Protein

Options
hey everyone. I need to up my protein intake but can't figure out how. I work at a childcare center that's but free so all nuts are not an option. I have protein powder but I'm not a fan of shakes. And don't have the time to make them and I don't want I waste calories on a shake. Any ideas for foods to add to my lunches or even just for snacks that are protein heavy and affordable?

Replies

• cricktbg
    cricktbg Posts: 1 Member
    Options
    Egg whites and turkey lunch meat
  • mclelis
    mclelis Posts: 26 Member
    Options
    String Cheese, Boca Burgers, Protein Bars
  • elleinaDanielle
    Options
    Hardboiled eggs make great snacks! You could omit the yolk if you wanted to. Have you tried any protein bars? I'm sure you could find nut-free ones on the shelves somewhere!
  • _Silver_
    _Silver_ Posts: 21 Member
    Options
    1is76f532lqj.jpg
  • Bukeelaka
    Options
    ditto the hard boiled eggs. I also pick up a whole rotisserie chicken or whole roast beef from the hot & ready section at the grocery store, take it home & slice or shred the meat to use in meals/snacks. I keep it in ziplock containers in the fridge. I'll add it to canned soups, salads, sandwiches, quiche, etc.
  • jordanveg
    jordanveg Posts: 20 Member
    Options
    Beans, meat, dairy, tofu, and seitan are all good options.
  • Bukeelaka
    Options
    If you eat fish, those little tuna tins with the pull tab are also a convenient way to get that protein.
  • JennafurC
    JennafurC Posts: 65 Member
    Options
    Quinoa!!! Its high in protein and can be used in SO MANY WAYS. Add it to a regular garden salad, make a salad out of it adding balsamic, avocado, edamame (another high protein food), use it as a side dish, eat it in the morning in addition or instead of oatmeal, make baked quinoa bites (pinterest!) for handy snacks. Possibilities are endless
  • Bukeelaka
    Options
    Also cottage cheese!
  • WFBspantran
    WFBspantran Posts: 59 Member
    Options
    I will take chicken (boneless/skinless) and slow cook it for 8-10 hours, usually overnight. It shreds and besides in meals I will pack some plain or with sauces (measured) for protein snacks as well throughout the day.
  • k2mexox
    k2mexox Posts: 72 Member
    Options
    Thank you everyone!! I haven't thought of the quinoa so I that's a good choice and I keep forgetting about dairy!! You guys are awesome!