Insanity Max 30: Starting Jan 12th

Options

Replies

• troytroy11
    troytroy11 Posts: 180 Member
    Options
    This is a great system. I am starting week three this evening and just love the feeling if improvement. If I can make it past any kind of power jump without maxing out I will be happy.
    Does anyone have any tips on how to input this into MFP calorie usage? I have been using the circuit training option but unsure if that is accurate.
  • mattjft
    mattjft Posts: 114 Member
    Options
    troytroy11 wrote: »
    This is a great system. I am starting week three this evening and just love the feeling if improvement. If I can make it past any kind of power jump without maxing out I will be happy.
    Does anyone have any tips on how to input this into MFP calorie usage? I have been using the circuit training option but unsure if that is accurate.

using a HRM with a chest strap is really the best way
  • FitPhillygirl
    FitPhillygirl Posts: 7,124 Member
    edited January 2015
    Options
    Finished up week 3 today with Friday Fight. Maxed Out at 17:30.
  • FitPhillygirl
    edited January 2015
    Options
    troytroy11 wrote: »

I agree with what Matt said above about using a HRM. While they are not totally accurate. They are more accurate than the amount that MFP gives. I created my own exercise for my Max 30 workouts and put in the amount of calories that my Polar FT 7 said that I burned.
  • Tammy_Christopher
    Tammy_Christopher Posts: 337 Member
    Options
    Just finished up Friday Fight, that one seriously kicks my butt! So week 2 is done. Weigh in and measurements tomorrow, I'm anxious. I can feel myself getting stronger already, being able to do more and more each day.

You guys are all doing so awesome, keep up the great work and keep kicking butt! Happy Friday :)
  • troytroy11
    troytroy11 Posts: 180 Member
    Options
    Thank you Eileen and Matt. I am already researching the best HRM. Looking forward to Tabata Strength today for the first time; I was just getting used to the routine with Tabata Power.
  • bug1114
    bug1114 Posts: 268 Member
    Options
    Week 3 Cardio Challenge is done! Increased my max out time by 45 seconds. Feeling a lot stronger today than I was last week!
  • Tammy_Christopher
    Options
    Cardio challenge to begin week 3 is done. This morning was a little rough to get through but I made it. I can feel myself getting stronger each day, loving that!
  • FitPhillygirl
    Options
    Began week 4 today with Cardio Challenge. Maxed Out at 19:17.
  • violetcharms
    violetcharms Posts: 158 Member
    Options
    I don't know what I did, but I seem to have injured my shin over the weekend.

Shall be doing W2D1 using full modifier today, hope it burns as bad.. actually, who am i kidding, I KNOW it will burn as bad =P
  • bug1114
    Options
    Well, W3D2 Tabata Strength is done. Forgot that this was a different workout from the previous two weeks, and was totally thrown off by the diamond jumps. My max out time almost three minutes under what it was for Tabata Power. Ugh.
  • Markdjones83
    Markdjones83 Posts: 852 Member
    Options
    Week 2 Tabata Power, Maxed 6:12, but I pushed hard through the rest of it! I am getting stronger, better stamina in my indoor soccer games and more energy. I LOVE this program so far.

• violetcharms
    violetcharms Posts: 158 Member
    Options
    W2D1 maxed out at 14:22. Super pleased with myself, as it is an improvement from last week. Feet still not feeling great, so will be on modifier version only until I feel better.

I'd rather go slower than have to sit out if i injure myself further.

My weight has not moved much though, I'm guessing my diet is still quite bad.
  • Tammy_Christopher
    Options
    Week 3 day 3 Sweat Intervals all done for the day. I had a crazy day yesterday and didn't get to do Tabata Strength but I will do it Saturday to make up for it.
  • bug1114
    Options
    Week 3 day 3 Sweat Intervals all done for the day. I had a crazy day yesterday and didn't get to do Tabata Strength but I will do it Saturday to make up for it.

Was wondering where you were yesterday, glad you are still here! Interested to hear what you think about Tabata Strength, it's pretty different from Tabata Power.
  • Tammy_Christopher
    Options
    I was really bummed to miss it yesterday, I was looking forward to a new workout. I've been fighting some breathing problems after having bronchitis and ended up back at the dr yesterday and was there all afternoon. By the time I was done with all the tests and they poked at me all afternoon I had nothing left in me to get my workout done. I'm looking forward to getting this one done though and see what it's like!
  • bug1114
    Options
    I was really bummed to miss it yesterday, I was looking forward to a new workout. I've been fighting some breathing problems after having bronchitis and ended up back at the dr yesterday and was there all afternoon. By the time I was done with all the tests and they poked at me all afternoon I had nothing left in me to get my workout done. I'm looking forward to getting this one done though and see what it's like!

Oh wow, sorry to hear that! I hope you feel better soon!
  • Tammy_Christopher
    Options
    bug1114 wrote: »

Oh wow, sorry to hear that! I hope you feel better soon!

Thank you :) Getting a little better each day.

Finished Tabata Strength today. My plan was to get up a little earlier and do todays workout as well as Tuesdays that I missed. I quickly realized there was no way that was going to happen. I don't know how I'm even using my arms right now! This one will definitely get that upper body going. Those cross push up things where you put your leg through to the other side, yea I don't know that I'll ever do those unmodified. I think I'll be feeling that one later! One day closer to the end of week 3 though, bring on Friday Fight :)
  • bug1114
    Options
    W3D4 Tabata Strength done. Improved my max out time by just a small amount. Those diamond jump burpees are killer!
  • FitPhillygirl
    Options
    Tabata Strength done for the week. Maxed Out at 23:58.