Day one of 5/2 diet, anyone else trying it?

Options
2»

Replies

• melaniecheeks
    melaniecheeks Posts: 6,349 Member
    Options
    2 days a week you eat a very low amount of calories. Up to 500 for women, 600 for men.
    The other 5 days you eat at around your maintenance level.
  • naoxxx
    naoxxx Posts: 26 Member
    Options
    @MrsGraves1987‌ the first day I tried spreading the calories out over the day and really struggled but today I haven't eaten anything yet and plan to have one meal around 6pm. It's weird but I have found today far easier.
  • naoxxx
    Options
    @billieljaime‌ I've been doing the 12:12 rather too well over the last year!
  • arelizibarguen82
    Options
    :)
  • Karen_DisneyFan
    Karen_DisneyFan Posts: 130 Member
    Options
    I love 5:2 Intermittent Fasting! I normally fast on Monday & Thursday so today is a fast day for me (#39). I'll eat somewhere between 450 - 500 calories depending on what I eat for dinner this evening. I'm in the US so it's still mid-morning for me :) You will get used to being somewhat hungry - just tell yourself your stomach is eating up your fat, lol - and then have a big glass of water. And if you find yourself really craving something or ready to cave in, have another big glass of water and tell yourself that you can have it *tomorrow!*

Good luck!!
  • emilaschr
    Options
    Hi. I tryed 5:2 last year + fitness classes and worked brilliant. Was hard for the first couple weeks but after that was ok. Gym help me with healthy eating and stayed strong for the rest days. Now I back on again but is easier because I know what to do.
  • naoxxx
    Options
    @Karen_DisneyFan‌ I'm finding it easier since I started saving all my calories for one meal in the evening. I also find I fill up really quickly too and I only ended up having around 400 calories on Thursday and that was including a mini chocolate bar!

Thank you for the advice about imagining my stomach is eating my fat when I'm hungry, I've found that really works for me :)
  • naoxxx
    Options
    @emilaschr‌ did u exercise on fast days?
  • emilaschr
    Options
    Hi yes
  • MrsGraves1987
    MrsGraves1987 Posts: 162 Member
    Options
    @naoxxx How are you getting on?
  • kacieschappert
    kacieschappert Posts: 2 Member
    Options
    I've been doing the 5:2 for 2 weeks now and I've actually started to look forward to the "fast days." It's like a reset button and for some reason, I'm not actually starving the next day. In 2 weeks, I have lost 4 pounds. Happy with the progress so far. I drink a lot of green tea and eat high protein on my fast days to sustain me. Good luck!
  • kacieschappert
    kacieschappert Posts: 2 Member
    Options
    I personally think the complete fast is easiest- not eating after 6:00pm the night before, then fasting until 11:00am-12:00pm the next day. Eating a very light lunch and then light dinner (500 calories total). If I start the day with some food, I'm hungry ALL. DAY. LONG.