Very easy low cal breakfast ideas

Options
I love my sleep, so I do not leave much time in the morning for much of anything but the essentials. My husband usually makes me a bowl of cereal and brings it down for when I get out of the shower.

I am bored with the same thing! I end up with a growling stomach just 4 hours later.
I am looking for quick, make ahead but delish breakfast ideas!
Something under 250 calories would be great!
Take a look at my diary if you would like.

TIA!

Replies

• Elise4270
    Elise4270 Posts: 8,375 Member
    Options
    Now the calories might be a bit more than you want, but smoothies are great. You can change them up as often as you like. Might try oatmeal (raw), greek yogurt, frozen blueberries and maybe some flax. Key here is getting a good start on the protein so you wont be famished.

You can also tweak the calories, I like to allow a bit more for breakfast since work isn't sedentary.
  • michaelsmith2121
    michaelsmith2121 Posts: 1 Member
    Options
    How to make Healthy Freezer Breakfast Burritos https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=PNuVacydMNU
  • myfatass78
    myfatass78 Posts: 411 Member
    Options
    Baked Beans (1/2 can is about 240 cal). They are high in protein and iron. I have them with toast without butter. Yum.
  • timpaton1
    timpaton1 Posts: 4 Member
    Options
    Several weight loss plans ago :\ , I was eating bland wholegrain cereal for breakfast, and getting hungry to the point of distraction by mid morning (resulting in frequent raids on the chocolate machine). I tried increasing my breakfast size, until I was eating a ridiculous amount of porridge or weet-bix, getting horrible flatulence, and still getting hungry mid-morning.

A dumb idea I found on the interwebs to overcome mid-morning hunger is to skip breakfast altogether. Didn't believe it for a moment, but tried bringing my big box of weet-bix to work rather than eating it, expecting I'd be into it before 9:00. I took that box home again 2 months later, and have only eaten breakfast on special occasions for about 3 years now. It turns out I don't get hungry until I start eating.

Apparently it can take some people a bit of time to reset their metabolism to run happily on an empty tank without getting light-headed. I was all good from the beginning. Yours may vary.

I do a fairly hard 1 hour road bike ride a couple of mornings a week, and still don't eat until midday. I tried going longer on the bike without fuel - my bunch does 2-3 hours on a Saturday morning - and I survived without drama, but was really hitting the wall on the fast run back into town. So now I eat a couple of bananas before/during the Saturday ride, and I'm in contention for the town-line sprints again.

As I said, I started skipping breakfast several weight loss plans ago. It worked for a while, largely because I had pulled a bunch of energy intake out of my day. It stopped working because I started making up for it, eating really badly for the remaining two meals a day (and snacking badly in between lunch and dinner). But that also made it easy for me to get back on track once I started using MFP, because I still only have two meals a day to spread my planned intake across. I still get to eat big satisfying meals. 6 months of MFP and I've dropped 10kg (20#). Yay me.
  • boycottfat
    Options
    I like 2 eggs cooked in olive oil spray and add some broccoli and carrots...
  • kiwionamission
    kiwionamission Posts: 19 Member
    Options
    Scrambled eggs with spring onion and cheese or tomato
  • bren3jet
    bren3jet Posts: 33 Member
    Options
    I work nights and my go to pre-work meal lately has been protein pancakes. I always have a nap before going in and then have to shower and eat. I always leave it to the very last possible minute to wake up. So I have been making a couple batches of these for in the fridge and just microwave a serving. I like them so much I don't even need anything on them but sometimes I have them with applesauce.
  • Greeneyedgrl_24
    Greeneyedgrl_24 Posts: 34 Member
    Options
    I do plain Greek yogurt(Fage 2%) with a scoop of protein powder(Pure Protein vanilla) and use that as a dip for apples, berries, or any other fruit I have on hand. Soooo good and VERY filling and satisfying. It's around 250-300 calories depending on how much/what kinds of fruit you eat. Hope this helps.
  • tim579
    tim579 Posts: 4 Member
    Options
    2 slices of low sodium Smithfield bacon cook in microwave, 2 eggs over medium (use spray olive oil), one slice of low calorie white enriched bread toast from Publix. Very satisfying and only 268 calories. My wife only uses one egg which reduces calories to 194.
  • peanutbutterfly_
    Options
    Fruit Salad.
    Mango, pineapple, melon and berries. Yum. o:)<3
  • AmbitiousButRubbish
    AmbitiousButRubbish Posts: 246 Member
    Options
    I usually do coffee and a protein shake (200 calories). The best was when I did an low sugar oatmeal packet with water and a protein shake (250 calories). I never felt hungry.
  • amathew22
    amathew22 Posts: 9 Member
    Options
    I like scrambled eggs with a couple pours of Pace Hot/Chunky Picante sauce.
  • gemmadoel
    gemmadoel Posts: 39 Member
    Options
    Crushed up belvita biscuits with a couple spoonfuls of yogurt mixed up!
  • snowflake954
    snowflake954 Posts: 8,399 Member
    Options
    For breakfast I love a couple of Wasa crackers plus 28g (on each cracker) of Philidelphia. I used the light version, but switched to the classic and it's good. You can eat as many as you want to hit your goals. I always need a snack mid-morning so I limit myself to 2 at a time. Best. :)
  • BeTheChange352
    BeTheChange352 Posts: 253 Member
    Options
    yogurt and almonds or granola! cottage cheese and cashews or fruit! scrambled or hardboiled eggs.
  • Hearts_2015
    Hearts_2015 Posts: 12,031 Member
    Options
    Oatmeal with Sunflower Nut Butter yum :)
  • Anonycatgirl
    Anonycatgirl Posts: 502 Member
    Options
    Plain greek yogurt with fruit and a sprinkling of granola. (Granola is something you need to weigh carefully because it's calorie-dense, but I'm talking a tiny bit for crunch, nowhere near a serving.)
  • Hearts_2015
    Options
    Here's a great recipe that can be made ahead, frozen or refrigerated and is simple, yet satiating.

http://community.myfitnesspal.com/en/discussion/10032942/scrambled-egg-muffins/p1
  • HawtTamale
    HawtTamale Posts: 35 Member
    Options
    I make summer oats the night before and then just grab them out of the fridge in the morning (b/c I too like to stay in bed for as long as possible). They're also called refrigerator oats, but it's super easy to make and really really delicious for < 200 calories per serving.

I like eggs in the morning but I don't always have time to pull out a pan and cook them. So I microwave them. Two eggs, whip them up in a microwave safe coffee mug (this step is important or they'll explode!), add about a tbsp of water and any accoutrements (i.e. cheese, tomatoes, spinach, s&p, etc.) and put in micro for 45 seconds. Take it out and give it a stir and then add back into the micro for 45 seconds and it's done. They come out AMAZINGLY fluffy and light and delicious, and all in less than 2 minutes :smile: This also lets me make them at work.
  • Hearts_2015
    edited January 2015
    Options
    HawtTamale wrote: »
    I make summer oats the night before and then just grab them out of the fridge in the morning (b/c I too like to stay in bed for as long as possible). They're also called refrigerator oats, but it's super easy to make and really really delicious for < 200 calories per serving.

I like eggs in the morning but I don't always have time to pull out a pan and cook them. So I microwave them. Two eggs, whip them up in a microwave safe coffee mug (this step is important or they'll explode!), add about a tbsp of water and any accoutrements (i.e. cheese, tomatoes, spinach, s&p, etc.) and put in micro for 45 seconds. Take it out and give it a stir and then add back into the micro for 45 seconds and it's done. They come out AMAZINGLY fluffy and light and delicious, and all in less than 2 minutes :smile: This also lets me make them at work.

Nice! Didn't realize this would work... nice and quick. Thanks for the idea ;)

Regarding "Summer Oats"
    are you using Old Fashioned Oats or Steel Cut? You just make them the same way and put them in the fridge overnight? Would love the recipe if there is one... I've got some steel cut oats recipes but haven't made them in awhile.

Oatmeal is very satiating which is nice for Breakfast time.