• deksgrl
    deksgrl Posts: 7,237 Member
    Options
    13798402601330253264.GIF
  • ruffnstuff
    ruffnstuff Posts: 400 Member
    Options
    132.gif

Yep...this was my first reaction! Just yuck. People, losing weight doesn't have to be a punishment. We aren't less worthy because we allowed ourselves to get overweight. You can still enjoy eating and food and lose weight. I promise.
  • candacefausset
    candacefausset Posts: 297 Member
    Options
    It does help with blood sugar control and blood sugar spikes/plunges can lead to false hunger and an urge to overeat.

Protein does the same thing.
  • Need2Exerc1se
    Need2Exerc1se Posts: 13,575 Member
    Options
    jgnatca wrote: »

And you took that to mean it kills all the bacteria in your gut??
  • Need2Exerc1se
    Need2Exerc1se Posts: 13,575 Member
    Options
    It does help with blood sugar control and blood sugar spikes/plunges can lead to false hunger and an urge to overeat.

Protein does the same thing.

Yes. So does fiber.
  • Lourdesong
    Lourdesong Posts: 1,492 Member
    Options
    In case you haven't noticed, anything dirt cheap that is in everyone's cupboard including your great great great great grandmother's, is hailed as a cure-all for anything you can imagine. People want to believe that benign common household items are miraculous because a) They don't have to go to the store, or if they do, they don't have to look very hard for the item or spend very much, and b) Because they want to believe the answer has been under their nose all along, and that their great great great grandma was a very wise old lady afterall, and c) because there's no real risk in believing these items are miraculous even if it ain't so.

Some examples of often touted "Miraculous" items -

Baking Soda
    Vinegar
    Oils (pick any kind at random and there will be thousands asserting it possesses miraculous properties)
    Vaseline
    Lemons
    Honey
    Hydrogen Peroxide

Not to say any of these common household items aren't multi-purpose and effective at performing many tasks, and that's why most people keep them around.

• SarcasmIsMyLoveLanguage
    Options
    The ladies on Gypsy Sisters swear by it and they all look great in their blinged-out crop-tops so it must be true.

Kidding. And now I've further embarrassed myself by admitting I've watched that show. I'm hanging my head in shame.

OP, stick with a caloric deficit and you'll lose weight without having to choke back ACV every day. Ick.
  • eric_sg61
    eric_sg61 Posts: 2,925 Member
    Options
    Hopes and dreams sold in bottle...............store in a cold, dark place after opening
  • brianpperkins
    brianpperkins Posts: 6,124 Member
    Options
    Mayo and WebMD both see nothing beneficial ... one study showed about a one pound greater loss than the control group which people gained back after the study ended.
  • jgnatca
    jgnatca Posts: 14,464 Member
    Options
    So now the skepticism comes out? Vinegar does horrible things to bacteria. But a guru somewhere swore by a daily dose and so the bogus health claims go on and on.
  • mariposa72004
    mariposa72004 Posts: 29 Member
    Options
    Lol I havent tried it for weightloss but, I have gallstones and read online that drinking 8oz of apple cider vinegar would make it stop hurting during a gallbladder attack.... Well yes I am kinda stupid at times and I drank that 8oz glass of apple cider vinegar I felt like my inside were burning, I had a disgusting taste, in my mouth and was very nauseous. But I could feel the pain from my gallstones!! :dizzy_face:
  • mustgetmuscles1
    mustgetmuscles1 Posts: 3,346 Member
    edited January 2015
    Options
    Magic potions!!!!

tumblr_mc7aki1k2R1rdutw3o1_400.gif
  • bkerr30
    bkerr30 Posts: 131 Member
    Options
    Laurend224 wrote: »
    Don't believe the woo. That being said, Apple cider vinegar makes a great hair rinse, and its the only thing that allows me to be able to comb through my daughter's curly hair.

I have just started using this!
  • moniker_74
    moniker_74 Posts: 16 Member
    Options
    Asian markets sell fruit flavored vinegars to add to water. They taste good. I use just a splash in a huge cup of water to encourage more water vs. soda, but don't expect it to affect weight loss.