Filling Breakfast?

Options
Hello, guys. I was on maitaince, but during emotional times in my life I gained few pounds back, so now I'm on my way to 1200 calories. My main problem is that I start my day with very light breakfast - Like one banana or fat-free yogurt and by before lunch I'm STARVING, then that leads to eating junk... and you know how it goes. Can you give me some ideas for fullfiling breakfast around 300-400-500 calories? I weight 55kg, trying to get down to my goal 50kg. PS. I don't like to eat eggs, especially in the mornings...

Replies

• KarenJanine
    KarenJanine Posts: 3,497 Member
    Options
    Porridge (oatmeal) is my go-to, especially in the colder months. I add protein powder which helps keep me fuller.

Greek yoghurt with fruit and granola is another high protein, filling brekkie.
  • vegout2
    vegout2 Posts: 14
    Options
    My standard savoury breakfast is avocado and hummus on rye. Full of essential fats and protein to keep you going until lunch. You could have smoked salmon or chicken if you don't like hummus. The problem with low fat is that it often means higher added sugar for mouth feel which effectively sabotages all your efforts. Get label smart and look at the sugar values of food . WHO guidelines recommend less than 50g sugar per day for good health.
  • mamadon
    mamadon Posts: 1,422 Member
    Options
    Here are a couple I do:
    1. 2 turkey sausage 100 cal, 1 fried egg 70 cal, 2 slices bread 120 cal, total 290
    2. 2 frozen (eggo) waffles 190 cal, 2 tbl sugar free jam (smuckers) 20 cal, 3 slices turkey bacon, 90 cal, total 300 calories
  • TheBigFb
    TheBigFb Posts: 649 Member
    Options
    PORRIDGE.
  • kimw91
    kimw91 Posts: 355 Member
    Options
    Could you not just have a snack between breakfast and lunch? My breakfast usually comes in at around 300-350 and then I'll have a piece of fruit or so before lunch to haul me over. But if you just want a larger breakfast, with the amount of calories you state, you could have a feast! Make sure it has a little of all of your macros as they'll help keep you full (granted your opting for slowly digesting carbs). Thus, you could have:
    • An omelette on toast with yogurt and berries (or a smoothie) on the side
    • Smoked salmon with eggs and avocado on toast
    • Oatmeal with fruit and nuts (or savory oatmeal)
    • A big bowl of quark with muesli (not granola) and fresh fruit
    • Pancakes with cottage cheese, fruit and nuts
    • A sandwich or wrap (egg/avocado, chicken/hummus, scrambled eggs/salmon, fried egg/ham etc.)
    • Toast with cottage cheese and fruit or grilled vegetables and tahini
  • saires_au
    saires_au Posts: 175 Member
    Options
    My favourite is yoghurt (I get one called sweet and creamy has 1/2 the sugar of a lot of them and isn't reduced fat)

100g yoghurt
    30g rolled oats
    5g flaked almonds or coconut
    Diced fresh fruit
    Normally under 300 cal (depending on fruit) yummy and filling

Low fat artificially sweetened yoghurt always leaves me unsatisfied
    Or pancakes with fresh fruit, light whipped cream and splash of maple syrup
  • elfin168
    elfin168 Posts: 202 Member
    Options
    Playing the devils advocate here...1200 cal is not very much. Im losing on 1600. sometimes a bit more - some times a bit less. And its pain free - stressless, easy to manage and Im never hungry. Why not up your calories - maybe lose a little slower - may be not - specially if you are not binging on junk cos you are starving
  • cityruss
    cityruss Posts: 2,493 Member
    Options
    Porridge, chocolate protein powder, peanut butter, chia seeds.

Porridge, vanilla protein powder, toffee flavdrops.

Protein pancakes with bacon.

Ryvita dark rye chrispbreads with creamcheese and pickled cucumber.
  • RodaRose
    RodaRose Posts: 9,562 Member
    Options
    A three and a half ounce steak is 277 calories. Add a piece of bread or fruit.
  • MissBabyJane
    MissBabyJane Posts: 538 Member
    Options
    Thank you, guyyyyyyyyys! Great ideas
  • Francl27
    Francl27 Posts: 26,372 Member
    Options
    Pasta and meatballs. Meat loaf and mashed potatoes. Endless possibilities if you don't stick to 'breakfast' foods.
  • prettygirlstorm1
    prettygirlstorm1 Posts: 722 Member
    Options
    My breakfast consists of egg beaters, 3 slices of turkey bacon and a banana. I make sure that I have a snack in between as I eat breakfast pretty early. I usually have a handful of almonds or a piece of fruit to hold me over til lunch time.
  • Milynne
    Milynne Posts: 95 Member
    Options
    My fave is 92 grams egg beaters omelet with a serving of sliced mushrooms, handful spinach and serving ff shredded cheddar cheese topped with 2tbs. Salsa. = less than 200 cals. I'll usually add coffee with creamer (105 cals) or half bagel thin with light swiss laughing cow cheese wedge (90 cal)

I also have a snack around 11 am to tide me over til my 1:30 pm lunch.
  • shannonstube
    shannonstube Posts: 64 Member
    Options
    I have been eating a greek yogurt with a serving of the high protein granola. That is around 220 calories. You could add an egg or two if you wanted to be closer to 300-400.
  • amgreenwell
    amgreenwell Posts: 1,268 Member
    Options
    SMOOTHIES!!! i use banana, yogurt, frozen berries...but you can do any combo. I usually eat a small snack about 3 hours later, then lunch two hours after that. works out well.
  • lisalsd1
    lisalsd1 Posts: 1,521 Member
    Options
    Protein: chicken breast, sausage, greek yogurt, tofu, nuts. You can eat anything you want for b'fast, there is no rule on what constitutes a "b'fast food."

But I'll tell you, a banana and fat-free yogurt wouldn't be appropriate b'fast foods for me. I eat at least 30 grams of protein in the morning, and I am good to go...to the gym.
  • myfitnesspal183
    Options
    Porridge
  • KellyL23
    KellyL23 Posts: 81 Member
    Options
    2 hardboiled eggs, a little bacon, a little guacamole, and then a cup of berries and some fresh veggies
  • hezzyfoofie
    hezzyfoofie Posts: 57 Member
    Options
    Two egg muffins (made on the weekend for the week) and rye bread or english muffin.

If you google egg muffins (or search on here I'm sure) you'll find loads of different recipes.

We also have a breakfast sandwich maker, that recreates the sandwiches you'd get at a fast food place. It's made by Hamilton Beach.
  • searsvls
    searsvls Posts: 164 Member
    Options
    A slice of toasted Ezekiel Bread (or any toast) topped with almond butter, a sliced banana, and a drizzle of honey