What order does the fat come off?

Options
I've heard it comes off from different areas of the body gradually

Replies

• marigolds1
    marigolds1 Posts: 25
    Options
    Last hired, first fired.

Women usually lose thighs/butt last; boobs, waists, face, arms, chest first.

Guys usually keep gut fat/back fat till last.
  • dxing
    dxing Posts: 115 Member
    Options
    Stomach fat is the most difficult to lose, which explains why so many people can't see their abs.
  • StephanieJ82
    StephanieJ82 Posts: 233
    Options
    i hold most weight in my thighs and butt.... and when i lose weight it never comes off there :( usually you clan see a loss in my sides, back, arms and face.... bum and legs last
  • missy1970eb
    missy1970eb Posts: 1,209 Member
    Options
    mines come off arms, legs, butt, and boobs in that order :smile:
  • ktblueyz
    ktblueyz Posts: 72
    Options
    first place I lose weight is in my face/neck, after that its my mid section. I honestly cant tell when i lose weight in my legs and arms anyway so idk when that happens
  • zacherybinx
    zacherybinx Posts: 215 Member
    Options
    Yeah for me belly is definitely coming off last...rest of me is already starting to tone up at least though so now next and lastly what will take the most work is my stomach. But then again if you think about it for most of us we probably focused on our stomachs for the longest period of time as far as eating poorly so I think it's justice that it's the hardest to work off.
  • McKayMachina
    McKayMachina Posts: 2,670 Member
    Options
    I seem to be losing in my tummy first. That's where the fat went on last so it seems to be the first to go. Last for me will be thighs and upper arms. Those were big even when I was thin, so I'm trying to be patient.
  • allegram
    allegram Posts: 117
    Options
    It is definitely different for everyone, but the rule "first on last off" is pretty true. Personally, stomach comes off first and easily, then everything else.
  • th1nkth1nmama
    th1nkth1nmama Posts: 158
    Options
    yep, so far mine has come off my face, bust, neck and arms.. hardly nothing from my hips/stomach
  • LorinaLynn
    LorinaLynn Posts: 13,247 Member
    Options
    My body is a walking example of Murphy's Law. Where I want it to come off most is the last place to lose. :laugh:
  • DrBorkBork
    DrBorkBork Posts: 4,099 Member
    Options
    it's different for everyone, but generally fat surrounding (ie: protecting) vital organs comes off last (think about it-- how long have you had skinny arms, collar bones, etc, but still battling the belly?)
  • catcrazy
    catcrazy Posts: 1,740 Member
    Options
    so far the order mine has come off is.....

Stomach (still a long way to go but was the first place noticeable)

Face

Lower arms

Thighs and hips

Back

Nothing off my boobs yet and my lower legs were always skinny. Need a lot more off my stomach and would dearly like my upper arms to lose some as i've had enough of looking like i'm carrying hams in my tops!
  • Salpica
    Salpica Posts: 205 Member
    Options
    The same way it goes on........anyway it darn well pleases!!!

Actually it does vary. I lost it in my legs, stomach, face in that order.
  • sbwood888
    sbwood888 Posts: 953 Member
    Options
    I seem to shrink evenly over my whole body.
  • lizzil0
    lizzil0 Posts: 181 Member
    Options
    I lose around my ribcage first, then face, arms, hips/muffintop, stomach....hopefully thighs soon!
  • mamagooskie
    mamagooskie Posts: 2,964 Member
    Options
    I always lose from my chest area first.
  • maremare312
    maremare312 Posts: 1,143 Member
    Options
    I seem to be losing in my tummy first. That's where the fat went on last so it seems to be the first to go.

Me too, which seems to not be the norm, but I'm happy about it! I never used to have a big tummy (used to be more pear shaped but I think I turned into an apple without a waistline).
  • BigBoneSista
    BigBoneSista Posts: 2,389 Member
    Options
    From head to toe. Even though I have lost inches all over the majority come off the top first.
  • 15off
    15off Posts: 48 Member
    Options
    Seems to come off my upper body first and thats where I gain it last...so I gain bottom to top and lose top to bottom...torture.
    I think its genetic different people lose differently.
  • MyNameIsNotBob
    MyNameIsNotBob Posts: 565 Member
    Options
    I'm suprised that I seem to have lost most of my weight from my midsection. I've always got an hourglass shape, no matter how much I weight, so it wasn't obvious (to me) that I had gained weight there. But I had.

Other places I've noticed: back, legs, feet and hands (!), chest, neck, face. I'm feeling slightly deflated in the boob area, but not as much as I'd like.