Have you tried GLP1 medications and found it didn't work for you? We'd like to hear about your experiences, what you tried, why it didn't work and how you're doing now. Click here to tell us your story

Tall Ladies 5'10 and up please

13»

Replies

• AmazonMayan
    AmazonMayan Posts: 1,168 Member
    I'm 6' and have lots and lots to lose. I'm still near the beginning of my journey. I can't go below 165 without looking sickly - my big hips look very very thin in a size 10 jeans. I am what they call big-boned so some of the charts also can be wrong for me. I look still slim and trim up to 190-200. My eventual final goal will be around 180 (setting smaller goals as stepping stones for now)
  • KatieKAZ2Y5
    KatieKAZ2Y5 Posts: 1 Member
    At 6'1" I've always been thin, so when I noticed myself eating nonstop during and after the holidays (thanks mom for that extra large bag of Pomegranate Brookside chocolates...that I ate in one weekend) I knew I had put on a few pounds. But when I stepped on the scale and saw 170 I had to make a change. In high school I weighed around 145 pounds, by the time I finished college in 2013 I was up at 155 - I figured I beat the Freshman 15 so I was good. Well I'm hoping to get back to about 150. No EXACT weight I want to be but I would like to be at or under 155 again. It's all what you're comfortable with and what you're used to. I know some shorter girls say they feel skeletal at this weight I am now - but to me this is the heaviest I've been.

Keep up the good work ladies and stick with the healthy lifestyle!
  • strongbeanthecat
    strongbeanthecat Posts: 8 Member
    Hi tall ladies! I'm 5'10'' and at 167 lbs, but I'd like to drop down to 150. I just started wearing a Fitbit and tracking my walking after my desk job caught up with me (woof, that was an easy 10 lbs), and I've started taking a variety of cardio classes 3-4 times a week.
  • a_candler
    a_candler Posts: 209 Member
    I'm 5'11" and got up to 192 before finding MFP and kicking this weight. I initially wanted to loose the 20lbs I'd kept on since being pregnant 2 years ago. Well that happened pretty fast so kept on going. I'm at 160 now and thinking 150 might be my last goal.
  • LookAWalrus
    LookAWalrus Posts: 52 Member
    edited January 2015
    I'm 5'10 and 155. My goal weight is between 140-145. I haven't been below 170 in maybe 10 years (I'm 24) and I've never been at the weight I probably should be at, so I don't know what feels best. Here's the thing, at 170 and 155 I don't look much different. Saggier sure, because I had a baby (220), but I carried the weight well. So it really depends on what your body shape can handle.
  • Cait1122
    Cait1122 Posts: 13 Member
    I am 5'10 3/4 and I started at 275 in spring of 2012. I got down to 219 and had some life changes and what not, but I never really gained a lot back. I'm at 225 now and I've finally got myself in gear to lose more. I've always had a goal of 180. Then I will go from there to see if I need to lose more.. But right now, I think I'd just be happy if I got below 200. Lol
  • quara
    quara Posts: 255 Member
    I'm about 5'10, and my highest weight was 175 and my lowest was 130. 130 was far too low (that was a size 4 for me) and it wasn't healthy or maintainable. My "happiest" weight was about 140-145. I am currently 160 (about a size 10) and I would like to get back to 150 or maybe a little lower.
  • Headtothemountains
    Headtothemountains Posts: 36 Member
    I'm 6'1 and currently around 215, just started tracking and am hoping to get to a fit 170ish. Aiming for it by summer! Feel free to add me :)
  • azulvioleta6
    azulvioleta6 Posts: 4,195 Member
    brain328 wrote: »

I'm 6'0" tall with a wide bone structure! Hips, shoulders, I could be a line backer ;) That's why I stopped looking at the numbers like the only option. Even after I lost 100 lbs that stupid BMI still says I'm "obese". My goal is to feel good about my body and lower my body fat %, that's all I care about these days. Being tall throws a lot of calculations off the charts for girls, so I quit using them!

I'm just glad to currently be the size of a college linebacker instead of the size of an NFL linebacker. :) I take after my father, who was a football player, and sadly not after either of my grandmothers, both of whom were professional dancers.

I also have really big, straight shoulders--which, yes, throws off the charts, but I think that clothes hang really nicely from broad, strong shoulders, so I am OK with it.

I'm having a hard time wrapping my mind around those of you who are 5'10" but aiming for 140 or 150...are you very flat chested? Short-waisted? Small-boned?

• ClaresTime
    ClaresTime Posts: 8 Member
    I'm 5'11 and at my highest of 286lbs.

I'm not really sure where my goal weight will be. I vaguely remember being 160lbs in high school and feeling huge next to my friends. With age has come an acceptance that I am tall and an hourglass shape, I don't want to lose too many curves so I'm aiming for 180lbs and see how I feel there.
  • SDB210
    SDB210 Posts: 100 Member
    ilti9s9l35bh.jpg

Hi, I am 5ft 11.5in and currently 175 lbs having lost 12lbs in four weeks of using myfitnesspal. I always thought of myself as slim, but as the years have gone by the weight has consistently crept on. I'm lucky I carry my weight quite evenly all over. When I reached 187lbs though and a uk size 14 I wasn't happy. Especially as my BMI put me in the overweight section.
    The image attached shows my weight at three points, the first pic i was a uk size 8 and I think I looked too skinny, but then again I was only 18! And the middle pic is what I'm aiming for and I think I was a uk size 10. If I can get back there I'll be happy and nip this creeping weight gain in the bud! 12 lbs down, 21lbs to go.