13»

Replies

• tracymayo1
    tracymayo1 Posts: 445 Member
    Options
    Th3Ph03n1x wrote: »
    tracymayo1 wrote: »
    Thanks all.
    I do weigh all solids, and liquids when I log. You can all access my diary it is public.
    I think I will cut out the eating out for a couple of weeks and see where it gets me, but really, I am always under my goals for the day (except 1 day last week I was 20something calories OVER)
    BUT I have my goal set to lose 1lb a week. I only have the last 10lbs to lose, so should bne at 0.5lbs a week from what I see around this site - but because I am usually not hungry I figure leave it at 1lb and then I know I have a little window...

Should I just change it to 0.5lbs? im afraid that it will be too slow to even notice anything...

A couple questions how much do you have left to lose? Also do you think it's possible you've hit a plateau?

I have about 12lbs left to lose at this point. I don't really believe in Plateau's per se... I think I just need to switch something up to get a move on. Having joined the gym I believe may also be a factor in this stand still.
  • samantha1242
    samantha1242 Posts: 816 Member
    Options
    You can use iceberg/butter lettuce leaves to wrap stuff. I do enjoy a good chicken peanut satay with rice wrapped in a lettuce wrap, but thats about it. Some of my GF friends/family put their burgers in lettuce leaves too. It makes me cry a little on the inside.

I do personally eat bread, buns, bagels, wraps, pasta etc all in moderation. To each their own I suppose. I just know I could never sustain getting rid of one of those.. mmmm.
  • lindzgayle
    lindzgayle Posts: 131 Member
    Options
    I vote for lettuce wraps. Also, for restaurant sandwiches and burgers, cut the whole thing in half and pile the innards on one side; discard 50% of the bread right there, and get a huge mouthful of burger goodness.
  • LiveLoveRunFar
    LiveLoveRunFar Posts: 176 Member
    Options
    Replace toast and fried eggs with grilled sweet potato slices and put the eggs on top! Replace bread with hamburgers / sandwiches with crisp iceberg lettuce slabs. U will never miss the bread. If u eat bread by itself... I don't know what to replace that with
  • mapnerd2005
    Options
    try Flat Out wraps. they're big enough to be cut in half to use like tortillas, are packed with protein and fiber, and are kinda stretchy when used as a wrap. About 100cal each (only need one, not two), but with 8g of fiber and 9g of protein. Other alternatives, especially for breakfast, are Thomas English Muffins. The multigrain ones have 100 cal, 8g fiber, and 5g protein and are GREAT toasted.

However, there is no reason for you to cut out all bread completely. All things in moderation, including moderation. I find that if I say I can't have something, that's the only thing I want to eat.
  • jimbmc
    jimbmc Posts: 83 Member
    Options
    To be honest, I have replaced bread with "Wraps", (tortillas/Flatbreads). A general slice of whole wheat bread is approx 110-140 cals. One 'wrap' can be around the same. So if you are making a sandwich, you are going to use 2 slices of bread (250 cals) whereas with a wrap, u can put in the same amount of filling and half the calories of the 'Bread'. Also, u can get hold of wholewheat/seeded/low calorie wraps or tortillas. And if you want to be really keen, you can just make your own! That way, you know exactly whats in it, and it wont have any preservatives, added sugar/salt. Heres a link on how to make them - http://allrecipes.com/recipe/whole-wheat-wraps/
  • kailibertsch
    kailibertsch Posts: 139 Member
    Options
    arditarose wrote: »
    I have lost 41lbs and have never given up bread or sugar. I tried 45 calorie bread, I can't believe it's not butter and Splenda..yuk. So I went back to bread and just worked them in.

It hasn't failed me.

Good luck!

haha, I like the 45 calorie bread. But I get it, it's not that nice.

I like the 40 calorie bread too! I also like it with I can't believe it's not butter spray. I have that almost every morning for breakfast on the weekends. Yum!!!
  • auddii
    auddii Posts: 15,357 Member
    Options
    Ezekiel 4:9 cinnamon raisin bread is 80 calories a slice.

I've heard mixed things about this bread, and you have to keep it frozen, which takes away storage space in my freezer (usually filled with leftovers, smoked meat, and ice cream). Rye bread if you like the flavor seems to be relatively low calorie (usually around 70 calories per slice depending on the brand).

I agree with others that you shouldn't cut out things especially if you know you won't be about to do it long term. And yes, if you've added in new exercise that you don't typically, you will be increasing stress on your body and retaining water.

Also, I noticed that you usually have calories left over at the end of the day. Large deficits can also contribute to increased stress and cortisol levels and water retention. I'd try hitting your calorie goal, although MFP can overestimate calorie burns, so maybe try half of your exercise calories per day.
  • keziak1
    keziak1 Posts: 204 Member
    Options
    Maybe instead of a turkey sandwich with veggies on two slices of bread have a green salad with turkey on top?

I have more of an issue with white rice, which is served in my home a lot. I'm subbing it with brown rice and cutting down the servings.
  • lfrazier2482
    lfrazier2482 Posts: 82 Member
    Options
    I would rather have one slice of good bread than two slices of diet bread. My lunch now is a big old salad with protein on it and a slice of 110 calorie whole grain bread. My meal still comes out in the 330 calorie range and I am full until dinner.
  • tracymayo1
    tracymayo1 Posts: 445 Member
    Options
    I don't want to eliminate bread from my diet.. I could never sustain that. I think what I may try is using 1 slice of my current bread, 95 calories instead of 2 for sandwiches.
    Ill stay with my english muffins for breakfast with my homemade apple butter or peanut butter.
    I will need to look for lower calorie tortillas or pita's to use for sandwiches at lunch. I just find I am eating ALOT of calories for breakfast mostly, and half of them are the toast I eat.
    Figured there may be an alternative I haven't thought of, but it seems not.
    Just need to find a better lower calorie brand :) I do thank you all for your input!