Deadlift grip slip...ideas?

13»

Replies

• GothyFaery
    GothyFaery Posts: 762 Member
    I have the exact same problem with my hands sweating as soon as I start my work out. I bought some chalk thinking it would help and it literally did nothing but make a mess. My hands just sweat right through it. I haven't tried the liquid chalk so maybe it works better but unfortunately, chalk may not be your answer. I haven't been able to find any real solution for me besides doing less reps and wiping my hands off between.
  • JoRocka
    JoRocka Posts: 17,525 Member
    JoRocka wrote: »
    Liquid chalk really dries your hands out even after you remove it. (At least mine.) If your man enough, moisturize the heck out of them afterwards. I have to moisturize my hands afterwards - especially in winter - my old parched skin dries and bleeds.

LOL- god- why is using lotion so hard for men- just DO IT. LOL- lizard skin isn't sexy.

I'm just kidding Jo (I have two bottles by my desk, one in my car, and two in gym bag and in all my bathrooms) - actually I agree with you completely. Lizard skin ain't sexy unless you're a lizard then carry on!

LOL- you'd be surprised- my fricking boyfriend thinks it's like poison- I'm like- seriously- get over yourself - it's winter- this is not that hard. I don't except or want you to have baby bottom smooth skin but for the love of Christ- once a week at least.
  • giantrobot_powerlifting
    giantrobot_powerlifting Posts: 2,598 Member
    edited January 2015
    Liquid chalk really dries your hands out even after you remove it. (At least mine.) If your man enough, moisturize the heck out of them afterwards. I have to moisturize my hands afterwards - especially in winter - my old parched skin dries and bleeds.

LOL- god- why is using lotion so hard for men- just DO IT. LOL- lizard skin isn't sexy.

I'm just kidding Jo (I have two bottles by my desk, one in my car, and two in gym bag and in all my bathrooms) - actually I agree with you completely. Lizard skin ain't sexy unless you're a lizard then carry on!

LOL- you'd be surprised- my fricking boyfriend thinks it's like poison- I'm like- seriously- get over yourself - it's winter- this is not that hard. I don't except or want you to have baby bottom smooth skin but for the love of Christ- once a week at least.
    LOL... tell him that a mineral oil (i.e. baby oil) bath is an amazing thing too. And give me bubbles... I'm man enough!

I also own two emory boards, but they are mostly for filing down callouses.
  • yopeeps025
    yopeeps025 Posts: 8,680 Member

LOL... tell him that a mineral oil (i.e. baby oil) bath is an amazing thing too. And give me bubbles... I'm man enough!

Hey man no shame in if you relax in a bubble bath.

• JeffseekingV
    JeffseekingV Posts: 3,165 Member
    Lotion the skin or the puppy gets it
  • usmcmp
    usmcmp Posts: 21,220 Member

tumblr_m1kbwy5QXA1rpto9ao1_500.gif
  • JoRocka
    JoRocka Posts: 17,525 Member

YES!!!! that's awesome.

IT PUTS THE LOTION ON IT"S SKIN!!!!!
  • Sickpuppyapb
    Sickpuppyapb Posts: 12 Member
    Liquid chalk, over/under grip or hook grip, as everyone has already said
  • dinosnopro
    dinosnopro Posts: 2,179 Member
    liquid chalk is a good option, but the spritzer clogs quickly, so be prepared to just dump it on your hands. I Wound up Just using good old chalk.

FYI the chalk clap right before a heavy deadlift is bad *kitten*...........until you inhale the chalk, go into a coughing fit and have to abort said heavy deadlift.....not that I would know personally. ;)