Goal outfits

Options
2»

Replies

• _L_A_
    _L_A_ Posts: 170 Member
    Options
    arditarose wrote: »
    Ah okay, you look great now! Too bad the dress was sold out...maybe it's a sign!

I didn't even notice the compliment! Thank you very much! You look great too, you have a lovely tummy! I hope mine looks like that when I'm at goal!

And yep, you'd be size 8/10 over here, although looking at you I would've said a size 10 would definitely be too big for you! So you're probably more of a UK size 8 (US4) and the occasional 6 (US2) really! (add 4 onto US sizes to get UK sizes)

Ooo I'd love a new bikini! Got a couple of new ones the year before last though that weren't cheap so don't really want to spend more on bikinis! I've always worn bikinis even when I was bigger, although I would try hide my tummy with anything I could!

I'm not hanging on to my too big clothes, so that if my new wardrobe starts getting tight I don't just start wearing my old wardrobe, I have to sit up and listen to my body and get back in control or I'll have nothing to wear!
  • _L_A_
    Options
    Anyone got any photos of their goal outfit? Or a dream clothing item that they want to buy as soon as they reach goal? Would love to see what everyone's tastes are, and maybe get some ideas for my own goal clothing piece :p
  • sizesixorbust
    sizesixorbust Posts: 114 Member
    Options
    when i had gained a little bit above my lowest after reaching it, i bought a few pair of pants in that size (10) thinking i'd lose weight to get back down into them since i only fell off track for a bit. here i am a year and a half later, in a size 14 -.- these pants are still in my drawers with the tags on! i won't even need to go shopping when i lose weight haha
  • elansc
    elansc Posts: 24 Member
    Options
    I find that having a goal outfit (or two) works for me. I try it on every couple of weeks and the change in the fit is very motivating! I have found that I need to lose 12-15 pounds for every size (everyone must be different) so once I have lost 4-5 pounds I can start to see a difference. Size 12 was my original goal size (there now) and I am working on size 10 right now. I also buy things at 2nd hand stores or on sale -- I have been surprise at all the great stuff you can buy in the small sizes (nothing this cool in size 20!). I managed to find the $250 designer jeans at a store closing sale for $20
  • KindaSortaKaty
    KindaSortaKaty Posts: 83 Member
    Options
    I want to wear a corruptor outfit similar to this one in August for the State Fair in my state. I am the first person in my graduation class (2009) to have a baby, and we all get together at the fair, last year i was 40 WEEKS Pregnant, and did NOT look good. This year I want to be the hottest mom they've ever seen

http://trend-kid.com/crop-top-with-skirt.htm
  • Belle5880
    Options
    I have a wedding in August I was invited to. I bought my dress of course 4 sizes smaller so I have a goal.
  • RebelDiamond
    RebelDiamond Posts: 188 Member
    Options
    I have inadvertently has "skinny" clothes in my closet which i ended up fitting into/had gotten too big for me, BUT i don't think buying goal clothes is a great idea, here's why...

When you lose weight your body will change shape, (unless you've been that weight before and you know from experience) it's almost impossible to know how clothes will look on you after... so the item might "fit" but it might not look right/suit your body.

Reward yourself with nice clothes that fit your body well.
  • MarziPanda95
    MarziPanda95 Posts: 1,326 Member
    Options
    I have a purple tartan skirt that I bought when I was about 15, it's size UK 12, and it didn't fit. I've kept it all this time (I'm now 19) and I am hoping to finally fit into it! There's also a really nice corset from Amazon that I want - plus, I can wear it over my size 16 (UK) dresses to bring in the waist and won't have to throw them away! Result!
    I'm also a cosplayer and I really want to buy myself a new cosplay once I'm at goal weight, but I don't know what I'll look like and who I'll suit... plus I don't watch any anime with fanservice, yet at the same time I want to cosplay someone I can show off my new figure as... gahh.
  • kittycatsinunderpants
    Options
    I don't have an ultimate goal outfit, but I DO buy my work out clothes a little snug. Wearing yoga pants that stretch a little too tight over my thighs keeps me conscious of them while I'm working out so I push harder!
  • ChronicOptimist
    ChronicOptimist Posts: 558 Member
    Options
    I fell in love with a dress from the Prabal Gurung line for Target (pictured below) when it came out a while ago. When I went to buy it, they only had one dress left, a size 10. At that point I was a size 20/22 but I swore that I would one day wear that dress! I'm now a size 14/16. Not there yet, but I'm coming for it!

vsf3r7f69a7d.png
  • Eleanor_82
    Eleanor_82 Posts: 57 Member
    Options
    I have three goal dresses in UK size 12 hanging up outside my wardrobe and an optimistic plan to fit into at least one of them for a friend's birthday at the end of January. Technically they do fit, but it'd be nice to be able to breathe at the same time ;)
  • Beanogirl
    Beanogirl Posts: 97 Member
    Options
    I have a picture of a model in a fabulous outfit which I would love to wear downloaded on my pc at work. I click on it when I am dying for a biscuit!
  • arditarose
    arditarose Posts: 15,575 Member
    edited January 2015
    Options
    I fell in love with a dress from the Prabal Gurung line for Target (pictured below) when it came out a while ago. When I went to buy it, they only had one dress left, a size 10. At that point I was a size 20/22 but I swore that I would one day wear that dress! I'm now a size 14/16. Not there yet, but I'm coming for it!

vsf3r7f69a7d.png

This dress is so sweet. You WILL wear it, and if you can't find it, you'll find one just as cute somewhere.
  • arditarose
    arditarose Posts: 15,575 Member
    Options
    I fit into things I want to wear, but I think I'd like to look good in a string bikini bottom.
  • _L_A_
    Options
    I have inadvertently has "skinny" clothes in my closet which i ended up fitting into/had gotten too big for me, BUT i don't think buying goal clothes is a great idea, here's why...

When you lose weight your body will change shape, (unless you've been that weight before and you know from experience) it's almost impossible to know how clothes will look on you after... so the item might "fit" but it might not look right/suit your body.

Reward yourself with nice clothes that fit your body well.

This is one of the reasons I worry about doing it... but then there are some styles that suit almost all shapes so are safe, and I'm one of the lucky people who gain all over and lose all over (lucky in that i carry my extra weight well, although unlucky that it takes longer for me to notice weight loss because its so gradual from everywhere!) so my proportions are unlikely to change!

vsf3r7f69a7d.png

Such a cute dress :heart:

I've still not bought anything as a goal outfit! I do have a pair of shorts which I had in a UK12 which were getting too big on me, so I bought the UK10 and they were tiny! I measured them against my size 12s and there were two clothing sizes between them and the shorts were in fact a UK8 in measurement! So I'd love to get into them, they are teeny though!