10 pounds lighter and tighter by April - Support thread!

Options

Replies

• Level1Vegan
    Level1Vegan Posts: 43 Member
    Options
    Huango. .. 22 days without night time snacking. That's fantastic!

I quit alcohol for 2015 and feel great. Managed 1st night snack free last night.

Yay for your 10 pound thread. I'm in!

10 pounds seems like such a long way away.
    I'm hoping that seeing you guys sticking to it and losing will give me that extra kick to stick to my diet too.

I've just got into running but although my jeans feel looser the scales haven't changed. Boo.

Ok. .. game on!

• sellerskennington
    sellerskennington Posts: 77 Member
    Options
    Huango! Thanks. I had 3 fries and 2 small (literally the little balls like as if a melon scooper made them) fried mozzarella balls. And ended up having Michelob Ultra. I stayed within points, even was under. I have logged now for 6 days!

What's the difference with logging and not hitting complete entry versus hitting complete entry?
  • coleycurly
    coleycurly Posts: 26 Member
    Options
    I'm in! Hi everyone. I would love to lose 10lbs by April. I committed to my journey in December of 2013 and it's been tough... but I have been pretty successful. :smiley: I look forward to the journey! I am 5'6.

SW 197lbs
    CW 170lbs
    GW 150lbs
  • sellerskennington
    sellerskennington Posts: 77 Member
    Options
    LOTS of new people are here! @faelight‌ thank you for starting this! We can do this you guys. If you need help with some recipes, my family loves using the blog www.skinnymom.com we have yet to have a bad recipe (unless we altered her recipe badly). Welcome to all and let's get a moving and tracking!
  • TasnimEz
    TasnimEz Posts: 280 Member
    Options
    I'm in :)

SW: 196.6lbs (89.1 kg)

Would like to get to 186lbs if possible. :#
  • jbeth2292
    jbeth2292 Posts: 8 Member
    edited January 2015
    Options
    I'm in!!

SW:163
    CW: 153lb
    GW (for now!): 140lb

My Goal calories: 1490 (calculated by mfp)
    My Goal exercise: Zumba Wii game 2-3 times a week

I lost weight for my December wedding and have kept it off, even through the Holidays! However, now that I'm back to reality, it's been hard to stay on track. I starting tracking on here when I realized that I didn't want to gain weight and wanted to focus on losing it. I've tracked for 5 days in a row!! Which doesn't seem like much, but it's the first time I've made it that long. :)

Edit: I'm 5'3"
  • mbecker1980
    Options
    I'm in :)
    I'm 5'1"
    SW= 170 (ish, on mfp. My actual sw, when I first began my journey was 198!!)
    CW= 138.6
    GW= 116

It's been a very long road, and I can usually only lose about ten pounds per year, but who knows! I finally broke the barrier into the 130's, so this year might be different! I have a Gazelle edge, and a decent heart rate monitor that my supportive husband got me for my birthday 2 years ago. Also, in the spring, I plan on getting some run time in with my youngest son (he's 11), and I'm proud to say that since fall of last year, I'm finally able to keep up with him :)
  • MsTracy1972
    MsTracy1972 Posts: 25 Member
    Options
    Had the energy to work out today...Yayyy...23 mins, walking moderately on inclined treadmill, 30 jumping jacks, 20 crunches. Its a good day everyone! Lets Go!
  • garnetann2014
    garnetann2014 Posts: 13 Member
    Options
    Game On! That should be the motto. I did 45 minutes on the treadmill today. WI was down 1.2#. I am happy with small losses as long as I have them. It is amazing how much harder it is to lose now than like 10 years ago. sigh...
  • MsTracy1972
    Options
    Yayyy Garnetann!!! Babysteps!
  • MsTracy1972
    Options
    While its on my mind, and its near time for me to go home, I have to tell you guys, I eat very well at work. My breakfast/lunch is planned and I seldomly go off the routine. This is good because I like variety. HOWEVER, after I leave work, I drive about 20 miles to get home, McDonalds Ice Cream cones call my name. I haven't even left yet and I'm thinking about it. Maybe now that Ive said it and gotten it out of my system, I'll be fine :wink: Wish me luck.
  • dpatel126
    dpatel126 Posts: 3
    edited January 2015
    Options
    I need this support. During my pregnancy I gained 40 pounds, I lost most of it in 12 months but I still got last 10 pounds and I just don't have that motivation to do it.

MOTIVATE me please.

My plan, eat calories required and excercise four times a week for 45 minute session of cardio.
  • mbecker1980
    Options
    Good luck, MsTracy! Sometimes, it's hard to deny oneself of ice cream :)
  • huango
    huango Posts: 1,007 Member
    Options
    Tracy: eat a big apple with a big glass of water on your drives home.
    It'll help you fill up a bit so that you won't want the ice cream.
    OR eat both and slowly wean yourself from the ice cream.
    OR incorporate/plan into your food log the ice cream.
    This is a marathon, not a sprint, so don't give up food. Just in moderation.

Ie. I've been CRAVING an amazing buttery croissant for a few days now.
    I log it in every day, planning to eat one. BUT I haven't driven near a great bakery, so I just move the croissant calories to the next day. I WILL eat this croissant soon!
    :)
  • MsTracy1972
    Options
    Huango, I have incorporated water on my drive home but I only sip on it for fear that I will get stuck in traffic and have to tinkle (my bladder is being smushed by a huge uterine fibroid so I can't hold water). But, the apple is a good idea, if I have something else to snack on I most likely wont want the ice cream everyday, just once and a while! I could always drive the other way, so I dont see McDonalds too. :blush:
  • MsTracy1972
    Options
    GAME ON dpatel!
  • Linzer140fit
    Linzer140fit Posts: 31 Member
    Options
    Hi, I would like to join here. My goal is actually 15 by April 1st I hope that's okay.

Height 5'7"

SW - 159
    CW - 158.5
    GW- 140

I will achieve this goal by increasing activity, eating decent food, tracking intake and drinking water.

Linz.
  • faelight
    faelight Posts: 58 Member
    Options
    It's official - GAME ON is our motto!!

:) (*) <3

I logged into today to see 28 new replies! Wow!! I read each and every one of your posts and am blown away! Look at what we're doing already!

For the new ones who just joined in today and yesterday - welcome!

Everyone - good luck! Y'all are doin amazing things just by coming on here and opening up about where you are.

my success today: I stopped at two small homemade burritos even though I wanted 4! haha! And I enjoyed a tiny bit of chocolate without having to devour the whole thing. I did portion control right - now to repeat for dinner!
  • faelight
    Options
    dpatel126 wrote: »
    I need this support. During my pregnancy I gained 40 pounds, I lost most of it in 12 months but I still got last 10 pounds and I just don't have that motivation to do it.

MOTIVATE me please.

My plan, eat calories required and excercise four times a week for 45 minute session of cardio.

If you want it, you can do it! The one thing I learned about motivation is we gotta find what's inside of us that drives us to step up our game and do it. What's your reasons for wanting to lose that 10 lbs? Do you have a big, and good-feeling reason to work for this? If so, tap into that! You got this.
  • faelight
    Options
    minesta wrote: »
    I just finished today's yoga practice. Third day in a row!!! A first for me. I joined a 30 day challenge and having completed the first three makes me feel very proud of myself. Especially being able to ignore the little voice that told me to stay in bed and not workout today. Me 3 little voice 0

Awesome!! Choosing the voice inside of us that speaks more lovingly and positively is the way to go! This is how we make real change!! :)