Cowboy Boots on a Yankee?

Options
2»

Replies

• WranglerMichelle
    WranglerMichelle Posts: 529 Member
    Options
    Go for it, cowgirl!! You can never have too many boots. Just too little closet space!
  • FarmallMom71
    FarmallMom71 Posts: 49 Member
    Options
    ALL the best cowgirl/cowboy boots are the ones caked in mud and well broke in... but, if the boots fit then wear them! Cowgirl up!
  • astrose00
    astrose00 Posts: 754 Member
    Options
    Okay, I ordered a pair of Dan Post boots (Bluebird style) from Amazon. I will get them next week. Can't wait!!!
  • blueeyesgrace
    blueeyesgrace Posts: 407 Member
    Options
    As the song goes - Country is country wide... You can rock the country look anywhere these days :)

I have two pair - a rubber sole pair for work boots, and a leather sole for line dancing and fashion. I love them both equally for different reasons. The rubber sole seem more sturdy - they are Double H's, and the leather is thicker for more durability. My leather sole are Twisted X and are a softer leather. They broke in way easier than the Double H.

I love my boots and wear them anytime I can. I wish work would let me wear them, but I have a feeling I would get a few funny looks wearing boots and scrubs together...
  • blueeyesgrace
    blueeyesgrace Posts: 407 Member
    Options
    ALL the best cowgirl/cowboy boots are the ones caked in mud and well broke in... but, if the boots fit then wear them! Cowgirl up!

I totally agree! You don't have a true pair of boots until they've been through the mud and pastures...
  • Lalalindaloo
    Lalalindaloo Posts: 204 Member
    edited January 2015
    Options
    1wvlfkfulthr.jpg
    I have a pair of Ariats. These are the closest I could find, but mine don't have all the fancy swirls on the shaft, just a slightly different leather color. Love them. I can wear them with just about anything.

I wear them to work, I wear them to ride, I wear them out...

As already said, cowgirl up!
  • MoiAussi93
    MoiAussi93 Posts: 1,948 Member
    Options
    I have two pairs, Justins and Noconas, that I have had over 15 years. I wear the Justins more and they have been resoled a couple of times, but still look great. Mine were not custom made, but I went to a place that specialized in cowboy boots and they were very helpful. They did take a while to break in, but once they were broken in they were super comfortable and still are.

I'm going to try that duct tape advice from above...I know mine aren't great when it's slippery out!
  • KANGOOJUMPS
    KANGOOJUMPS Posts: 6,472 Member
    Options
    HELL YEAH! GIDDY UP.
  • tracie999
    tracie999 Posts: 84 Member
    Options
    I'm from the UK but on a posting to the USA for a few years. I can't help it but i love cowboy boots and have 10 pairs black, brown, red and Turquoise every time i go texas or arizona i come back with some.
  • wolf2000
    wolf2000 Posts: 18 Member
    Options
    I wear them every day, I have several pairs of Tony Lama's.
  • Hadley_SM
    Hadley_SM Posts: 43 Member
    Options
    I just got a pair of Ariats last fall, that are amazing!!! And just for reference I live in Minnesota, no where near horses or a farm, etc! I just like country stuff! :)
  • sweetdixie92
    sweetdixie92 Posts: 655 Member
    Options
    I own horses, do rodeo, and cowboy boots are my *go-out-on-the-town* footwear of choice. Unless I feel like really dressing up. Did I mention I'm a Yankee?

It's not about location.
  • astrose00
    astrose00 Posts: 754 Member
    Options
    Now I'm looking online at some Old Gringos. Gorgeous!!! I will wear my Dan Posts for a while and then look for something else really special and unique. I have a feeling I am going to be wearing my cowboy boots everywhere, including to bed!!!

Thanks all for your insights and advice.