when is the best time to weigh yourself?

Options
Or is it ok anytime?

Replies

• donnabarnes44db
    Options
    Glass half full...far too often!
    Or is it ok anytime?

• MaryCS62
    MaryCS62 Posts: 266 Member
    Options
    Same time (ie, morning, night, etc) in the same clothing (naked, underwear, jeans & tshirt).
    I weigh myself 3-4 times/week, first thing after bathroom use, in my undies usually, but only chart weekly (Saturday mornings). This allows me to see fluctuations, but not go crazy.
  • donnabarnes44db
    Options
    Ok thanks Mary I dont have scales at home but can use them at work so guess as soon as I get in..maybe not in my underwear there though!
  • ZaraxXx88
    ZaraxXx88 Posts: 918 Member
    Options
    I weigh myself every month. If you do it on a daily or weekly basis personally I don't think you'll see any results which then puts a dampener on all your hard work. Maybe weigh yourself fortnightly if you really want to know but don't become obsessed. Hope that helps and good luck! :)
  • vfit10
    vfit10 Posts: 228 Member
    Options
    I believe I the morning since you done have anything on the belly
  • Cortelli
    Cortelli Posts: 1,369 Member
    edited January 2015
    Options
    Ok thanks Mary I dont have scales at home but can use them at work so guess as soon as I get in..maybe not in my underwear there though!

If it's something you are keen on tracking, I'd advise you to spend a few bucks on a home scale and weigh every morning, after waking, before eating or drinking, after doing any business you may need to, nude. Reason being, the number on the scale is a constantly changing number throughout your day based on food and waste in your system, variable water retention, etc. -- at least by eliminating variables like different clothing, and having an extended period of no consumption (assuming you're not sleepwalking and eating or waking up and eating) you minimize the other variables. Sure, a sodium packed day, your TOM, a humongous dinner, a night out drinking inducing some dehydration -- all these will still cause your morning weight to fluctuate, sometimes dramatically -- but at least you've eliminated some variables that would increase the volatility of your scale weight.