Tall women pants sizes and weight?

Options

Replies

• tallmama3
    tallmama3 Posts: 22 Member
    Options
    5'10.5"
    sw: 270 size 22
    cw: 174.5 size 10/12- probably- can fit a curvy fit size 8 jean from old navy, but they are snuuug. I currently wear a size 12 old navy (tall& curvy) jean but they are pretty darn loose these days

my shape at my SW was def pear shaped, was always booty-ish- thought I always would be- but my butt is all but gone! haven't lost hardly any off my boobs- still a touch heavy in the saddle bag area, but was surprized how much my but disappeared.
  • ColoradoBringItOn
    ColoradoBringItOn Posts: 132 Member
    Options
    I'm 5'9". At my highest 287 I was wearing a 22/24. At 240 I'm wearing a loose 18. My goal is 175 which is what I was in high school and I wore a 12 or 14 very comfortably but I was only 5'6". I'm hoping my height no will allow me to be a size 10 at that same weight when I get there but honestly anything under what I am now will make me HAPPY!!!!!!!!!
  • jus4kix06
    jus4kix06 Posts: 53 Member
    edited January 2015
    Options
    I'm 5'10.5" I weigh 139.8lbs. right now and depending on the brand I wear between 8-10. When I was at my highest of about 165lbs. I wore 11-13.
  • livb528
    livb528 Posts: 55 Member
    Options
    I am 5'8ish. My starting weight is 260 and I am in a size 20. I can go down to an 18 around 240-245 and a size 16 around 215-220. I haven't been a size 14 since freshman year of high school but I'd imagine it'd be in the 180's. I'm looking forward to it although ultimately I'd like to be an 8-10. I carry my weight in my thighs and butt so it takes me a while to go down a size.
  • pdwhitlock
    pdwhitlock Posts: 83 Member
    Options
    So glad someone posted for tall ladies! I am 6'00" at my heaviest, I was 267 and a tight size 18. I dropped to 220 to a size14 and then I got pregnant and packed it all on again. Started this back up in October at 250 and I was a loose size18 and dropped to a 16 around 235-240. I'm back to 220 now and I'm still in a size 16, which are falling off but I just simply do not like the tight 14s right now so I'm waiting til I loose some more belly weight to drop down which seems to be where I'm holding into the weight the most.
  • pdwhitlock
    pdwhitlock Posts: 83 Member
    Options
    brain328 wrote: »

I'm 6'0" - At my biggest, 300 lbs I wore a size 22 pants. I currently am at about 80 lbs lost and I now wear either a 12 or 14 tall. Gets harder and harder to find pants, the more weight I lose.

I'm nearly 6'2" and I feel your pain, no matter what size I am. It appears that they assume that larger people are also taller people so they increase the length a little (still too short for me though!), but that smaller people can't possibly be, so the pants are anywhere between 2 and 4" too short. Bah! And I live in Australia, which makes it worse - very little variety in long pants, so I order them online from America. Gap seems to do them long enough in their extra-tall section, so give them a go! :smile:
    Have you tried alloy? I haven't ordered pants from them in years but I remember they had a wide range of sizes and very long inseam options.
  • Aemely
    Aemely Posts: 694 Member
    edited January 2015
    Options
    I'm not terribly tall at 5'7"... But, at my top weight (165'ish), I was a US size 14. At 149, I'm still mostly a size 14 leaning heavily towards a 12. If I reach 140, I'll still be a size 12, as that's the lowest size that will fit my hips. :disagree:
  • YvonneUSNRET
    YvonneUSNRET Posts: 5 Member
    Options
    I'm 5'11" and currently 193. I wear a size 14 tall pants and carry weight equally distributed, although I do have a tendency to bloat. My butt has always been round, even 30 years ago when I weighed 132 lbs and wore a size 3. I'm literally all legs, I have hardly no torso at all, it's like I go from head to neck to legs. With regular rise pants, the waistband sits at the nipples.

Finding pants that fit have always been a challenge, that's why I sew. :)
  • mlcantwell
    mlcantwell Posts: 243 Member
    Options
    I'm 5'8" and 170lb, I mostly wear leggings or tights but my go to jeans are old navy size 12US long sweetheart style. I'm not sure how much it would take to get me in a 10, I can't remember being that size!!
  • jenEphur
    jenEphur Posts: 33 Member
    Options
    I'm 5'11.75" and at my highest of 367, I was wearing a large 26 and maybe a 28. I'm at 308ish now, and I'm in a 22 but the legs are too large in the hips and tight in the calves. I remember being 220ish and just getting into a 14. At 250 I was in a 16.
  • ivette52490
    ivette52490 Posts: 17 Member
    Options
    I am 5'10, currently 166 lbs, can wear a size 8 in jeans (which is a little snug). Two years ago at my lightest, 146, I was wearing a size 4 jeans. Most of my weight is around my stomach, chest, and thighs/hips.
  • azulvioleta6
    azulvioleta6 Posts: 4,195 Member
    Options
    5'10", currently 216 and in size 10S jeans. I have really short legs for a tall person--29" inseam--and my legs are my thinnest part. I could probably get into an 8S with a little wiggling.

At 300 pounds I wore a 22W in dress/suit pants. I have not kept careful track of sizes in between.
  • serenitymcc
    serenitymcc Posts: 30 Member
    edited January 2015
    Options
    Sorry, edited to remove because I'm not tall
  • thirtyseconds
    thirtyseconds Posts: 1 Member
    Options
    I'm 5'11" right now and at a size 12 as I weigh 180-185.

When I weighed 130, I was at a size 8 in juniors or 4/6 in adults. That's what I'm trying to get back to!
  • sewedo1
    sewedo1 Posts: 200 Member
    Options
    5'10'' and when I lose 2 more pounds my BMI will be "normal". Mostly size 12 pants. A couple 10's. I carry my weight in my belly. I am really very satisfied with my clothing sizes and have always felt comfortable at about this size. I'd like to lose 5 or so pounds now, more for health, than clothing size change. 10 pounds lighter and I'd be a solid size 10...been there before. Even when I was 20 pounds lighter and much younger (18) I was never out of double digits sizes. Maybe there is some vanity -sizing now but I guess this is because of the way I carry my weight, too.
  • chelsieleigh93
    chelsieleigh93 Posts: 2 Member
    Options
    I'm 5'8" currently 257lbs and wearing uk size 16/18 my weight seems evenly distributed around my whole body though not just in a set place.
  • mangrothian
    mangrothian Posts: 1,351 Member
    Options
    I'm just over 6'1, and currently 284lbs. In Australian plus sizes I'm an 18W (I'm also extremely pear shaped), and there's pretty much only 1 store I can buy pants from.

At my largest (310lbs) I was a 22W.

At my smallest, ~190-195lbs, I was fitting into Australian 14-16's, but finding long enough pants (that covered my whole butt at least!) was hard. I'm not that old, but online shopping to get pants from the US or wherever wasn't exactly reliable at that time.

@vanessalillian82 There's a couple of decent Australian based online stores that sell pants with up to a 38" inseam in their pants now such as TallbyDesign and JeansWest, and Longtallsally now has an Australian based warehouse for their clothing delivery which is nice. I'm not small enough to shop at these stores yet, but will be pillaging their stock soon enough!
  • redpandora56
    redpandora56 Posts: 289 Member
    Options
    5'11", 148.5, trying to get to GW of 145. Currently in a UK10-12 or US 6-8 depending on make. Always long/tall inseam though as I'm a 35" inseam. My lower stomach and hips is the last place I lose it, there's always a little tummy pooch there until I get to like 145 then it seems to go which is why I'm determined to get these last few lbs off.
  • Penchant4Words
    Options
    I'm 6'1" and started out on MFP at 285lbs and wore a size 20 tall in jeans. After a year's journey, I'm down to 240lbs and am a size 16 tall now! I'm apple shaped- all the weight is in the belly and upper thighs! Ideally, I'd like to get down to 180!

Also- anyone looking for a new tall friend, please add me! It's great having the support of fellow Amazons!!! :-D
  • simbersea
    simbersea Posts: 1,248 Member
    Options
    I'm 5'9" and pear-ish. I carry most of my weight in my thighs and arms. I'm currently at 163 lbs and comfortably in a U.S. size 8. To get to my desired size 6, I'll probably have to get down to below 150.
Do you Love MyFitnessPal? Have you crushed a goal or improved your life through better nutrition using MyFitnessPal?
Share your success and inspire others. Leave us a review on Apple Or Google Play stores!