Thighs

Options
13»

Replies

• kellicci
    kellicci Posts: 409 Member
    Options
    I've always had bigger thighs. I don;t even like to measure them separately. lol When I measure my hips I am always actually measuring my upper thighs because that is the widest point for me.

Honestly, for some people genetics just will not allow you to spot reduce in some areas no matter what you do. I've tried running and I've tried squats etc. I get smaller but it's always proportional and my thighs still remain my biggest "attribute."

I'm 5'1" and trying to get back to under 130. When I get there I bet my combined thigh measurement (which most people call hips) will still be 38" and if I measured each one alone I think it would be 23" or 24". That being said, if I can fit into size my 3/4 jeans...who cares!?!
  • 100DaysToGetFitEmma16
    Options
    steff274 wrote: »
    How, exactly, will squats and deadlifts reduce the circumference of the OP's thighs? If they do anything at all, they'll make the muscle bigger, the fat will still be there and the circumference will increase.

Nearly 2 years ago I had big thunder thighs!! my thighs are tiny now!! I put that down to squats and lunges well and alot of cardio!! so it cant be true that it will just bulk your thighs up!!

Can you give your stats? :)
  • 100DaysToGetFitEmma16
    Options
    jemhh wrote: »
    How tall are you? 23" is not big. My thighs are 22.5" and I would hardly call them big or even a half inch from being big.

2014-12-31_151324_zpsebf1125f.jpg

I'm 5'2.5" and 143 pounds.
  • 100DaysToGetFitEmma16
    Options
    kellicci wrote: »
    I've always had bigger thighs. I don;t even like to measure them separately. lol When I measure my hips I am always actually measuring my upper thighs because that is the widest point for me.

Honestly, for some people genetics just will not allow you to spot reduce in some areas no matter what you do. I've tried running and I've tried squats etc. I get smaller but it's always proportional and my thighs still remain my biggest "attribute."

I'm 5'1" and trying to get back to under 130. When I get there I bet my combined thigh measurement (which most people call hips) will still be 38" and if I measured each one alone I think it would be 23" or 24". That being said, if I can fit into size my 3/4 jeans...who cares!?!

I'm in a size 8. :(
  • arditarose
    arditarose Posts: 15,575 Member
    Options
    Bodies are weird, yo.
  • kellicci
    kellicci Posts: 409 Member
    Options
    kellicci wrote: »

I'm in a size 8. :(

Okay...well let's be clear my size 3/4's are from Old Navy and they skew small (and are usually stretchy).
  • joleesierra
    Options
    How do you get rid of front cellulite on thighs?? I'm so insecure about my legs!
  • arditarose
    arditarose Posts: 15,575 Member
    Options
    How do you get rid of front cellulite on thighs?? I'm so insecure about my legs!

My front thigh "dimpling" was the last straw for me before I decided to lose weight. Eat at a deficit, lift heavy if you like (I think it does wonders), and see what happens! Mine is gone from the front and, back is 90% better.
  • Aviva92
    Aviva92 Posts: 2,333 Member
    edited January 2015
    Options
    How tall are you? 23" is not big. My thighs are 22.5" and I would hardly call them big or even a half inch from being big.

hmmmm, mine are around 23" and mine look huge, but mine are shaped differently than yours. yours look good. like kellicci, my thighs are the widest part when i measure my hips and it's entirely due to bone structure. there is bone there. they stick out. your thighs have more of a straight line from your hips. mine don't. because of my wide body and wide bones at my thighs, even with 23" thighs i have a huge thigh gap. i also have at most 12" calves, so it's out of proportion. i'm also 5'4" and only 105 pounds, so it's huge for my weight. my thighs are just entirely out of proportion to the rest of my body. sucks.

I'm not sure how big they were at my highest weight of 140 because I didn't measure them, but probably massive.
  • fatcity66
    fatcity66 Posts: 1,544 Member
    Options
    Pshhhh....23 inch thighs is probably my GOAL size.
  • Aviva92
    Aviva92 Posts: 2,333 Member
    edited January 2015
    Options
    fatcity66 wrote: »

it's not just the size as much that's the issue, it's that they are wide apart which makes them look bigger to me. thus thigh gap isn't the greatest thing ever. also that my calves are a lot smaller in comparison. if you are in proportion it doesn't really matter as much.
  • fatcity66
    fatcity66 Posts: 1,544 Member
    Options
    Aviva92 wrote: »
    fatcity66 wrote: »

it's not just the size as much that's the issue, it's that they are wide apart which makes them look bigger to me. thus thigh gap isn't the greatest thing ever. also that my calves are a lot smaller in comparison. if you are in proportion it doesn't really matter as much.

I've never had a thigh gap, even at my skinniest, but they did stop rubbing together when I walked. But I am 5'9" with a 36" inch inseam.
  • yirara
    yirara Posts: 9,441 Member
    Options

Wow, thanks for that! Mine are about the same size at their thickest but feel much thicker when I look in the mirror. Though I also have very strong calves and I do wonder if my above knee width is not a bit more at 38.40cm (did lose nearly 5cm though, and nearly 10 on my thighs!). I still don't fit into size 8 pants though, but I blame that mainly on those terrible tight lower leg on trousers and generally a body shape that is not really supported by fashion at the moment - wide pelvis but no belly to fill the front part *sigh* I think I have a serious pants frustration (and no, I don't want jeans or stretch trousers. Thanks).
  • logg1e
    logg1e Posts: 1,208 Member
    edited January 2015
    Options
    logg1e wrote: »
    Would you be willing to share your stats? I've also heard that squats and lunges make legs appear larger.

It would be a pleasure, what stats would you like?

I reserve the right to refuse some information though :)

I actually was asking http://www.myfitnesspal.com/dispatch/mobile/user/steff274/profile/steff274

Oh. How were we supposed to guess that? (Thanks to others who shared though, because I appreciated it).
  • be_patient
    be_patient Posts: 186 Member
    Options
    Far out I wish I had 23 inch thighs :( Mine are 29 is I'm guessing but my thighs have always been disproportionately larger than the rest of my body, even when I was 49 kg, resulting from years of state swimming. Not a bad thing, but don't think I'll ever get those nice thin thighs

I say go with a calorie deficit if you're looking to reduce the measurement, and especially if you're lifting. I joined the gym post swimming and squatted, and they inflated :/ Probably attributable to eating like a horse too though

Good luck and let us know how it goes!
  • Russandol
    Russandol Posts: 71 Member
    Options
    Mine are 24.5". What do I win?

Second place. :D Mine are 24.8" currently (which makes me horrified when I see all these "My thighs are 20 inches and I want to die" posts), which is a wee bit too much for 5'8" even if they're not all fat. :/ I've always had bulky/strong legs (which I suspect will remain that way even after I slim down since that's where my weight tends to stick), but thankfully my broad shoulders balance them out.
  • yirara
    yirara Posts: 9,441 Member
    Options
    Btw, as we're talking legs: does anyone else have 'liquid' fat? When I sit and lift up my legs they are quite lean on the top, and there's a bit blob of fat hanging underneath. That's certainly not the case when standing. But then they are quite a bit thicker above the knees.