Looking for calorie free meals!!!!

Options
Kimgrey94
Kimgrey94 Posts: 10 Member
anyone know any yummy calorie free meals???

Replies

• xsnookumsx
    Options
    Hate to say it but think only zero calorie things are diet pops, water, maybe some salad but not sure about that as hate the stuff, but I don't honestly know of any solid foods that have zero calories.
  • ForBaacon
    ForBaacon Posts: 32 Member
    Options
    Air? I really don't think there's a lot of calorie free foods unless, as Snookums said, you want a diet of diet soda and water.

Although, you burn more calories eatin celery than the calories it actually contains but I don't think a diet of just celery is very healthy.
  • alisupercali
    alisupercali Posts: 17 Member
    Options
    http://www.healthbeckon.com/zero-calorie-foods/ these are more "really low calorie" foods than "zero calorie", but I hope it's helpful!
  • sijomial
    sijomial Posts: 19,811 Member
    Options
    Nope!
    From your profile - "So this is my THIRD time trying for this!!"

Maybe that's a sign you should be looking for long term sustainability rather than a quick fix? A reasonable and appropriate calorie deficit for as long as it takes might just work....
  • kommodevaran
    kommodevaran Posts: 17,890 Member
    Options
    Dust.

Really.

Listen to sijomial.
  • Sweets1954
    Sweets1954 Posts: 506 Member
    Options
    No such thing as "calorie free" food. Water or chemical laden diet soda.
  • acparrillo
    acparrillo Posts: 7 Member
    Options
    Sijomial is correct. You many lose pounds starving yourself, but you will be losing muscle mass, not all fat. By doing that you set yourself up for failure later. Not only will you gain the weight back, but you will make your body more frail and when you get older you will have many more issues than if you try to eat healthy rather than starve your body.

Think of food as fuel for your body. Your car doesn't get far without gas, right? Feed your body what it needs.
  • giantrobot_powerlifting
    Options
    Death looks good on no one.
  • gamesandgains
    gamesandgains Posts: 640 Member
    Options
    Try some delicious air with a side of dirt toppings and a water to wash it down.
  • williams969
    williams969 Posts: 2,528 Member
    Options
    Diet Coke and cigarettes? (PLEASE, don't do this, people).

No such thing as calorie free foods. Meals are fuel for our bodies, and fuel necessarily has calories. Eat sensibly.
  • candacefausset
    candacefausset Posts: 297 Member
    Options
    Water. The word you are looking for is water.

But seriously no food is calorie free. Sugar substitutes and diet beverages don't count as food.
  • evettejo
    evettejo Posts: 3 Member
    Options
    I mean honestly this isn't the way to go, but a great calorie free snack is celery.
  • gamesandgains
    gamesandgains Posts: 640 Member
    Options
    Try some delicious air with a side of dirt toppings and a water to wash it down.

Apparently dirt has some trace of calories, so... skip the dirt and double up on the air.
  • Badger_Girl99
    Badger_Girl99 Posts: 2,220 Member
    Options
    Sweetie, you need calories. Make good choices...fruits, veggies, whole grains. I'm not food/nutrition expert, but you need to fuel the body, not deny it anything.
  • bingfit221
    bingfit221 Posts: 105 Member
    edited January 2015
    Options
    Kimgrey94 wrote: »
    anyone know any yummy calorie free meals???

WATER! Haha.
  • chubby_checkers
    chubby_checkers Posts: 2,353 Member
    Options
    evettejo wrote: »
    I mean honestly this isn't the way to go, but a great calorie free snack is celery.

Celery has calories.
  • cwolfman13
    cwolfman13 Posts: 41,874 Member
    edited January 2015
    Options
    Ummm...there are no calorie free meals. Also, you need calories...calories are energy...you just have to eat fewer calories than your body requires to lose weight...eating no calories is a really bad idea.
  • bingfit221
    bingfit221 Posts: 105 Member
    Options
    Definition of calorie (n)

cal·o·rie
    [ kálləree ]

1.unit of energy: a unit of energy equal to 4.1855 joules, originally defined as the quantity of heat required to raise the temperature of 1 g of pure water by 1º C.
    2.larger unit of energy: a unit of energy equal to the heat required to raise the temperature of 1 kg of pure water by 1º C
    3.unit of food energy: a unit of energy-producing potential in food, equal to one large calorie.

This is why you don't want to eat 0 calorie food.
  • KarenJanine
    KarenJanine Posts: 3,497 Member
    Options
    No.

A meal by definition is food. Food by definition has nutritional value. Calorie-free does not a meal make.
  • LissomeLori
    LissomeLori Posts: 3 Member
    Options
    Do you mean Zero Points? I don't know - I don't do Weight Watchers....
    Or do you mean food that takes more energy to digest than calories ingested? Celery? Bran?