Replies

• RoadDog
    RoadDog Posts: 2,946 Member
    Options
    Doug
  • b00b0084
    b00b0084 Posts: 730 Member
    Options
    I'll steal a page from the royal wedding madness... Pippa?

:drinker: :flowerforyou: :drinker: :laugh: :drinker: :flowerforyou: :drinker:
  • Sarahr73
    Sarahr73 Posts: 454 Member
    Options
    I like people names for animals too. My old cat was named Charles and my new cat is Hemingway. Maybe you could do a name from your favorite movie? I got my cat from the Humane Society and before I picked him out I was going to go with Rhett from Gone With the Wind, but his name was too good to change. You could go with Scarlett or O'hara???
  • cbratthauer
    cbratthauer Posts: 228 Member
    Options

Ok so don't make fun of me but who is Pippa? I don't really watch a lot of well... anything, because I just don't have the time! lol
  • rainunrefined
    rainunrefined Posts: 850 Member
    Options
    Riley is our female lab's name - good name! :)
  • cbratthauer
    Options
    I like people names for animals too. My old cat was named Charles and my new cat is Hemingway. Maybe you could do a name from your favorite movie? I got my cat from the Humane Society and before I picked him out I was going to go with Rhett from Gone With the Wind, but his name was too good to change. You could go with Scarlett or O'hara???

I'm actually really into the Twilight movies, but we already decided our first daughter's name is going to be Bella so that's out... I kind of like Esme but not 100% sure on it
  • kathyhull
    kathyhull Posts: 327 Member
    Options
    We have Miss Jazz Min (lady at the pound helped my kids name her but they didn't know how to spell Jasmine) and Noodle (I had a dream that we got a dog named Noodle so we went to the pound the next day and got a puppy to go with the name) and a cat named Boots (got him when Clinton was in office and he had already taken Socks so we chose the next best thing for our tuxedo cat with 4 white paws). Of course the boys always introduce Noodle as "Pasta" or "Spaghetti".

I've always wanted to name a pet Chishom but so far haven't had the right pet for that.
  • b00b0084
    b00b0084 Posts: 730 Member
    Options

Ok so don't make fun of me but who is Pippa? I don't really watch a lot of well... anything, because I just don't have the time! lol
    Pippa is Princess Cathrines sister. Kate and Will just got married last week. Took over the TV in the morning
  • cbratthauer
    Options

Pippa is Princess Cathrines sister. Kate and Will just got married last week. Took over the TV in the morning
    [/quote]

I knew about the Royal Wedding and Kate and William's names just not the pets I guess :happy:
  • malabaugh
    malabaugh Posts: 130 Member
    Options
    Lola?
    I like Riley too-Harley and Riley-has a nice ring to it.
  • foodforfuel
    foodforfuel Posts: 569 Member
    Options
    My friend had a doberman named Cayenne (like the pepper). I thought that was a great name.
  • sbwood888
    sbwood888 Posts: 953 Member
    Options
    Cutest girl name ever
    GABBY! :glasses:
  • ka_42
    ka_42 Posts: 720 Member
    Options
    I am sooooooooo excited, our friends gave my fiance and I a pitbull puppy from their litter as an early wedding gift!!! We have two dogs and a cat already, a Jack Russel (Shorty) a Lab Husky mix (Harley) and our cat (Ryno), but we can't seem to agree on a new name for this puppy. I love Luna but he says he doesn't like the na part, what does that even mean? Lol. I really want a unique name for her, does anybody have any suggestions??

That is so funny! my boyfriend and I are talking about getting a second doggy. We were discussing girl names (we already have one girl) and my boyfriend suggested Luna! I like it but I already loved the name I picked... Myra. Tori Amos is one of our mutual favorite musicians and Myra is her real name. i thought it was fitting because I love that we both love her and have that in common- not usually someone a man likes! Anyway, Luna is a cute name! Maybe you can convince him. Our other doggies name is Bella (she's not named after the twilight chick, shes 5).
  • crystal10584
    crystal10584 Posts: 334
    Options

I knew about the Royal Wedding and Kate and William's names just not the pets I guess :happy:
    [/quote]

it's not a pet, it's Kate's sister. LOL... :laugh:
  • crystal10584
    crystal10584 Posts: 334
    Options

[/quote]

it's not a pet, it's Kate's sister. LOL... :laugh:
  • KrisPage
    KrisPage Posts: 539 Member
    Options
    give her a long name that shortens to something cute like Whillamina and call her minnie, or sasafrass and call her sassy,
    or look for a marking to decide the name if she has a white tip to her tail or toes name her tippy, or if she has all white feet socks or boots are cute too.
  • Jill_newimprovedversion
    Jill_newimprovedversion Posts: 988 Member
    Options
    This is me: When I named my children, we pre-selected the names before they were born.
    Different with the pets- I wait till they develop their own distinctiveness as a puppy/kitten- and I end up with a name that picks them instead. Never has been a wrong choice.

PS....the kitten portrayed in my profile shot is named Hershey. She came from a Chocolate Shoppe.
  • theprices
    theprices Posts: 97 Member
    Options
    we named one of our girls Diesel....we love it and it suits her very well!
  • ka_42
    ka_42 Posts: 720 Member
    Options
    I named my pit bull puppy "Ginger", however she was raised sleeping in my bed every night and was very loved and spoilled, but somehow still grew up to be an aggressive and scary dog so she was put down. rip my little Ginger :(

good luck with yours. I know they arent all like that. I did my best to make her a loving dog but it didnt work.

That's sad!!! I used to have a pitbull but had to give her up because of my crazy work/school schedule and never being home to take care of her. She was 1 when I got her and 2 when I got rid of her, and the sweetest dog ever. A lot of my friends have pits too... My fiance wasn't crazy about letting them give her to me because she's a pit but I printed off a bunch of statistics and stuff to give to him. I'm very persistant when I want something lol. I think once he's around her and sees he'll be a lot happier with his decision :) Plus she'll be growing up around other dogs, a cat, and kids so she will be exposed to everything right away! We have a dog trainer that we will be getting lessons from as well. Since we don't have any kids of our own (just nieces and nephews) I pretty much spend all my money on our dogs and cat lol

I have a dog that is an "aggressive" breed as well. My Bella is a rottweiler. She is the sweetest dog ever! It's all about the training! Dogs are how you teach them to be... not that the other poster taught her dog to be aggressive but they usually get that way because something is missing that they need such as LOTS of exercise and attention. Plus knowing who's boss. I read recently that we should be walking our doggy for 45 minutes a day at the minimum. Dogs are a lot of work- but they also help motivate you to get a walk in! So that's nice!
  • KrisPage
    KrisPage Posts: 539 Member
    Options
    also fun to give them names like DOG, D.O.G or Deogi