Options

Replies

• stefaniemazz
    stefaniemazz Posts: 179 Member
    Options
    yopeeps025 wrote: »
    I'm shocked people actually weigh themselves everyday, what does that solve? Our bodies are going to fluctuate so your most likely not even getting an accurate number.

I used to weigh in weekly, but I now weigh in monthly. For me the number on the scale is important but not the most important thing. Muscle weighs more then fat.

^^Really? 1# of muscle weighs more than 1# of fat? ok

To each his own. Whatever works best for each of us is what we should do. We all have different needs and goals.

Yes muscle weighs more then fat, so what do you mean "really?" lol.

Please explain.

What I mean by that is, I could be 136 pounds with little to no muscle at a higher body fat percentage and be 136 pounds with a lower bodyfat percentage and more muscle and look completely different.

Maybe I should have explained that better the first go around.

You said muscle weighs more than fat which is incorrect.

Right I know what I said, I explained what I actually meant above. But thanks for pointing out the obvious.

New people to the site do not know better and might believe misguided information.

Right... well I corrected what I said. Let it go buddy. I'm not one of those people that spread misinformation on here or don't know what I'm talking about.

I misworded what I wrote, you know what I meant to say now.

• Beth46NC
    Beth46NC Posts: 4 Member
    Options
    Every Monday morning first thing..
  • jrline
    jrline Posts: 2,353 Member
    Options
    no more than twice a month and keep the time of the day consistent
  • lharris6993
    lharris6993 Posts: 7 Member
    Options
    Same here
  • BrettWithPKU
    BrettWithPKU Posts: 575 Member
    Options
    Every day, very first thing in the morning.

I literally chart my daily weigh-ins on paper, and put it on my refrigerator. That way I see it every time I eat anything, and I'm accountable to anyone in the house who might wish to see it.
  • TasnimEz
    TasnimEz Posts: 280 Member
    Options
    Usually once a week.
  • McEneny
    McEneny Posts: 23 Member
    Options
    I'm shocked people actually weigh themselves everyday, what does that solve? Our bodies are going to fluctuate so your most likely not even getting an accurate number.

I used to weigh in weekly, but I now weigh in monthly. For me the number on the scale is important but not the most important thing. Muscle weighs more then fat.

^^Really? 1# of muscle weighs more than 1# of fat? ok

To each his own. Whatever works best for each of us is what we should do. We all have different needs and goals.

Yes muscle weighs more then fat, so what do you mean "really?" lol.

1# = 1# or am I wrong?

Oh riddles, oh man, gotta love it.

http://dietdatabase.com/1-pound-body-fat-facts-pictures/

Muscle that takes up the same volume as fat, will weigh more than that fat.
  • ronronald1
    Options
    Every week, same day, same time, same breakfast, same amount of water. (also check your meal the day before).
    I messure kg, fat%, muscle%.
    Also checking my leg's, arm, belly and chest in cm.
  • BetterKimmer
    BetterKimmer Posts: 178 Member
    Options
    Randomly. Sometimes daily, sometime weekly. But not less than weekly. Only the weekly counts. Too many factor effect the daily and it can make you crazy. Pick a day a week (one study showed Fri morning as the day/time people weigh the least. For me it seemed Tue.) and weigh naked before eating.
  • Keith3481
    Keith3481 Posts: 91 Member
    Options
    I weigh daily, first thing in the morning before I step in the shower. I also track a seven day moving average, it seems to smooth out the day to day fluctuations.
  • jhoyett
    jhoyett Posts: 92 Member
    Options
    Daily when losing; weekly when maintaining.
  • NikonPal
    NikonPal Posts: 1,346 Member
    Options
    Those of you who have maintained long term success on your weight loss; how often did you weigh yourself when you were losing weight & how often do you continue to weigh yourself once you've reached your weight loss goal?

EVERYDAY…BUT….I ONLY “RECORD” ONCE A WEEK – same day/time/clothing/scale.

I weigh to follow trends and it keeps me on track.

I would “not” weigh daily if I was the type to obsess over the number.

The only number I ever think about is that Monday morning weigh-in…that I have done consistently for over 1 year.

73641431.png
  • 999tigger
    999tigger Posts: 5,235 Member
    Options
    Every day or as often as i want.
    Can I deal with fluctuations? Yes.
    Do I look at trends? Yes
    Does it save me time and uncertainty? Yes
    Does it motivate me? yes
    Do I use other methods of measurement? Yes.

Whatever works for you.
  • FunSkittles
    FunSkittles Posts: 39 Member
    Options
    EWJLang wrote: »
    Twice daily.

Sounds crazy, yes? It's actually not. I started just weighing myself once a week, early morning, same time. I thought that would keep me from obsessing. I was wrong -- it made it worse!

The best thing I ever did was to start weighing twice a day, right before bed, and then after my just-up bathroom visit. Seeing my weight go down up to 2.5 pounds overnight was really eye-opening. Watching my weight dance around a 3 pound window from day to day really drove home to me that water retention and digestive timing really affect what the scale has to say!

I only log a weight every week or so. Once I've observed those fluctuations over a week's time, I start seeing the median point of the fluctuation window, and I feel comfortable using that as my MFP "official weight." Seeing the very slight downward trend there gives me a much more consistent feeling of success than the single-data-point-per-week approach, because that single point is so unreliable...especially if you are on a less-than-a-pound per week loss goal plan.

when I was at my ideal weight I would do this too. It really gave me a good sense of where and when my fluctuations were.

• markdlennon
    markdlennon Posts: 69 Member
    Options
    I'm trying something different, that I read about on Reddit a while back. I like the idea, and am going to give it a whirl for a while.

I weigh myself every morning, and record it in a spreadsheet I created:

03_zps8978917c.gif

I don't care about the daily weight, but this way, I can look at a weeks average weight, and compare that to the weeks average calorie consumption.

I originally started doing this to find my true TDEE, but so far, I really like the process.
  • LAHaPpY1342013
    LAHaPpY1342013 Posts: 3 Member
    Options
    Weekly.
  • allanakern
    allanakern Posts: 245 Member
    Options
    every day but only really care about the # I get every sunday because I know it will fluctuate a bit
  • _FATNSASSY
    _FATNSASSY Posts: 107 Member
    Options
    Once a week in the morning before I eat or drink.
  • tdbernrd
    tdbernrd Posts: 510 Member
    Options
    Kevvboy wrote: »
    There are a group of us who scale obsess and find it is better to weigh only occasionally. When I weighed every day, I would use 1 lb lost as an excuse to eat more. So it was self-defeating. Now I drop by my dr.'s office once a month and weigh on his scale. This really shows me the larger trend lines but I do not obsess on the daily fluctuations. When I was losing my weight, I used the clothing getting looser as an indication of my progress. Good luck!
    I like this solution. I'm going to try it. Thank you!
  • MynameisJerryB
    MynameisJerryB Posts: 168 Member
    Options
    I do it daily, first thing in the morning but I realize that there will be fluctuations.
Do you Love MyFitnessPal? Have you crushed a goal or improved your life through better nutrition using MyFitnessPal?
Share your success and inspire others. Leave us a review on Apple Or Google Play stores!