Have not lost a lb in over a week

Options
13»

Replies

• MrsKila
    MrsKila Posts: 320 Member
    Options
    ktekc wrote: »
    I always gain about 3-5 lbs about 2 days before i start my period and by the last day it is all gone.

the frustrating part was that I had ended my time of the month a couple of days before this Hault in my weight loss even started
  • ninerbuff
    ninerbuff Posts: 48,708 Member
    Options
    Weight loss is not linear. One could do the same exact thing week to week and all results will differ one way or another.

A.C.E. Certified Personal and Group Fitness Trainer
    IDEA Fitness member
    Kickboxing Certified Instructor
    Been in fitness for 30 years and have studied kinesiology and nutrition

9285851.png
  • CoachK17
    CoachK17 Posts: 268 Member
    Options
    You are replacing fat with muscle mass. If you are working out a lot, it's natural for you to gain GOOD weight. Stay off the scale and judge your progress by how your clothes fit.
  • arditarose
    arditarose Posts: 15,573 Member
    Options
    CoachK17 wrote: »
    You are replacing fat with muscle mass. If you are working out a lot, it's natural for you to gain GOOD weight. Stay off the scale and judge your progress by how your clothes fit.

No
  • MrsKila
    Options
    joeporta wrote: »
    Do you drink?

No. No alcohol
  • MrsKila
    Options
    CoachK17 wrote: »

my pants to fit looser. But I am still confused about the muscle mass thing. Some people say you are gaining muscle mess some people say you cannot gain muscle mass if you decrease your calories I'm not sure what to believe at this point I need to do some research.
  • 999tigger
    999tigger Posts: 5,235 Member
    Options
    Maybe just get some perspective and have realistic expectations. As pointed out it isnt linear. You fluctuate naturally by up to 4lbs a day. I wouldnt become interested unless is 3+ weeks that there had been no movement but it depends on the deficit you think you are running. Most people regard a serious stall at 6+ weeks and no movement.

Ardita gave you loads of good sensible advice.
  • cecily0112
    cecily0112 Posts: 8 Member
    edited January 2015
    Options
    Well I weighed last week and had gained almost 2lbs I was so upset but it was what it was, I had pushed harder in the gym and everything. 3 days later my monthly friend came and I understood. I went to the gym 2 instead of 3 days but, I did a lot of walking I hit my fitbit 10,000 steps 3 days straight. My monthly friend ended and I re-weighed good news is I didn't gain any weight bad news I didn't lose either. However weight is a secondary goal for me. I want to be healthy and I want my clothes to fit a certain way. I have had to buy smaller clothes for work and play 3 times in the last year, that has never happen until now and I'm almost due a new shopping trip. Although I love it this losing weight Stuff it can wreak havoc on the wallet but how mad can you get at buying smaller clothes. (I'll get over it) I do lift weights, not real heavy, some parts of my body need different attention then others, I'm not bulking, I'm firming since I'm trying to lose body mass(fat). The scale for me is just to see what else is happening. I have energy to spare, my food is no where near perfect but better then it used to be and I'm getting better with it, health wise all my number are good ie, cholesterol, sugar etc... Damn that scale, when your not thinking about that scale and your just working out and your sweating and you feel good and you just surprised yourself again with what your body can do, how do you feel? Get addicted to that feeling, go for that feeling, focus on feeling your best and pushing yourself the rest of it will fall into place.
  • KatySW658
    Options
    jimmy0911 wrote: »
    Hello. I've been eating my goal calories, salads and low cars for 21 days straight today. I work out 4 to 5 times a week and I have not lost 1 lb this week. I've been working so hard to stay focused. But when the scale doesn't move I get discouraged like I'm waisting my time

Hi, I know that feeling. In the first week of trying this out, I lost 4lb, in like 1 week I have put 2lb back on and felt crap. Iv read a lot of these discussions and it helps knowing that others are going through the same thing but also knowing they have kept at it and lost the weight.

I spent yesterday feeling sorry for myself and today went for a long walk in the cold and spent an hour preparing food for next week. Keep going and try to also look at your other measurements...like waist and hip measurements, you might have lots inches rather than lbs!
    Xxx
  • sheldonklein
    sheldonklein Posts: 854 Member
    Options
    Weight loss is not linear, Exhibit A: My weight changes for the past 10 days -- +2, -1.6, -.5, -1.2, +.7, -.2, +1.2, -.2, 0, -1.6. There is no change in my CICO that explains any of it. You can't sweat short term noise.
  • malika67
    malika67 Posts: 1 Member
    Options
    This blog is so encouraging. I'm trying not to beat myself up for gaining 3pounds...but it's tough as I don't know how that is possible. I am 10 pounds from my goal...and I'm out of sorts. I was sick recently...on steroids...and have recently been diagnosed with asthma. I eat about 1200 calories...but consumed quite a few vodka tonics this weekend.....Any thoughts...
  • AttyVette
    AttyVette Posts: 6 Member
    Options
    Hello. I've been eating my goal calories, salads and low cars for 21 days straight today. I work out 4 to 5 times a week and I have not lost 1 lb this week. I've been working so hard to stay focused. But when the scale doesn't move I get discouraged like I'm waisting my time

That happens.. keep on track as watching the scale can be discouraging -- you are in it to win it concerning your weight loss goals
  • Ellaskat
    Ellaskat Posts: 386 Member
    Options
    You are right. But when you have about 25lbs to loose results keep you going. I decided that I'm not gonna give up. That was decided when I started. Just wandering how people get through these stages. Mathematically speaking I should at least loose a lb. A week. Just venting right now
    I take lots of measurements in addition to weight; waist, hips, each thigh, calves, biceps, chest and underboobs. I usually notice on weeks when I haven't dropped weight, it's likely I've lost inches. Lost inches usually means muscle gain. Maybe if you start tracking this too you'll see some tangible results, even if the scale doesn't move.