Very easy low cal breakfast ideas

Options
2»

Replies

• snowflake930
    snowflake930 Posts: 2,188 Member
    Options
    Greek yogurt with fresh fruit, chia seeds, ground flax seed and unsweetened coconut flakes mixed in.
    Plain Cheerios with unsweetened almond milk and a piece of fruit.
  • Robin1109
    Robin1109 Posts: 231 Member
    Options
    I agree with the overnight oats. There are many recipes you can try. My favorites are the pumpkin and peanut butter banana. You can find some options here: http://www.theyummylife.com/Refrigerator_Oatmeal. Also, consider using greek yogurt and even almond milk to keep the calories reasonable. It's a lot of protein and should keep you full.

I also get in the habit of making a really yummy egg white frittata that's chock full of veges. If I make it Sunday night, I just heat up pieces each morning when I get to work or before I leave. Maybe try something like this: http://www.thegraciouspantry.com/clean-eating-garlic-mushroom-spinach-frittata/
  • Hearts_2015
    Hearts_2015 Posts: 12,031 Member
    Options
    myfatass78 wrote: »
    Baked Beans (1/2 can is about 240 cal). They are high in protein and iron. I have them with toast without butter. Yum.

I used to eat these growing up for dinner.. might have to try them for breakfast one morning. :)
  • Hearts_2015
    Hearts_2015 Posts: 12,031 Member
    Options
    Robin1109 wrote: »
    I agree with the overnight oats. There are many recipes you can try. My favorites are the pumpkin and peanut butter banana. You can find some options here: http://www.theyummylife.com/Refrigerator_Oatmeal. Also, consider using greek yogurt and even almond milk to keep the calories reasonable. It's a lot of protein and should keep you full.

I also get in the habit of making a really yummy egg white frittata that's chock full of veges. If I make it Sunday night, I just heat up pieces each morning when I get to work or before I leave. Maybe try something like this: http://www.thegraciouspantry.com/clean-eating-garlic-mushroom-spinach-frittata/

Thank you!
  • SarahE1092
    Options
    Wow! Thanks everyone! I love the idea of the eggs, I love love love eggs! So making them in the microwave would be super easy and quick! I also like the idea of oatmeal.
    I just need something that will keep me full so I am not starving by 10 am.
    Thanks again!
  • MaryCS62
    MaryCS62 Posts: 266 Member
    Options
    I make egg sandwiches the night before, wrap them up & heat them at work around 9am. Bread either 80-100 cal (2 slices low cal bread, light english muffin, flat rolls - can't remember what they're called, or 1/2 ww pita pocket, 50 cal egg beaters (6 tbsp/92 gm), sometimes a slice of canadien bacon (20 cal) or a light turkey breakfast sausage (33 cal), ff cheese slice (30 cal) or laughing cow light wedge (35 cal). High protein, low fat, & very tasty. Calorie range is 180 (light bread, no meat) to 218 ( 100 cal bread option, & higher calorie meat & cheese alternative). Keeps me full at least 3 hours, which either gets me to a snack or lunchtime.
  • HawtTamale
    HawtTamale Posts: 35 Member
    Options
    Robin1109 wrote: »

These are the recipes I use. The only difference for me is I use Silk coconut milk (b/c I am in love with it) and I don't add in the extra sugars (b/c I don't enjoy overly sweet breakfast items). It's how I get my servings to be < 200 cals. The chocolate banana is like eating icecream :P And I definitely use Fage 2% Greek Yogurt to up the protein power of these babies. Gives it a lot of staying power. Sometimes I can only eat half, and then I save the other half for a snack before lunch.
  • skinnymumpy
    Options
    SarahE1092 wrote: »
    I love my sleep, so I do not leave much time in the morning for much of anything but the essentials. My husband usually makes me a bowl of cereal and brings it down for when I get out of the shower.

I am bored with the same thing! I end up with a growling stomach just 4 hours later.
    I am looking for quick, make ahead but delish breakfast ideas!
    Something under 250 calories would be great!
    Take a look at my diary if you would like.

TIA!

Low cal plain yogurt, about 3 heap tablespoons, mixed with about 2 tablespoons of jumbo oats. Add a few frozen berries and a dash of low fat milk so it is a fairly loose mix. Leave overnight in fridge and it will become thick and tasy. You can add finely chopped apple or half banana. This keeps me going til lunchtime. I have maintained weight loss with this start to most days..☺
  • Craigberrow
    Craigberrow Posts: 42 Member
    Options
    MaryCS62 wrote: »
    I make egg sandwiches the night before, wrap them up & heat them at work around 9am. Bread either 80-100 cal (2 slices low cal bread, light english muffin, flat rolls - can't remember what they're called, or 1/2 ww pita pocket, 50 cal egg beaters (6 tbsp/92 gm), sometimes a slice of canadien bacon (20 cal) or a light turkey breakfast sausage (33 cal), ff cheese slice (30 cal) or laughing cow light wedge (35 cal). High protein, low fat, & very tasty. Calorie range is 180 (light bread, no meat) to 218 ( 100 cal bread option, & higher calorie meat & cheese alternative). Keeps me full at least 3 hours, which either gets me to a snack or lunchtime.

• terricherry2
    terricherry2 Posts: 222 Member
    Options
    I made my own bircher for this morning and it was yum. Rolled oats, whatever yoghurt you like and some berries. Mix together the night before and just grab it out the fridge in the morning. Came in at just over 300cals.
  • kynshiri
    Options
    I used to eat a larger breakfast like sandwiches with cheese or something, but changed it to fresh fruit some time ago.
    I do not get grumpy and hungry before 11 anymore and i start with a lot of extra vitamines that i lacked in my formar diet
  • Camo_xxx
    Camo_xxx Posts: 1,082 Member
    Options
    For grab and go breakfast you can prep ahead of time it's hard to beat hardboiled eggs and string cheese.
    The Fat and protein keep you full and satisfied much longer then carbs plus being modular items you can quickly tailor the calories to suit your needs. If you have the time then it's hard to beat eggs cooked to suit your mood. FYI.... I can make a cheese and avacado omelet in about 4 minutes time. Throw a warm tortilla around it and you not only get your carbs but a meal to go. Eggs , it's what's for breakfast in my house.
  • sarajames123
    sarajames123 Posts: 11 Member
    Options
    Jimmy Dean breakfast sandwiches : one minute in the microwave, delicious, and 220 calories. Eat it in the car on the way to work to save time.
  • NikonPal
    NikonPal Posts: 1,346 Member
    edited January 2015
    Options
    None of these meals took me a great time to prepare. I strongly believe that our food satisfaction comes from “how it is presented.” I never eat from a container. The last thing I want is to eat a meal that screams “I’m eating diet food.” Bon Appétit :)

MyBreakfastRecipes1_zpsc5ce6454.jpg

20150113_084952_breakfast_1_zpsd32914fb.jpg

20150117_080339_breakfast_blank_zpsbd0e95a6.jpg

20150118_092447_breakfastingredients_zpsa045584d.jpg

73641431.png
  • DeWoSa
    DeWoSa Posts: 496 Member
    Options
    SarahE1092 wrote: »
    I love my sleep, so I do not leave much time in the morning for much of anything but the essentials. My husband usually makes me a bowl of cereal and brings it down for when I get out of the shower.

I am bored with the same thing! I end up with a growling stomach just 4 hours later.
    I am looking for quick, make ahead but delish breakfast ideas!
    Something under 250 calories would be great!
    Take a look at my diary if you would like.

TIA!

Four hours later is pretty good! I eat every four hours. Otherwise I'm hungry and grumpy.

Thanks for posting this thread -- I'm getting some good ideas for breakfast.
  • jenglish712
    jenglish712 Posts: 497 Member
    Options
    Eggs are my go to if I have time. For a real rush, I think greek yogurt with a handful of berries is hard to beat. Enough sugar to wake me up and enough protein to keep me full
  • MKEgal
    MKEgal Posts: 3,250 Member
    Options
    250 calories?? Why would you want to eat so little for breakfast?
    Eating about half your calories for breakfast, a medium lunch, and a small snack for dinner leads to more weight loss than the same amount of calories eaten on the American plan.
    (See the last half of this post for the studies.)
    It's something I aim for, but don't always reach... The last few days I've been at 400 out of 1400. :frowning: Throw in a yogurt and that's about 500 - 530, which is still low.

But if you want to keep eating a snack for breakfast, increase your protein & fiber to help feel non-hungry longer.
    Greek yogurt + fruit (maybe add 1/4 c dry oats)
    scrambled eggs with sauteed veggies & a splash of cheese for flavor (or salsa!)
    hard-boiled eggs & a piece of fruit (bonus: portable to eat on the run)
    a piece of whole-wheat bread + peanut butter + skim milk

51637601.png