Options
    I usually have my diary all filled out for the whole day in advance. If something changed, I would eat less the rest of the day or just exercise more. It isn't that hard to burn 100 calories.
    If I was going over by 50 calories I would not think about it and just move on but going over by 500 calories would be too much. It wouldn't ruin everything but would tell me I needed to plan better and react differently in future.
    healthyeater.com/what_do_300_calorie_meals_look_like
  • higgins8283801
    higgins8283801 Posts: 844 Member
    Options
    Eat what I planned, log it and move on. One day won't set you back. Realize I'm not perfect, no one is and just go with it.

:)

Tomorrow is a new day.
  • kitsilana
    kitsilana Posts: 50 Member
    Options
    First I'd tell myself firmly not to fall into the "f***-it-this-day-is-lost-anyway" trap.
    Nothing is lost.

Second, I'd try to make healthiest-possible choices. So, nutrient rich, low fat, low sugar (for me anyway) with probably some lean proteins as that's what makes me feel full.

Next, I'd try to fit in a work-out, even if it's a brisk walk to the store to buy some chicken breasts or whatever.

Finally, give myself some credit for doing what I could to salvage the day and make the best of the situation :)
    Tomorrow's another day!
  • segacs
    segacs Posts: 4,599 Member
    Options
    kitsilana wrote: »
    First I'd tell myself firmly not to fall into the "f***-it-this-day-is-lost-anyway" trap.

Yep, that's the one. All too familiar to me. I'm borrowing this terminology.
  • overfences
    overfences Posts: 96 Member
    Options
    Huge salad w/2 hardboiled eggs + 120 cal worth of dressing, or bump up to 3 eggs and just use good vinegar.
  • AskTracyAnnK28
    AskTracyAnnK28 Posts: 2,834 Member
    Options
    I'd eat something high in protein (eggs, fish) maybe steam some broccoli or spinach. And I'd stay as far away as possible from the kitchen for the rest of the night.
  • TimothyFish
    TimothyFish Posts: 4,925 Member
    Options
    That was me at noon. I went for a two hour bike ride and now that's not me anymore.
  • tmauck4472
    tmauck4472 Posts: 1,783 Member
    Options
    Go for a light dinner and if your over no biggie. Try not to stress over it. Just eat and move on to tomorrow. Good luck.
  • 999tigger
    999tigger Posts: 5,235 Member
    Options
    I'm with the ones who would go and workout or if not possible then id just go over. Hunger isnt in my plan. I'd look at why it happened and then readjust calories.
  • 4eversweet2
    4eversweet2 Posts: 2 Member
    Options
    Turkey burger and raw vegetables. Lots of water!
  • cwolfman13
    cwolfman13 Posts: 41,876 Member
    Options
    1 - I would eat my normal dinner and allow myself to go over and chalk it up to a learning experience and a need to plan better in the future.

2- I'd go get on my bike and ride my *kitten* off for an hour or so and bump that number up by 500 calories or so.
  • Liftng4Lis
    Liftng4Lis Posts: 15,150 Member
    Options
    First, I'd make sure that didn't happen again, by pre-logging my day. Secondly, I'd get myself moving to earn extra calories. Grilled chicken breast 4 oz 130-140. mixed veggies 50...the other 110, you need to eat some chocolate.
  • poohpoohpeapod
    poohpoohpeapod Posts: 776 Member
    Options
    1 egg scrambled with 3 servings egg whites (9 tablespoons). 1 toast medium orange. OR 2 containers Fage greek yogurt and 1 serving frozen berries mixed in. This would be 39 gr protein.
  • april92377
    april92377 Posts: 169 Member
    Options
    Time to put on those running shoes, or maybe head over to the gym for a bit. At the very least I'd walk a few miles.
  • changefulal
    changefulal Posts: 19 Member
    Options
    I go and try to burn it off by doing some elliptical or treadmill exercises whenever I go over.
  • brenn24179
    brenn24179 Posts: 2,144 Member
    Options
    grilled cheese and navy beans or pintos or bacon ranch salad from mcdonalds or quick frozen lean cruisine meal and pc of 40 cal bread
  • johnnylakis
    johnnylakis Posts: 812 Member
    Options
    I would go to the gym and earn 300 more calories from exercise!
  • Zinka61
    Zinka61 Posts: 523 Member
    Options
    That was me early this afternoon, too. I walked at 4mph for an hour and am drinking water, reading this thread and mulling my options now that I have more calories to use. I'm thinking beans mixed with greens with salt and pepper. Whatever it is, I don't want to spend more than about 5 minutes cooking it.
  • runawayescape
    runawayescape Posts: 58 Member
    Options
    When I eat a large meal for lunch, for tea I have soup, it's filling and low in calories.