Thighs

Options

Replies

• Ooci
    Ooci Posts: 247 Member
    Options
    My thighs are 21 inches and horrific - at 5ft 1 i reckon they should be 17! I wish they looked as slim as those in the above pic!
  • williams969
    williams969 Posts: 2,528 Member
    Options
    jemhh wrote: »
    How tall are you? 23" is not big. My thighs are 22.5" and I would hardly call them big or even a half inch from being big.

2014-12-31_151324_zpsebf1125f.jpg

Nice gams! <3 Mine are a paltry 21" (on a 'good' day, sometimes less). To each their own, but I'm moving toward maintenance/slight surplus and building them up. Mine are a bit too lean for my body. Strength training only "bulks" if you're eating at a surplus, and as a female, takes a very long time to do so. The body can't create mass in a deficit, it simply cannot (cuz science and stuff).
  • Serah87
    Serah87 Posts: 5,481 Member
    Options
    I am 5'2, weight around 115 pounds, thighs 17 inches. I do walking, weight lifting: dead lifts, squats, leg curls, leg extension, step ups.
  • mijdge
    mijdge Posts: 10 Member
    Options
    Mine are 21', but I only have 24' legs ;) I love my 'thunder' thighs - I got hit by a moped when I was 17 and I just had bruising. I play roller derby (lots of squats...), and I run.
  • jemhh
    jemhh Posts: 14,261 Member
    Options
    How tall are you? 23" is not big. My thighs are 22.5" and I would hardly call them big or even a half inch from being big.

Nice gams! <3 Mine are a paltry 21" (on a 'good' day, sometimes less). To each their own, but I'm moving toward maintenance/slight surplus and building them up. Mine are a bit too lean for my body. Strength training only "bulks" if you're eating at a surplus, and as a female, takes a very long time to do so. The body can't create mass in a deficit, it simply cannot (cuz science and stuff).

Yeah, one of my big focuses this year is on strengthening and building my legs. My upper body strength comes along nicely but lower body is slow to respond. I finally figured out that heavy goblet squats and front squats are my friends as opposed to back squats (bench=95 lbs, back squat=60 lbs, hahahaboohoo.)

We all want what we haven't got.

• Sued0nim
    Sued0nim Posts: 17,456 Member
    edited January 2015
    Options
    I'm 5'8
    My right thigh is 22"....but my left is 22.6"
    <chuckles>

I can leg press 80kg
  • kaseyr1505
    kaseyr1505 Posts: 624 Member
    Options
    http://stronglifts.com/5x5/

Lifting makes you sexy.
  • williams969
    williams969 Posts: 2,528 Member
    Options
    rabbitjb wrote: »
    I'm 5'8
    <chuckles>

That's alright. My left calf: 13". Right calf 13.5" :\ 2015 is all about balancing this out.
  • Sued0nim
    Options
    rabbitjb wrote: »
    I'm 5'8
    <chuckles>

That's alright. My left calf: 13". Right calf 13.5" :\ 2015 is all about balancing this out.

I had to send some knee high boots back... they looked amazing on my right leg, but I couldn't pull them past my calf on my left ...asymmetry rocks :grinning: ....but I did love those boots <wails>
  • BusyRaeNOTBusty
    BusyRaeNOTBusty Posts: 7,166 Member
    Options
    Mine are 24.5". What do I win?
  • caliariel
    caliariel Posts: 1 Member
    Options
    I've had very muscular thighs my entire life, and I've got them down to 19" (I'm 5'5") I did it by running. No squats, no lunges, nada. I swear just watching someone do squats makes my thighs bigger. If you want slim and defined thighs, rather than thicker, muscular, and defined, stay far away from squats. I'm toning my legs now doing a Tracy Anderson video and my muscles are working in all the right places. Definitely recommend.
  • Sued0nim
    Options
    The internet?
  • BusyRaeNOTBusty
    BusyRaeNOTBusty Posts: 7,166 Member
    Options
    Would you be willing to share your stats? I've also heard that squats and lunges make legs appear larger.

No. I weigh 2lbs more than I did 4 years ago before I started lifting. I definitely appear smaller now.

2015 Progress Pictures
  • 100DaysToGetFitEmma16
    Options
    logg1e wrote: »
    Would you be willing to share your stats? I've also heard that squats and lunges make legs appear larger.

It would be a pleasure, what stats would you like?

I reserve the right to refuse some information though :)

I actually was asking http://www.myfitnesspal.com/dispatch/mobile/user/steff274/profile/steff274
  • 100DaysToGetFitEmma16
    Options

Your legs look amazing! Maybe I measured wronh bc mines look way different. h8dl7p6kcj8f.jpg

• La5Vega5Girl
    La5Vega5Girl Posts: 709 Member
    Options
    i keep a measurement of my thigh whenever i do my weekly measure (along with neck, chest, waist, hips) i honestly don't know what it is at the moment, but all i care about is that it gets smaller! LOL
  • 3laine75
    3laine75 Posts: 3,070 Member
    Options
    How, exactly, will squats and deadlifts reduce the circumference of the OP's thighs? If they do anything at all, they'll make the muscle bigger, the fat will still be there and the circumference will increase.

Tell that to my slimmer, harder thighs - and that's at surplus. Can't see how squats could possibly make them bigger at deficit - physics, baby! :smiley:
  • Tammiechan
    Tammiechan Posts: 2 Member
    Options
    You cannot spot reduce. Last place gained first place lost :neutral_face:
  • 100DaysToGetFitEmma16
    Options
    caliariel wrote: »
    I've had very muscular thighs my entire life, and I've got them down to 19" (I'm 5'5") I did it by running. No squats, no lunges, nada. I swear just watching someone do squats makes my thighs bigger. If you want slim and defined thighs, rather than thicker, muscular, and defined, stay far away from squats. I'm toning my legs now doing a Tracy Anderson video and my muscles are working in all the right places. Definitely recommend.

Thats what I've heard. What moves are in the video?
  • arditarose
    arditarose Posts: 15,575 Member
    Options
    Mine are bigger too. 24 inches now. I started at 26 inches. Lost two from calorie deficit while heavy lifting.