Binge Days

Options
Hey everyone!

Just a quick question! Currently bulking for the first time ever, and today I got a little carried away with the eating. My goal is to only have a 300-500 calorie surplus everyday, but today I overshot that by about 3,000 calories. (Whoops. My bad.) My question is if I'm looking to gain minimal fat (I'm assuming this is everyone's goal?) should I go back to maintenance for a few days, continue on like today never happened eating at my perscribed surplus, or should I drop into a deficit for a few days? Or am I completely overanalyzing this whole situation?

Thanks again! Y'all rock.

Replies

• bakingforlife
    bakingforlife Posts: 132 Member
    Options
    perscribed surplus ,
  • ryanhorn
    ryanhorn Posts: 355 Member
    Options
    MrM27 wrote: »
    Didn't you ask this question a few days ago?

Either way, just go back to what you were doing. Today is over, move on.

I asked about working sweets into your macros about a month ago unknowingly creating that huge thread that refused to die.

Thanks for your help man! I appreciate it!

• ndj1979
    ndj1979 Posts: 29,139 Member
    Options
    log it, own it, and move on, and keep eating to your daily goal ….
  • ndj1979
    ndj1979 Posts: 29,139 Member
    Options
    if you feel like you start gaining too fast - then back off calories 50 to 100 per day ..but for now, full steam ahead...
  • 3laine75
    3laine75 Posts: 3,070 Member
    Options
    Another vote for forgetting about it and carrying on :)
  • Wheelhouse15
    Wheelhouse15 Posts: 5,575 Member
    Options
    Pretty much as above, you have three options: move on like it didn't happen and don't adjust, drop some calories for a few days (control days) so that your weekly total is about where you want it, or a mini-cut. Mini-cut isn't going to be something you should worry about for only 3000 cals since it's only an extra pound, but you could drop your calories for a few days by 100 so that you still maintain a slight surplus.