Question about women losing fat/building muscle

Options

Replies

• iceycoldhot
    iceycoldhot Posts: 72 Member
    Options
    So, go up to one of these overweight, non-jiggling women and ask them. I have yet to come accross anyone like that in my 46 years...

I didn't say overweight, I said thick.

• madrose0715
    madrose0715 Posts: 463 Member
    Options
    The women you have shown images of would likely have BMI's in the overweight categories. There is a really cool image on the internet of shapely women with different body fat ranges from athletic all the way to morbidly obese - several of the overweight/obese models look just like the ones you have linked. I think this is a matter of your perception of things...
  • bingfit221
    bingfit221 Posts: 105 Member
    Options
    Maybe it's just me but the first girl didn't look toned that you posted.

Idk. Everyone's bodies are different. Genetics plays a huge roll as well as the elasticity of skin.
  • tomatoey
    tomatoey Posts: 5,459 Member
    Options
    I think she means "smooth"
  • madrose0715
    Options
    yup - just looked at those links of yours again. Those women are in fact, medically overweight. Just because someone is overweight doesn't mean they can't look freakin hot.
  • iceycoldhot
    Options
    yup - just looked at those links of yours again. Those women are in fact, medically overweight. Just because someone is overweight doesn't mean they can't look freakin hot.

If these women are considered overweight, then I can safely say BMI is complete *kitten* and needs to get thrown out.
  • madrose0715
    Options

If these women are considered overweight, then I can safely say BMI is complete *kitten* and needs to get thrown out.

many people feel that way...
  • iceycoldhot
    Options

many people feel that way...

It's why I stopped looking at a scale. I have only looked at my weight once in the past 6 months or so. I am totally over numbers.
  • jemhh
    jemhh Posts: 14,261 Member
    Options
    I keep going back to the first one and yes she is definitely overweight. The dim light just works in her favor. Millions of people all over the world dim the lights in order to look better naked or nearly naked.
  • madrose0715
    Options
    jemhh wrote: »
    I keep going back to the first one and yes she is definitely overweight. The dim light just works in her favor. Millions of people all over the world dim the lights in order to look better naked or nearly naked.

her hands are also strategically placed...I know all the little tricks, lol
  • JoRocka
    JoRocka Posts: 17,525 Member
    Options

yep.

I was going to say pretty much the same thing.

Unquestionably hey are medically over weight. hell- people think I'm over weight- but I'm just carrying some decent size and years of muscle.

all a matter of ratios
    Now I am 5'4 around 135 pounds. Yes I lift weight and heavy weights at that. I am not at my ideal weight yet, but when I asked how come I still jiggle despite heavy weight lifting...I was told it was because I did not lose enough fat to see the muscle and look "toned". But I have seen women with plenty of fat on them who look toned and they are thicker than I am.

It's like a lot of full figured models (not ALL of them but plenty of them). They are full figured yet they look great in bikini's, and they walk down a runway not jiggling or anything, in lingerie. People keep bringing up age but I have seen plenty of young people who look jiggly and sloppy. That's all I was getting at.

so what's your question- what's the deal? what the aim of your comments?? I laid out the various extremes you could have. What other information do you need?
  • madrose0715
    edited January 2015
    Options
    EWJLang wrote: »
    madrose0715 -- I'm your age and you look fabulous...your arms in the after pic especially show your work!

Thanks...this has been a long work in progress...started at 245lbs and working my way to 135. I have always been curvy however, I have lost all my butt and my boobs, haha. Oh well. I am strong and have never been healthier!
  • iceycoldhot
    edited January 2015
    Options

so what's your question- what's the deal? what the aim of your comments?? I laid out the various extremes you could have. What other information do you need?

Other opinions would be nice. I came here to get peoples opinions on this subject.
  • HeySwoleSister
    HeySwoleSister Posts: 1,938 Member
    Options
    I suspect she might be sucking a tummy in a wee bit, too. Which I try to do always at all times, but always forget, LOL.

• madrose0715
    Options

Other opinions would be nice. I came here to get peoples opinions on this subject.

Is there a particular opinion you are hoping to hear?
  • iceycoldhot
    Options

No, not really. I have just always been curious about this subject. I have seen thin people who have cellulite and jiggle and look sloppy. I have seen thicker people who are technically "overweight" who look firm. I have always wondered why since it goes against a lot of what I was told about fitness.
  • HeySwoleSister
    HeySwoleSister Posts: 1,938 Member
    edited January 2015
    Options

My opinion is that you are buying in to an airbrushed myth about women's bodies. The smooth, unblemished skin tightly covering a perfectly proportioned and substantial hourglass figure....

That was achieved through lots and lots of skilled corsetry. Male painters may have painted women idealized, as though they had their corseted figures without corsets, but the fact is, fat jiggles. It's what it does. Heck, I remember when that was considered titillating, when women in silly movies and TV shows would jump up and down just to flash a little jiggle for the male gaze.

The "hardbody" ideal for women is still relatively new...and the whole "defined abs" craze is really in its infancy. (Gather 'round, children, and learn of a day when even men didn't strive for "abs," when the teens in the weight room wanted shoulders and pecs and didn't GAF about their tummies....)

You just seem really conflicted about body types, and reluctant to either embrace yourself as you are or as a work in progress. Don't try to be an idealized thing that doesn't exist. That way lies madness.
  • madrose0715
    edited January 2015
    Options

No, not really. I have just always been curious about this subject. I have seen thin people who have cellulite and jiggle and look sloppy. I have seen thicker people who are technically "overweight" who look firm. I have always wondered why since it goes against a lot of what I was told about fitness.

How someone looks to you and what is reality is two different things. I don't know how else to convince you of this fact - if there is a significant layer of fat - there is a jiggle. You do not seem to want to accept that fact and in the end, you are not doing yourself any favours by living in denial.

Many women know tricks to minimize jiggle in real life. They will walk a certain way, sit a certain way, avoid certain kinds of clothing, etc...In photos, there is lighting, poses, photo editing software, clothing selections, makeup, etc...

I PROMISE you, if you went up to one of these 'thick' women as you called them and asked them to get on all fours and shake their booties - you will see fat jiggle. If you ask these 'thick' women to bare themselves naked under bathroom lighting and without photo editing, you will see cellulite.

At the end of the day, what I take from your commentary is that you have some personal issues around modern day body types and what is in fact considered overweight today. If you are looking to reduce your jiggle, you must reduce your body fat. It is not a complicated process. I think your real question is do you WANT to lose body fat?
  • tomatoey
    tomatoey Posts: 5,459 Member
    Options
    Sorry, have you guys never seen what OP is talking about? There definitely are people who are overweight and even obese who look smooth and firm. They might jiggle, but they don't necessarily have e.g. lumpy looking skin. It's not something anyone can do anything about if they're not already gifted with that skin (because genetics), but it's not like it doesn't exist
  • jemhh
    jemhh Posts: 14,261 Member
    Options
    OP wrote:
    Well, when I say "toned" I do not mean seeing muscle definition or anything. I just mean "not jiggly"!

She specified no jiggle, not just smooth skin/lack of dimpled skin.