Fell off the bandwagon (dang donuts!!)

Ok. I caved this morning and had two donuts for breakfast/lunch at about 11:00. I have been under everyday and well under the last two days. Will this "donut disaster" mess up everything, or should I get on the treadmill for the next two hours just to get rid of the calories?

PS my stomach did not like all the sugar at all!! won't cave like that again!!

Replies

• TavistockToad
    TavistockToad Posts: 35,719 Member
    Why would a couple of doughnuts 'mess everything up'?
  • jkwolly
    jkwolly Posts: 3,049 Member
    Maybe they were jam filled?
  • redversustheblue
    redversustheblue Posts: 1,216 Member
    ....Log the donuts in your food diary, get on with the day. Seriously, it's not a disaster.
  • TavistockToad
    jkwolly wrote: »
    Maybe they were jam filled?

That's a good thing!
  • acarmon55
    acarmon55 Posts: 135 Member
    Trying to eat healthy, cut back on sugar, and lose about 10 lbs. I have only consistently logged for 10 days and have been doing so well. Will it mess up the loss of 1 lb a week because I know I will be over for the day.
  • acarmon55
    Not jam filled...chocolate long johns...:( My kids wanted them this morning so I got some for them and they didn't eat them all...
  • malibu927
    malibu927 Posts: 17,565 Member
    acarmon55 wrote: »
    Trying to eat healthy, cut back on sugar, and lose about 10 lbs. I have only consistently logged for 10 days and have been doing so well. Will it mess up the loss of 1 lb a week because I know I will be over for the day.

One day over is not the end of the world. You can cut a few calories out for the next couple days, or forget about it and move forward.
  • higgins8283801
    higgins8283801 Posts: 844 Member
    It won't mess anything up. Stop demonizing food. Log the doughnuts, and move on from it. One day won't do anything.

I still eat doughnuts and I'm down 41lbs. :)
  • higgins8283801
    higgins8283801 Posts: 844 Member

No it won't mess anything up as long as you dot consume 3500 calories over your tdee.

You'll be fine.

• jnv7594
    jnv7594 Posts: 983 Member
    edited January 2015
    As others have said, log them and move on. I love donuts and still eat them. If you are worried about going over your calories for the day, yes, you could exercise to offset them a bit or make up the difference by eating less calories on another day or two in your week. Two donuts will not cause you to gain a pound, and if they do, it will likely be just water weight. And I agree with not demonizing food. That's how I got to be overweight. By labeling certain foods bad and restricting them, only to binge on them later in excessive amounts. You can still have donuts as part of a healthy diet. Just log them in with the rest of your day.
  • cds_momto3
    cds_momto3 Posts: 316 Member
    Don't beat yourself up - it'll all too easily become an excuse to just give up, because you "messed up" anyway. Everyone makes mistakes - just figure out ways to make the best of it and make it up with how you eat for the rest of the week!
  • TavistockToad

No it won't mess anything up as long as you dot consume 3500 calories over your tdee.

You'll be fine.

Agreed!
  • jnv7594
    jnv7594 Posts: 983 Member
    Not jam filled...chocolate long johns...:( My kids wanted them this morning so I got some for them and they didn't eat them all...

Oh, my favorite. :) Now i want a long john, lol. We have a little bakery in the town where I'm from that makes the best long johns in the world.
  • SergeantSausage
    SergeantSausage Posts: 1,673 Member
    ! won't cave like that again!!

Yes, you will ...
    ... and it will be OK then, too.

• krysmuree
    krysmuree Posts: 326 Member
    One bad meal won't make you gain just like one healthy meal won't make you lose. :) Don't deprive yourself. Having a treat now and then is okay. Just move on with your day and enjoy.
  • Daiako
    Daiako Posts: 12,545 Member
    Now I want a donut.

To the donut shop!
  • TavistockToad
    ! won't cave like that again!!

Yes, you will ...
    ... and it will be OK then, too.

Next time enjoy one doughnut, job done!
  • PeachyCarol
    PeachyCarol Posts: 8,029 Member
    Just log them and move on. Maybe eat a lighter dinner.

Honestly, this is what's wrong with the mindset of giving up a group of foods... the idea that you've messed up. You can eat anything you want if you incorporate the calories into your eating plan.

You didn't plan for the donut today, but maybe instead of deciding to cut all sugar to lose weight, just cut back. Depending on how many calories are in your daily goal, you can plan to have a donut or a half of one whenever you get them for the kids and not feel like you've set yourself back on your goals. Thinking ahead and being in charge and planning for indulgences is part of any sustainable way of eating. If you start looking at food this way, once the ten pound are off, they'll stay off.
  • kisses71213
    kisses71213 Posts: 97 Member
    a couple of donuts will not stop weight loss!!! don't worry!! keep on keeping on!!
  • acarmon55
    Oh, my favorite. :) Now i want a long john, lol. We have a little bakery in the town where I'm from that makes the best long johns in the world.[/quote]

I got them from a little bakery here and I absolutely love them! Hence the cave, but after the replies, I am not as worried. Thanks!