Craving ice cream

Options
13»

Replies

• Serah87
    Serah87 Posts: 5,481 Member
    Options
    Did anybody mention frozen bananas or frozen grapes??

LOL :p;)
  • Rogiefreida
    Rogiefreida Posts: 567 Member
    Options
    I don't try to overcome the cravings. I make the ice cream fit into my day and enjoy it. :)

If portion control is a problem, get a husband or kid that will find your ice cream stash and eat the rest before you have a chance for seconds, like obscure said. My husband is a star at eating up my ice cream stashes.
  • Vanillatwilight3
    Vanillatwilight3 Posts: 13 Member
    edited January 2015
    Options
    I use vape pens with nicotine free juice to curb dessert cravings. Right now one pen is full of Peach pie (AMAZING) and the other filled with vanilla custard flavored vape juice. I just drink hot green tea while I vape that way my stomach gets fuller and fuller while I keep taking in the dessert flavor, its incredibly satisfying and 0 cals.
  • WinoGelato
    WinoGelato Posts: 13,454 Member
    Options
    I use vape pens with nicotine free juice to curb dessert cravings. Right now one pen is full of Peach pie (AMAZING) and the other filled with vanilla custard flavored vape juice. I just drink hot green tea while I vape that way my stomach gets fuller and fuller while I keep taking in the dessert flavor, its incredibly satisfying and 0 cals.

Not sure if serious...

• stealthq
    stealthq Posts: 4,298 Member
    Options
    AHainzl wrote: »
    blend frozen bananas... works for me everytime... but i do love ice cream... and if i want it, ill get a mcdonalds vanilla cone... its like 170 cals and i can normally work it in to fit my cals for the day

Agree- fit it in and have it. BUT blended frozen banana is delicious. I made some last night. (But I'm weird & searched the entire boardwalk for frozen chocolate covered bananas one summer while the rest of my family was eating Kohr Brothers.) It's got a very mild flavor so you could add a little vanilla to it, and the texture is so similar to 'real' ice cream. Peel the bananas before you freeze them though or they're a PITA.

If you freeze them with the peel it protects them from freezer burn. And to peel a frozen banana, dip it in hot water and thaw the peel first.

That said, while I love chocolate dipped frozen bananas, I am not down with blended frozen banana faux ice cream.

Another option to fit ice cream in is ice cream pops. Pre-portioned ice cream. Sometimes it helps.
  • Vanillatwilight3
    Options
    Kruggeri wrote: »

Not sure if serious...

Very Serious :p
  • lots2live4
    lots2live4 Posts: 107 Member
    Options
    I love blended frozen bananas! My teenage daughters were so amazed when I made it one night and it looked and tasted like regular ice cream. I'm going to have one tonight!
  • Vanillatwilight3
    Options
    MrM27 wrote: »

Not sure if serious...

It's time for you to reevaluate.

What would you suggest?
  • arditarose
    arditarose Posts: 15,575 Member
    Options

Did you post this on the thread responding to meals with zero calories?
  • WinoGelato
    WinoGelato Posts: 13,454 Member
    Options
    MrM27 wrote: »

Not sure if serious...

It's time for you to reevaluate.

What would you suggest?

I normally suggest gelato but in this case, I would even be ok with frozen mashed bananas.

• ryanbrowning115
    ryanbrowning115 Posts: 69 Member
    Options
    It's all about moderation. Enjoy the things you love without over doing it. If you can't simply have a spoonful of ice cream then try freezing bananas for a healthy alternative. I have also heard about people adding a little bit of peanut butter in with frozen bananas for a great treat.
  • lemurcat12
    lemurcat12 Posts: 30,886 Member
    Options
    lots2live4 wrote: »
    I love blended frozen bananas! My teenage daughters were so amazed when I made it one night and it looked and tasted like regular ice cream. I'm going to have one tonight!

Is it weird that I really like bananas, but never actually think "wow, this banana would be better frozen and mushed up"? I've even had it and recommended it, but thinking about it I like bananas better either plain or broiled a bit (yes, really).

In fact, broiled banana on some ice cream sounds amazing to me right now.

(I don't have the calories anyway, for either, because of a goodbye lunch plus my dinner plans, though.)
  • lemurcat12
    lemurcat12 Posts: 30,886 Member
    Options
    blend frozen bananas... works for me everytime... but i do love ice cream... and if i want it, ill get a mcdonalds vanilla cone... its like 170 cals and i can normally work it in to fit my cals for the day

Agree- fit it in and have it. BUT blended frozen banana is delicious. I made some last night. (But I'm weird & searched the entire boardwalk for frozen chocolate covered bananas one summer while the rest of my family was eating Kohr Brothers.) It's got a very mild flavor so you could add a little vanilla to it, and the texture is so similar to 'real' ice cream. Peel the bananas before you freeze them though or they're a PITA.

I actually missed this post. Frozen chocolate covered bananas are really good. They are about the only reason I ever went to Taste of Chicago (although not enough of a reason the last several years). Need to make them at home.
  • Vanillatwilight3
    Options
    arditarose wrote: »

Did you post this on the thread responding to meals with zero calories?

Nope, I rarely post at all. This is my first in months and first since I started vaping.
  • lots2live4
    lots2live4 Posts: 107 Member
    edited January 2015
    Options
    Haha, did someone say frozen blended bananas...yum! Lol, I missed the part that people were sick of frozen bananas. Sorry

yummy%20blended%20frozen%20bananas_zpsx2k5vm8w.jpg

frozen%20banana_zpskxtruz6y.jpg
  • HeySwoleSister
    HeySwoleSister Posts: 1,938 Member
    Options
    It's all about moderation. Enjoy the things you love without over doing it. If you can't simply have a spoonful of ice cream then try freezing bananas for a healthy alternative. I have also heard about people adding a little bit of peanut butter in with frozen bananas for a great treat.

But a frozen banana+peanut butter has a ton of calories. If you want ice cream, have the ice cream. If you want a banana, have a banana, whatever temperature you want. But, be clear, a frozen banana is not more "diet friendly" than ice cream, unless you have a dairy allergy.
  • Alluminati
    Alluminati Posts: 6,208 Member
    Options
    lots2live4 wrote: »
    Haha, did someone say frozen blended bananas...yum! Lol, I missed the part that people were sick of frozen bananas. Sorry

yummy%20blended%20frozen%20bananas_zpsx2k5vm8w.jpg

frozen%20banana_zpskxtruz6y.jpg

Just kidding.

• Alluminati
    Alluminati Posts: 6,208 Member
    Options
    5d6300c70988fb1aaf8e67854556fd4b.jpg

You're adorable. Hugg