Weight loss & breast loss?

Options

Replies

• nsides0427
    nsides0427 Posts: 56 Member
    Options
    i've always been a barely b. with my weight gain, i finally made it to be b cup. so when i started losing weight i wasnt too worried cause i didnt think it would change up there too much.

but suddenly my pants no longer fit. i always had a great butt. everyone said it. bubble butt on a white girl!!! now, it's completely gone... but i've still got that b cup *grumble grumble*

Oh my gosh this for me as well! I alwaaaaays had a bubble butt even in high school when I was tiny. Now that I'm losing weight it's going away! What the heck! Super sad face
  • ttcbelieve
    ttcbelieve Posts: 181 Member
    Options
    Lainx20 wrote: »
    Any tips? Thanks in advance ladies. I've been so happy and excited about new fitness and this is really disappointing for me.

Yes :smiley: Have a going any party for the boobs

Get use to it....its going to happen. Its terrible, i hate that it happens but the alternative is....Keep the boobs, Keep the weight....I'm guessing you don't want that

:smiley:
  • registrek
    Options
    xcalygrl wrote: »
    It is all dependent on the person. Boobs are made up of fat and breast tissue. If your boobs are higher fat to breast tissue ratio, you will lose more of them than if they were more breast tissue to fat. Unfortunately, there is nothing you can do to keep from losing the fat in your boobs (genetics play into where you lose your weight from).

Thank you for actually explaining it correctly.

I have dense breasts, so very little fat. But ladies, that's a high risk for breast cancer. Be aware.

Thanks for the advice
  • BusyRaeNOTBusty
    BusyRaeNOTBusty Posts: 7,166 Member
    Options
    They are just boobs.

giphy.gif
  • acquilla30
    acquilla30 Posts: 147 Member
    Options
    Debmal77 wrote: »
    It's lose people. Loose is what you want your pants to be.......
    Lol that drives me crazy too
  • CatDeeDeeDee
    CatDeeDeeDee Posts: 20 Member
    Options
    I am looking forward to the day that I lose weight in my boobs. I'm a 36H and I can't stand it. I'm so afraid that when I lose the weight I wanna lose that my boobs will look so grossly out of proportion on me :( I just hope and pray...
  • vanessalillian82
    vanessalillian82 Posts: 350 Member
    edited January 2015
    Options
    It's the first place I lose weight and the last place I gain it, and I'm not especially big-chested to start with. But I try to look upon it as a sacrifice to being healthier and slimmer all over! And the people who mentioned proportion were right - if you're slim, smaller breasts don't look out of place. I figure as long as I can't see my stomach over my boobs it's all good :wink:
  • arditarose
    arditarose Posts: 15,575 Member
    Options
    When my boobs went from small to smaller, I cried. I'm not normally the type of person to go crying over how my body looks, so I was surprised at myself. I was surprised I felt like less of a woman and they were actually small enough for me to be a little embarrassed being seen naked. At the time my whole body was changing and looking a little funky though, and it just all shocked me.

Fast forward 20 pounds later, the boobs are teeny tiny. Do I get jealous of C cups sometimes? Yes. But, I have these hips. I'm going to get the butt of my dreams. We can't all have it all.
  • cynthiamm67
    cynthiamm67 Posts: 52 Member
    Options
    I would love to lose some in the girls. I've lost 50 lbs and I'm falling out of a 40H. I pay a fortune for bras. Sigh
  • myfatass78
    myfatass78 Posts: 411 Member
    Options
    yeah that one of the things that messed with my head. One day and I looked down and went "Oh my god, what is THAT ???" as I no longer recognised them. On the upside I was able to wear a two piece.
  • a_candler
    a_candler Posts: 209 Member
    Options
    I was never blessed in the boob dept. The only time they were remotely nice was during breastfeeding and frankly because of that very thing they are now droopy. I've gone from a 36B to 34A. I'm a pear shape and even though I'm all boney up top with now small boobs still have about 10+ pounds to go off the bottom. I too am saving for a boob job now. I want to give it some time in maintenance mode, so probably won't be until this time next year.
  • cocmares
    cocmares Posts: 27 Member
    Options
    I freakin' love it when the chicks start talking boobs. Now ladies, remember. Without pics, it never happened.

lol nice
  • blankiefinder
    blankiefinder Posts: 3,599 Member
    Options
    I'm now down 32 lbs, almost to goal, and that was the first place I lost weight :| -2 inches right off the bat it seemed like. I haven't dropped any more inches there since, but I realized yesterday that even though the measurement hasn't changed, they seem like pancakes now! :'( UGH

I guess that's what 3 years of breastfeeding, middle age and weight-loss can do :(
  • jessieleah
    jessieleah Posts: 204 Member
    Options
    That's been the one downside of weight loss (along with being cold 24/7). I went from a 38C (although I was probably pushing a 40) down to a 34B, but I can comfortably fit into A cups too. :/ It sucks, but I'd rather be thin with tiny boobs than fat with moderate-but-still-small-proportionately boobs.
  • kalm3
    kalm3 Posts: 67 Member
    Options
    Lainx20 wrote: »
    I've been pretty successful losing about 21 lbs since end of Nov2014 and now I'm noticing a considerable ahem... Small sizing of my chest. I still have about 20 lbs to go to my goal weight and I'm freaking out that when I get there I won't have any left! Has this happened to you? Any tips? Thanks in advance ladies. I've been so happy and excited about new fitness and this is really disappointing for me.

They do shrink considerably, but it will eventually taper off lol. Don't worry about that my experience has been once you feel better all over that won't feel like an issue. Plus there are many many bra options nowadays. lol Best of luck!
  • SusanDLP
    SusanDLP Posts: 36 Member
    edited January 2015
    Options
    Genetics play a tremendous role. Despite weight fluctuations over the years, mine have never shrunk. :( My back aches. Fibrocystic breasts tend to be very heavy. I am having a reduction on 3/20! So excited. No more wearing 3 sport bras.
  • imabeevampire
    imabeevampire Posts: 166 Member
    Options
    Currently my bra size is 34j

that's right J!!!

I'm hoping I lose a bit of weight. I miss my DD boobs :(
  • Treadmillmom1st
    Treadmillmom1st Posts: 579 Member
    Options
    Sorry. Join the club. I lost 22 lbs 4 years ago and yep I've lost everything in the boob area. Initially the skin on my boobs looked loose and wrinkly, just awful, but 4 years later the skin is smoother, tighter and stronger pec muscles make them appear rounder and a little lifted, so they are tiny but not as empty looking as they did immediately after weight loss. Silicone bras are my friend.
  • scrittrice
    scrittrice Posts: 345 Member
    Options
    Sorry. Join the club. I lost 22 lbs 4 years ago and yep I've lost everything in the boob area. Initially the skin on my boobs looked loose and wrinkly, just awful, but 4 years later the skin is smoother, tighter and stronger pec muscles make them appear rounder and a little lifted, so they are tiny but not as empty looking as they did immediately after weight loss. Silicone bras are my friend.

I, too, have found that that "empty looking" quality and the weird wrinkly skin went away after I switched from a deficit to maintenance, which is a big improvement, and weight-lifting definitely helps as well. I'm in the camp of people happy to have gone down a size, both because they're more proportional and because I found they got in the way of exercise, but I'd say you won't really know for a while what they're ultimately going to look like, so definitely wait at least a year before doing anything drastic (i.e., surgery).
  • tmm_0127
    tmm_0127 Posts: 545 Member
    Options
    100% normal, really nothing to do about it. At my highest weight of 170, I was a 38D, lowest weight I was a 32 nearly-A. It tends to be the first place I start to lose weight, which is annoying because buying bras can be expensive, so I generally just live in sports bras.
Do you Love MyFitnessPal? Have you crushed a goal or improved your life through better nutrition using MyFitnessPal?
Share your success and inspire others. Leave us a review on Apple Or Google Play stores!