20 pounds by Easter challenge

Options

Replies

• lovesretirement
    lovesretirement Posts: 2,661 Member
    Options
    Jennifer- Good for you for making good food choices at lunch. One day at a time!!!

Connie thanks for the encouragement. I did feel like I had lost but I let those scales discourage me.

Shirley thanks for your comment. I will try to shake things up a bit. I will try to cut back on carbs too.

Went to Sports Medicine Doctor today for knee issues and he said I had a meniscus problem. Said no treadmill, stairs, squatting, etc. but I can ride a bike and swim. Surely didn't want to hear no treadmill. I can just see this 70y/o in a swim suit at a gym (what a sight that would be)!!!
    Hope your Monday has been good.
    Nancy

Nancy...when you go to the water aerobics at the pool, you will be amazed at the range of ages and body types there! It took a lot of courage for me to put on a suit and actually take the towel from around my body the first time I went. I soon realized that we were all there for the same reason...exercise. I have since taken refresher swim lessons so that I could swim laps before or after class. You can do it, and I promise you will enjoy it, especially if you have a good instructor.
    Connie
  • eyegirl777va
    eyegirl777va Posts: 1,464 Member
    Options
    Connie thanks I will give it some thought.
  • gemfrire
    gemfrire Posts: 110 Member
    Options
    o:) Baby news...Marie's great grandson and my great nephew has finally decided to join the family!
  • LeelooX2014
    LeelooX2014 Posts: 157 Member
    Options
    gemfrire wrote: »
    o:) Baby news...Marie's great grandson and my great nephew has finally decided to join the family!

Yay! Congrats!
  • CALIECAT
    CALIECAT Posts: 12,530 Member
    Options
    CALIECAT wrote: »
    Anyone want to j
    I am interested in easter challenge!!!M
    /quote]

Welcome to this thread This is a great group We do have a Birthday list and need your given name, and The date you were born where you are from. This is so we can help you celebrate Your birthday and just to keep up with you. This is a very supported thread and I think we can Help you Welcome Julie

1962608mfgqgzr55s.jpg
    <3 Marie
  • Mishitashin
    Options

Yay! Congrats!
    Congrats!
  • Mishitashin
    Options
    Wow spin really kicked my butt today! But now it was worth it but I need to figure out what I did wrong today which caused me to be sick after working out. Not a good move!

Hope everyone had a great day! Just finished cooking dinner tonight and lunch for tomorrow. I also added my birthday to the birthday thread =)

• lovesretirement
    lovesretirement Posts: 2,661 Member
    Options

Congrats...such a wonderful blessing!!
  • CALIECAT
    Options
    Thanks Connie. 9.5 lbs.A big baby.
  • eyegirl777va
    eyegirl777va Posts: 1,464 Member
    Options
    Marie, Congrats on you great grandsons arrival!!!
  • Arkie_Ali
    Arkie_Ali Posts: 106 Member
    edited January 2015
    Options

Congrats!

tenpets wrote: »
    My birthday happens to be on Nurse's Day (how appropriate!) May 6.
    Becky in Maryland

@tenpets We have the same birthday!

Hope everyone had a great Monday!

-Alicia in Arkansas
  • MsLadyPirate
    MsLadyPirate Posts: 51 Member
    Options
    Jodi7788 wrote: »
    Hi Everyone!! I'd like to join this group too. I am turning 50 this year and I want to get in the best shape possible for the next phase of my life. I've been using MFP since the first week of January. SW: 209
    CW: 203
    GW: 170ish
    I've started exercising too but my feet hurt so badly that I can't walk! I have plantar fasiaitis (sp?) & heel spurs. I've been on this roller coaster for years but never joined a support group....until now! I am excited to make this journey with all of you.
    Good Luck to Everyone!!

Jodi from Pittsburgh

Hi Jodi, I also have plantar fasciitis. I have found that icing and doing the runners stretch both before and after exercise helps some. I ended up going to a podiatrist and getting shots in my foot. Good luck to you I have been there too.
    Valerie from Arizona
  • CALIECAT
    Options
    Arkie_Ali wrote: »

Congrats!

tenpets wrote: »
    My birthday happens to be on Nurse's Day (how appropriate!) May 6.
    Becky in Maryland

@tenpets We have the same birthday!

Hope everyone had a great Monday!

-Alicia in Arkansas

look we found datesmates. How cute is that,
    marie

• CALIECAT
    Options
    ThanksBarbiecat for taken charge of our Birthday list. you done a marvelous job. I am going to run a copy so I can see all of our members.
  • ldavislamer
    Options
    Well, I didn't stick to my eating plan as well as I could have today...not horribly bad. I WILL do better tomorrow! I plan to weigh once a week...so a few more days to go.
  • Mishitashin
    Options
    Wow spin really kicked my butt today! But now it was worth it but I need to figure out what I did wrong today which caused me to be sick after working out. Not a good move!

Hope everyone had a great day! Just finished cooking dinner tonight and lunch for tomorrow. I also added my birthday to the birthday thread =)

Spin is such a challenge I give you so much credit!!
  • eatless83
    eatless83 Posts: 158 Member
    edited January 2015
    Options
    Great receipe Belinda! - can't wait to try it!

Nancy keep with it!

Tonight is my BF's birthday so we are off out for a meal to celebrate! I went to the gym today so I can afford a little extra tonight yay :smiley:

Good luck friends

Faye
    Singapore
  • sparklecomet
    sparklecomet Posts: 103 Member
    Options

Woohoo congrats to both of you and your family!!
  • sparklecomet
    sparklecomet Posts: 103 Member
    Options

Spin is such a challenge I give you so much credit!!

Haha thank you! Spin is really challenging but it 's a lot of fun as well! It makes me work out much harder than I would if I was just running on my own because the trainer really pushes you!

Today and my boyfriend and my 7th year together so we're going to go to the cinema so no workout today. I must make sure to bring some diet friendly (and budget friendly) snacks to the cinema with me!

I hope everyone has a great Tuesday! =)

• eslcity
    eslcity Posts: 323 Member
    Options
    ok i'll give it a shot... now CW180lbs = GW160lbs (82kg = 73kg)