Anyone over 30 with no kids and not married

Options

Replies

• LumberJacck
    LumberJacck Posts: 559 Member
    Options
    I'm 50, no children (vasectomised) and never married. I pretty much have given up on the idea of getting married, which is kind of sad, but realistic. From now on it's serial monogamy.
  • matt_evans
    matt_evans Posts: 22 Member
    Options
    Married the wrong one which didn't last, got no kids and still looking for the one who I can spend the rest of my life with. Maybe now I love myself a bit more I can find the one who I can love the same.
  • terar21
    terar21 Posts: 523 Member
    Options
    Definitely me. The only annoying thing about it is at work everyone has kids and is married and it's all they ever talk about. I literally have nothing to add to their conversations and they have nothing to add to mine.

I might be a little bitter because as "the one with no kids," I'm always required to stay late or come in early if someone's kids has a baseball game or doctor's appointment. I have one coworker I know is just making crap up.

No one ever looks at me weird though about not having kids or even being close to having them. They just kinda expect me to listen to random stories about their kids 24/7.
  • Rhea_L
    Rhea_L Posts: 25 Member
    Options
    35 soon to be 36. Not married and no kids. No desire for kids (thank god for siblings who've got this covered for my parents). Would like to eventually be in a committed relationship but I'll survive if it's not meant to be :wink:
  • Frequently_Fabulous
    Frequently_Fabulous Posts: 132 Member
    edited January 2015
    Options
    27, never married, no kids, happy putting myself #1 and focusing on Me Me Me.

But married people don't like to hear that, so I just say, "not yet!" when they people ask if I'm married or have kids. Which is often, lol. I'm a grad student and I switch to different departments every few weeks. That is always one of the first things people ask about when you try for small talk.

I've found out the hard way that honesty is a conversation killer, so I just turn it around and ask them when did they meet their husband or what are their kids up to.

I used to be offended when people offered me tips and tricks to "catch" a husband, but I realize they're usually well meaning and just trying to make conversation. I found it works well to say I just got out of a serious long-term relationship (which is a bit of a stretch, but they don't know that) and suddenly they turn into cheerleaders for my independence. "Oh, good for you. Enjoy being single. In fact, before I met my husband..." :)

Clearly I have found my people in this thread. Bless. :D:D:D
  • needernt
    needernt Posts: 675 Member
    edited January 2015
    Options
    30 and not married and no girlfriend. I am not unhappy. :)
    It is odd that people before relationship daydream about a love but soon after they get into one they take pity for single days.
  • melaniefave41
    melaniefave41 Posts: 222 Member
    Options
    32 and more than happy living life with just my beagle. I'm not opposed to being in a relationship, but I'm also not looking.
  • dln1975
    dln1975 Posts: 62 Member
    Options
    Just turned the big 4-0 (today actually), not married, no kids, currently single. I've never felt pressured to have kids and honestly I think my biological clock must be broken because I've never had a desire to have kids. The last long-term relationship I was in was great - neither of us wanted kids and we just had lots of fun, traveling, etc. Obviously, it didn't last and that's okay. I wouldn't have changed a thing! I have a mixture of friends, some are married, some are single, some have kids, some have no kids. I get my dose of kids from nieces, nephews, godchildren, etc., which is perfect as I can give them back to their parents at the end of the day or the end of the weekend! Ha ha! I have thought at times that there must be something wrong with me, that I'm odd or like the OP mentioned "socially awkward" or that I just hadn't met the right guy or what have you, but I am honestly happy with my life at this point in time! I highly doubt kids are in the cards for me and that's okay. As for a relationship, I am not actively looking as I'm trying to work on bettering myself right now (which is why I joined MFP), but if it did happen that's okay too! I really do love being independent, though, being able to take a trip at the drop of a hat, go to the store at 2 a.m. if I wanted to, etc. I have run across people (mostly older relatives of mine) who seem to think our only purpose in life is to "reproduce," but depending on my mood they either get an earful or they just flat-out get ignored!!
  • needernt
    Options
    I found the urge to marriage in women higher than men generally.
  • gogojodee
    gogojodee Posts: 1,261 Member
    Options
    I fit those criteria.
  • the_alexorcist
    the_alexorcist Posts: 71 Member
    Options
    34 in July, no kids, not married. Was engaged but not anymore....
    Not really bothered about kids, there's too many of us on the planet as it is :p
  • Blind_Pilot
    Blind_Pilot Posts: 64 Member
    Options
    i've just turned 30, been with my boyfriend for over 8 yrs, he has two kids of his own, who i consider my step children. and i have no intention of marrying him or having kids of my own, i'm perfectly happy with the way things are.. but all i get off some friends is demands on when i'm going to have my own baby, and odd looks when i say i'm fine with my situation... kind of annoying after awhile!!
  • Delilahhhhhh
    Delilahhhhhh Posts: 477 Member
    Options
    The two greatest decisions of my life, not wanting to have children and not wanting to get married. There has been no significant other in my life for well over 20 yrs and my life is blissfully happy, don't get me wrong I adore the companionship of men and my many interactions with them have been fun, exciting, exhilarating and hot and that is just how it should be,for me anyway.
  • needernt
    Options
    Some people just detest the opposite sex or they pretend so.
  • 47Jacqueline
    47Jacqueline Posts: 6,993 Member
    Options
    67 - never had or wanted kids. Had and having a fantastic life. Been married, had long term relationships, changed careers, didn't stay in a job I hated, traveled...

Became a personal trainer and Zumba instructor last year and made a ton of new friends. Have a cute great niece who's two, whom I'm hoping to be a bad influence on. B)
  • iceey
    iceey Posts: 354 Member
    Options
    Good topic. I'm 42, not married, no kids. I don't get pressured to have kids anymore from my mom (she's given up).

I do find it hard to relate to others with kids and I have lost many friends over a lack of common interests. I am not a huge kid fan, so I tend to try to avoid them if possible. But there are days when I regret that I didn't have kids, but most of the time, I'm glad I didn't. Have a lot more freedom, but there are times I feel very alone and realize I might die alone without family. A bit scary.
  • MommysLittleMeatball
    MommysLittleMeatball Posts: 2,064 Member
    Options
    28. No kids. No desire (now/near future). Married (6 years in April). We never had a ceremony/reception, so, most people view it like a 6 year engagement. Court house was good enough for us. I constantly get asked 1.) When I'm having my wedding/why didn't I have one yet. 2.) When am I having kids. The kids question. All. The. Time. I can't roll my eyes any harder at this question.

Married/not married. Kids/no kids. There's no set time. Live your life. Things will happened when they're supposed to.
  • lisalips30
    lisalips30 Posts: 1,519 Member
    Options
    no kids, no marriage, but trust me i get told a lot about having kids ,at least just 1 and blah blah blah,, not yet sorry
  • tabata_king
    Options
    Me
  • cristina4970
    cristina4970 Posts: 384 Member
    Options
    35. not married and no kids. For some reason there are people who can't seem to accept that not everyone wants what they have. I do get asked often about when I'm getting married and having kids. Don't think that's happening.