alcohol cosumption

Options
13»

Replies

• MelanieRBrace
    MelanieRBrace Posts: 245 Member
    Options
    h7463 wrote: »
    Simple. If it doesn't support your goal, you don't do it, at least until you reach your goal. Once you have reached your goal, you probably know better, anyway.
    Other than that, log and move on. Alcohol isn't nutrition, anyway. You should never 'incorporate' it in any diet, IMO...

^This
  • 4leighbee
    4leighbee Posts: 1,275 Member
    edited January 2015
    Options
    I love a couple beers on occasion. The problem, I find, isn't in the beers themselves (I drink Mich Ultra so less than 100 calories each and I don't usually eat back my exercise calories so usually have a little wiggle room) but the problem is more my inclination to have something like cheese fries or pretzels with them ...
  • jasonmh630
    jasonmh630 Posts: 2,850 Member
    Options
    Simple. If it doesn't support your goal, you don't do it, at least until you reach your goal. Once you have reached your goal, you probably know better, anyway.
    Other than that, log and move on. Alcohol isn't nutrition, anyway. You should never 'incorporate' it in any diet, IMO...

^This

No, not this.... You shouldn't have to eliminate anything for you to have a healthy diet. The key to a healthy diet to lose weight is learning to still eat everything you like, but in moderate dosages while maintaining a calorie deficit.
  • 4leighbee
    4leighbee Posts: 1,275 Member
    Options
    jasonmh630 wrote: »

^This

No, not this.... You shouldn't have to eliminate anything for you to have a healthy diet. The key to a healthy diet to lose weight is learning to still eat everything you like, but in moderate dosages while maintaining a calorie deficit.

^ This.
    (without allowing the empty calories to rob you of proper nutrition)
  • Maridar
    Maridar Posts: 164 Member
    Options
    beer makes me feel bloated, cheap wine gives me headaches, stronger stuff just makes me feel bad next morning, older and not pretty at all:) but when I did really enjoy my red wine I just included it in daily calories. That was very easy to do. Over the Christmas and New Year holidays I over-celebrated, as a result, I only had one glass of wine and four beers since January 2nd.
  • Aviva92
    Aviva92 Posts: 2,333 Member
    edited January 2015
    Options
    Maridar wrote: »
    beer makes me feel bloated, cheap wine gives me headaches, stronger stuff just makes me feel bad next morning, older and not pretty at all:) but when I did really enjoy my red wine I just included it in daily calories. That was very easy to do. Over the Christmas and New Year holidays I over-celebrated, as a result, I only had one glass of wine and four beers since January 2nd.

yep, the room was spinning and i was puking just after midnight on new years eve. not a good time, but at least it didn't set off my acid reflux, probably since i was still taking drugs for that. now i'm trying to be more careful.
  • Showcase_Brodown
    Showcase_Brodown Posts: 919 Member
    Options
    I incorporate alcohol into my diet the same way I incorporate anything else: I just add the calories.

Of course, alcohol has some unique concerns compared to other food, so keeping it reasonable is important.