NSV for the Winter Bulkers?

Options

Replies

• zSandman
    zSandman Posts: 76 Member
    edited January 2015
    Options
    drepublic wrote: »
    [quote="jmule24;30894156"I actually had an older lady interrupt me; mid rep while deadlifting, to inform me that I was giving her a headache from the noise of the weights. Mind you she was off in cardio land.....

Lol. Would have given her the death stare.
  • Samjeffrey1998
    Samjeffrey1998 Posts: 1 Member
    Options
    Hi, I've been working out about 5 months now and I have started to lose motivation, I've had alot of school work, work with my job, sport sport now starting up and also maintaining a good relationship with my friends, family and gf.
    Got so much on my plate this year, keeping a diet is going to be hard seeing as my family aren't particularly dieting as such but they are willing to help me out. I am 16 and I'm trying to build mass and strength for my sport of cricket. I also want to look the part with a healthy looking body to match my strength. I am 13st exactly and I'm 6ft 4... , starting a stricter diet today as its going to help in the long run

Please if you have any advice you could provide me with or any motivation you can slam upon me it would be great. Thanks for reading... Sam
  • drepublic
    drepublic Posts: 180 Member
    edited January 2015
    Options
    Hi, I've been working out about 5 months now and I have started to lose motivation, I've had alot of school work, work with my job, sport sport now starting up and also maintaining a good relationship with my friends, family and gf.
    Got so much on my plate this year, keeping a diet is going to be hard seeing as my family aren't particularly dieting as such but they are willing to help me out. I am 16 and I'm trying to build mass and strength for my sport of cricket.

Yea this sounds about right for an average 16 year old, and nothing will change when you get to adulthood...except you'll probably have kids thrown in the mix with the Job, Possibly Grad School, Sports, Relationships, people around you not dieting as such....etc. At least you have my fitness pal as a resource. My suggestion (and this will carry over into adult hood) is to prep most of your meals for the week on the weekend. Sometimes I can prep 30 meals in one hour...takes some time and practice to get that efficient...but it is worth it. It really makes your week super easy...and honestly...you are 16 years old...you could probably get JACKED on Dorritos and Pizza right now...so enjoy this time. :)
  • JoRocka
    JoRocka Posts: 17,525 Member
    Options
    You have it easy right now... it's only going to get harder.

eat all the things- lift all the things. best time of your life for building- make the most of it.
  • jmt08c
    jmt08c Posts: 343 Member
    Options
    Up 22 pounds since Oct1,2014...bench 3 rep max from 185->245...squat 3 rep max from 175->255.
  • beastcompany
    beastcompany Posts: 230 Member
    Options
    Mine will be when I pack in these last 10lbs and finally break the 200lb club for the first time.

Ultimate final bulking goal is going to be between 210-220lbs.
  • Springfield1970
    Springfield1970 Posts: 1,945 Member
    Options
    I realised I did 3 sets of quite heavy leg presses and didn't notice the extra weights on the back. Turns out I was pressing 130kg (287lb). I was surprised!
  • jmule24
    jmule24 Posts: 1,404 Member
    Options
    jmt08c wrote: »
    Up 22 pounds since Oct1,2014...bench 3 rep max from 185->245...squat 3 rep max from 175->255.

Dang! Nice progress!

• drepublic
    Options
    New PR on Weighted Dips. Just started doing them a month ago...not sure I want to go to heavy...just wanted controlled reps.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=dqRSs9GwyjE
  • 3laine75
    3laine75 Posts: 3,070 Member
    Options
    Nice! I can barely do that many at bodyweight :/
  • JoRocka
    edited January 2015
    Options
    nice- lots of control for sure- those are great- I can't do them that slow- does weird elbowy things.
    - I'll have to video though- I video my squats and deads- rarely anything else- would be a good thing to check on.
    - goal this winter for me is to do a 45 plate for 5.
  • drepublic
    Options
    JoRocka wrote: »
    nice- lots of control for sure- those are great- I can't do them that slow- does weird elbowy things.
    - I'll have to video though- I video my squats and deads- rarely anything else- would be a good thing to check on.
    - goal this winter for me is to do a 45 plate for 5.

Thanks! I used to be all about the weight...till I got hurt. Now I am all about Control, not getting hurt again (I'll take slow but consistent gains..), and Aesthetics of course! The weight will come with time, and when it does...you'll look that much more impressive with good control. ;)

I really want a custom pullup bar for my power rack. I have been doing weighted pullups at the gym but I want to hit those more frequently at home to widen my back. I have a goal to pull up 315 lbs this year. So as of today that is me + 95 lbs.

• JoRocka
    Options
    NICE. almost 100 plus is a win. for controlled reps that's excellent. I'm okay with 25- I can do several sets with 25- I could do more for fewer- but typically my sets are like 5 x 8 or 5 x 6 so it's definitely dialed back.

I have no issue pushing weight- but after having reset several times- to work on form- I've definitely reached a point where I have no shame going back down. It's just not worth it.
  • drepublic
    Options
    Okay...hit a new PR on Military Press. 185 for 5 reps. I am currently sitting at 200 lbs right now and would love to military press my own body weight for 5 reps...better yet 205 lbs.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ypkLGFHaqrI

Was feeling pretty pumped after that set so naturally I had to take a progress photo. Just updated my profile pic to this as well. Current plans are to lean out at this weight hopefully staying around 200-205 lbs. I'm in no hurry...it's only January.

Robert-B-Body-Beast-Results-Body-Beast-Transformation.jpg
  • jenglish712
    jenglish712 Posts: 497 Member
    Options
    Deadlifted 225 x 5 this morning. Still not much but 90# more than when I started increasing calories in November.
  • drepublic
    Options
    Deadlifted 225 x 5 this morning. Still not much but 90# more than when I started increasing calories in November.

Good gains there...I'm about to add some Trap Bar Deadlifts to my routine soon...

• usmcmp
    usmcmp Posts: 21,220 Member
    Options
    I bulked over the last year, not just winter. Lean mass gains were stellar. Also set a world record in my federation for deadlift only.
  • Bukeelaka
    Options
    Wow, you're very impressive. I'm just starting out, need to do something about my spaghetti arms!
  • drepublic
    Options
    Bukeelaka wrote: »
    Wow, you're very impressive. I'm just starting out, need to do something about my spaghetti arms!

How often do you train your arms?

• drepublic
    Options
    Pushing hard tonight. New PR. 245 lbs for 6 reps at an incline. Currently weighing in at 203 lbs.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=WsHRUhxXyZU