Juice fasting

Options
hi anybody else on a juice fast :D

Replies

• obscuremusicreference
    obscuremusicreference Posts: 1,320 Member
    Options
    Sorry to hear about your recent dental surgery :'(

That's why you're on a juice fast, right?
  • IronSmasher
    IronSmasher Posts: 3,908 Member
    Options
    I hope not. This is a calorie counting website which is against very low calorie diets so that wouldn't make any sense.
  • queenliz99
    queenliz99 Posts: 15,317 Member
    Options
    I hear crickets chirping
  • Kalikel
    Kalikel Posts: 9,626 Member
    Options
    Nope, except for the occasional orange juice, I don't drink juice anymore. Too many calories and no food!

I get why a lot of people like to kick-start their diet with a day or two of fasting and it can do a lot of good. But don't make a habit of it! You need nutrition - vitamins and minerals are so important for your health. Learning to eat properly is a big deal and juice fasts don't help there.

If I were juice fasting, I'd get the Ocean Spray Cranberry Raspberry or the Pom juice. :)

Enjoy!!
  • asheldon43
    asheldon43 Posts: 3 Member
    Options
    Sorry to hear about your recent dental surgery :'(

That's why you're on a juice fast, right?

Haha nah I introduced juicing vegetables and fruits into my diet last year when I reached 300lb lost about 45lb so far . Decided to do a juice fast in the new year . I have more energy than ever!
  • MKEgal
    MKEgal Posts: 3,250 Member
    Options
    Um, no.
    If you're drinking just the juice, you're missing a lot of the important nutrients (including fiber).
    If you're grinding up the whole fruit/veg, why waste the energy? Just eat them. Food is more satisfying than liquid.

Eat normal foods, in sensible portions, and move more.
    That's all you really need to know to lose weight.

Or is this another one of the :trollface: posts that have been appearing recently with all the resolutioners?

51637601.png
  • Sued0nim
    Sued0nim Posts: 17,456 Member
    Options
    This title does not bode well

• Krau
    Krau Posts: 20
    Options
    I juice everyday. I have done a 3 day "reboot" twice in the past but mainly make green juices and the occasional "orange" juice and have them every morning and sometimes in the afternoon. I have no issues whatsoever with going over my calories and drinking the juice that I make. Juicing is actually helping you ADD important nutrients. You are not losing them. By juicing the fruits and vegetables you are able to incorporate way more nutrients than you could ever just eat. I also love that the more I juice, the less I crave any food that isn't nutrient dense. Your body develops a preference to that high level of nutrients and eating anything that is bad for you won't even sound appealing. So I 100% support juicing! :)
  • queenliz99
    queenliz99 Posts: 15,317 Member
    Options
    here we go
  • Krau
    Krau Posts: 20
    Options
    People have completely REVERSED many illnesses through juicing. There are a large variety of ways to juice. You can juice and eat or you can just juice and people often juice for 15, 30, or even more days with absolutely no ill effects. You're body is given a break from digesting and your system resets itself and you are getting all of those micronutrients that instantly absorbed into and used by your body. I don't prefer to just juice because I need variety to my diet but I know that many people have done it and after the adjustment period (the first 4 days or so) you can juice comfortably and not be hungry or have any of the side effects that you experience in the first few days of detoxing
  • Sued0nim
    Options
    Krau wrote: »
    I juice everyday. I have done a 3 day "reboot" twice in the past but mainly make green juices and the occasional "orange" juice and have them every morning and sometimes in the afternoon. I have no issues whatsoever with going over my calories and drinking the juice that I make. Juicing is actually helping you ADD important nutrients. You are not losing them. By juicing the fruits and vegetables you are able to incorporate way more nutrients than you could ever just eat. I also love that the more I juice, the less I crave any food that isn't nutrient dense. Your body develops a preference to that high level of nutrients and eating anything that is bad for you won't even sound appealing. So I 100% support juicing! :)

Explain how apple juice is superior to eating an apple

Feel free to substitute any fruit or vegetable for apple
    No bro-science please
  • 1stplace4health
    1stplace4health Posts: 523 Member
    Options
    getting popcorn......this is gonna be good
  • Sued0nim
    Options
    getting popcorn......this is gonna be good

Can you juice that?
  • obscuremusicreference
    obscuremusicreference Posts: 1,320 Member
    Options
    ovqte4ustoa0.gif

If you've lost so much weight already, what's the rush on the rest of the weight? Sure you know by now that the weight comes off with a caloric deficit and eating, like, people food.
  • IronSmasher
    IronSmasher Posts: 3,908 Member
    Options
    Eating McDonald's everyday would be ADDING important nutrients too. Actually essential nutrients. Nutrients I would die without!

See how phrasing, even though true, can make nutritional arguements nonsense?

Plus I like how people are trying to get more nutrients into people that are trying to lose weight. I'm one of those weirdos that tries that with people trying to gain weight. How can you honestly think what you are saying makes any sense?

You're taking away the fibre, you're making it more highly concentrated in sugars.
    You're talking about making food LESS filling for someone trying to eat less.
  • myfatass78
    myfatass78 Posts: 411 Member
    Options
    Much prefer to eat my food then drink it thanks. Juicing is not sustainable long term.
  • RebelDiamond
    RebelDiamond Posts: 188 Member
    Options
    I do a "juice cleanse" every January 1st for about 4-5 days. Afterward my tummy feels de-bloated, my skin is clear of blemishes and glows, I kick cravings for salt and caffeine and as a bonus I drop the bulge I gained over the holiday period.

I don't think anyone should be shaming you for wanting to do a bit of a detox, it's your body and your choice. As long as you feel ok and it's not for an extended period of time, do as you please.